Do you support American / Canadian Cross Border Policing?

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a citizen of Canada do you want armed U.S police officers on Canadian soil?

Simple yes or no answer

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1094483--border-deal-fuels-concerns-in-canada

OTTAWA—Armed U.S. police officers will for the first time be allowed to operate in Canada along with the RCMP as part of far-reaching changes in Canadian-American border operations to be unveiled next week by Prime Minister Stephen Harper and President Barack Obama.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder revealed last fall that the deal will authorize Canada and the U.S. to designate officers who can take part in police investigations on both sides of the border. The pilot project, Holder said, will improve the two countries’ ability to deal with the “unprecedented” threats along the border from terrorists, human smugglers, illegal firearms traffickers and drug dealers.

The model for the joint policing program is the Shiprider project, a three-year-old plan under which the RCMP and U.S. Coast Guard join forces and ride in each others’ vessels when patrolling boundary waters.

Edited by olp1fan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a citizen of Canada do you want armed U.S police officers on Canadian soil?

Simple yes or no answer

I have no problem with armed American police officers in Canada.

I am far more upset that it is far easier to cross the French/German border in 2011 than it is to cross the Canadian/US border.

Europe was once a continent of borders. Now people cross it freely.

America was once a continent of freedom. Now it has borders.

-----

I know that Mark Steyn has a different perspective on these questions, but I take the micro view. In Europe nowadays, ordinary people have fewer borders. They are more free. It is North America that now checks people at airports, and borders.

In the past, the Canada/US border was famous for being long, and undefended. People used to cross it freely. Sadly, that's no longer true.

Edited by August1991

Why don't we create our very own NAU then? lets just do that, maybe if it were official it would affect your life

More globalresearch.ca tinfoil hat crap???

You did read this correctly that BOTH countries are going to have officers of each others countries in the others respective borders,right???

I wonder what USAians think of having Mounties on USA soil??

I have no problem with armed American police officers in Canada.

I am far more upset that it is far easier to cross the French/German border in 2011 than it is to cross the Canadian/US border.

Europe was once a continent of borders. Now people cross it freely.

America was once a continent of freedom. Now it has borders.

-----

I know that Mark Steyn has a different perspective on these questions, but I take the micro view. In Europe nowadays, ordinary people have fewer borders. They are more free. It is North America that now checks people at airports, and borders.

But we aren't more free.. in fact we now have to have a passport to cross into America and also pay 5 bucks if we enter through water or air

do we really want TSA in Canada?

careful what you wish for

Edited by olp1fan

The TSA already operates in Canada.

Oh do they? prove it

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/11/26/no-pat-downs-eh-canada-too-polite-for-tsa-style-searches/

Canadian authorities say the country’s airport screeners won’t resort to American-style groping. Because that wouldn’t be nice.

Transport Minister Chuck Strahl called the American approach to security “provocative.” (Read about TSA rage.)

“Canadians obviously have a right to expect to be treated properly and respectfully at airports,” he said.

“While the Americans have instituted a more intensive … pat-down technique, that’s not happening in Canada.” (Intensive? Is that what the kids call it these days?)

So, my friends, go north!

Edited by olp1fan

So, 200 years after Napoleon and teh War of 1812, let's make the US/Canada border the same as the French/German border.

the french and germans aren't as paranoid about terrorism and drugs like the U.S

that is why Canada should be worried

innocent people will now be sought after

Edited by olp1fan

Guest Derek L

the french and germans aren't as paranoid about terrorism and drugs like the U.S

that is why Canada should be worried

innocent people will now be sought after

Who's banned the wearing of burqas and has created Muslim ghettos, of which are not safe for police to enter.........Making more facts up?

Who's banned the wearing of burqas and has created Muslim ghettos, of which are not safe for police to enter.........Making more facts up?

The Burqa should be banned

it has no place in a western country

go back to your home country if you wanna wear it

Edited by olp1fan

Guest Derek L

The Burqa should be banned

it has no place in a western country

go back to your home country if you wanna wear it

Really……that’s really authoritarian of you……picking what’s good and bad from other people’s religion and dictating how they practice it……

So you going to answer the question, or continue spinning your yarns?

Really……that’s really authoritarian of you……picking what’s good and bad from other people’s religion and dictating how they practice it……

So you going to answer the question, or continue spinning your yarns?

You can call it authoritarian and then I can find something the conservatives have banned and or limited and accuse them of the same thing and we could play this game until the next election

your question is off topic, stay on topic or leave

Guest Derek L

You can call it authoritarian and then I can find something the conservatives have banned and or limited and accuse them of the same thing and we could play this game until the next election

your question is off topic, stay on topic or leave

So you are advocating that Canada bans Burquas and creates ghettos for Muslim immigrants, like the French? If so, wouldn’t that help to alleviate, your preconceived, concerns held by Americans……thus allowing for a more open boarder between Canada and the United States?

Guest Derek L

I'm not really sure what Burqas have to do with cross-border policing.

Read the thread......August suggests we should have a freer boarder than France and Germany…….Olp1fan suggests it would never fly because the Americans are too paranoid of Muslim terrorists…….I suggest the French are more so, made evident by their banning of the Muslim garb and putting Muslim immigrants into ghettos……olp1fan agrees with the French…….I ask if we should adopt the French policy, thus paving the way for a more open boarder between Canada and the United States by eliminating the Muslim terrorist threat from Canada to them