Mackay busted in a lie about the helicopter of doom

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always believed in science, from a young age. I've never accepted religion.

You really do see the world and anyone who disagrees with you as just one great big straw man, don't you?

I guess if you define how everything works and how everyone else thinks it's very easy to always think you're right!

If THAT'S not religious type thinking I don't know what is!

you don't seem that upset at alot of the shady things the cons have done

sorry if i call it how i see it

Find me evidence that Harper has a stripper as a mistress! Or that McKay is selling military secrets to the Chinese. I realize those are not good examples. Harper is an accountant and as such we'd be surprised if he had an affair with his own wife! And Canada doesn't have any military secrets modern enough to interest China. Still, there must be something more interesting than a Defence Minister taking a trip on a military aircraft!

But why did he go through such great lengths to deny such a little thing? If he'd just admitted it in the first place, it would have been a none issue. Now he's putting himself in the position that the armed forces are lying about him. I don't know how they vote as a group, but it seems he's probably doing something that might alienate him from a potential group of Conservative support. Even if you're not upset about his lack of honesty, you have to admit his judgement in turning this into a big of a thing as this.

Guest Derek L

As I’ve said in the other Peter Mackay “jet setting thread”, and I’ll reiterate here, most of you (the posters here), the media and everyone else are not seeing the forest for the trees with this “scandal”…Again, isn’t it, let’s say odd, that a media fishing expedition on Canadian Forces flight logs landed a few fish? And the timing, right around the time General Leslie’s report was released, a report that highlighted how the DND budget and procurement process could be streamlined……A report that suggested the massive, cancerous bloat in NDHQ of high ranking officers (Very top heavy), civil servants and everybody’s favourite, defence contractors should be severely trimmed.

And no one is questioning why the MND & CDS, whom want to transform DND, have had stories released, that are superficial at best, to put them in a negative light………..Perhaps the opposition will get their pound of flesh, but the final scorecard will read:

MND & CDS: 0

Opposition: 1

Military Industrial Complex: Game, set, match.

Edited by Derek L

But why did he go through such great lengths to deny such a little thing? If he'd just admitted it in the first place, it would have been a none issue. Now he's putting himself in the position that the armed forces are lying about him. I don't know how they vote as a group, but it seems he's probably doing something that might alienate him from a potential group of Conservative support. Even if you're not upset about his lack of honesty, you have to admit his judgement in turning this into a big of a thing as this.

Oh, I'll admit that McKay seems to have blown this one! I just take exception to making it the crime of the century!

I mean, the bar for political integrity is pretty low after all those Liberal years. McKay is just operating in the Ottawa status quo!

Everybody's judgement is off once in a while. Chretien was off by a LOT many times during his terms and I don't recall the same degree of outrage!

The reason I keep bringing up "old stuff" that seems to so infuriate Olp1fan is not that I'm trying to excuse a present sin. I've already said that as sins go this one is pretty lame-ass!

No, I do it to illustrate that Olp1fan's outrage is so partisan and selective, along with so many of his fellows.

The picture is simple to understand.A liberal sins and it is forgiven or even ignored, no matter how egregious. A Tory makes no matter how trivial a sin and always someone like Olp1fan immediately stands up and screams that it is a crime against Man, dogs and God!

And then when I point out his silence on the liberal faux pas he replies "Old stuff don't count! Fugeddabout it!"

THAT'S what I'm pointing out! The hypocrisy! The partisanship!

Partisan thinking is for trolls and idiots! It's a waste of everyone's time on a forum like this! Has anyone ever seen me post that anyone in the NDP is a commie pinko? Never have and never would! But almost every day we see slams against any and all conservatives, as if they were the proverbial reptilian kitten eaters!

And I get called a Conservative as if it's some kind of synonym for evil, when I'm a classic Liberal!

The ignorance is overwhelming!

Oh, I'll admit that McKay seems to have blown this one! I just take exception to making it the crime of the century!

I mean, the bar for political integrity is pretty low after all those Liberal years. McKay is just operating in the Ottawa status quo!

Everybody's judgement is off once in a while. Chretien was off by a LOT many times during his terms and I don't recall the same degree of outrage!

The reason I keep bringing up "old stuff" that seems to so infuriate Olp1fan is not that I'm trying to excuse a present sin. I've already said that as sins go this one is pretty lame-ass!

No, I do it to illustrate that Olp1fan's outrage is so partisan and selective, along with so many of his fellows.

The picture is simple to understand.A liberal sins and it is forgiven or even ignored, no matter how egregious. A Tory makes no matter how trivial a sin and always someone like Olp1fan immediately stands up and screams that it is a crime against Man, dogs and God!

And then when I point out his silence on the liberal faux pas he replies "Old stuff don't count! Fugeddabout it!"

THAT'S what I'm pointing out! The hypocrisy! The partisanship!

Partisan thinking is for trolls and idiots! It's a waste of everyone's time on a forum like this! Has anyone ever seen me post that anyone in the NDP is a commie pinko? Never have and never would! But almost every day we see slams against any and all conservatives, as if they were the proverbial reptilian kitten eaters!

And I get called a Conservative as if it's some kind of synonym for evil, when I'm a classic Liberal!

The ignorance is overwhelming!

you are so far off the mark, i was glad the libs went down after adscam

but unlike you i dont live in the past, cons have been the govmnt for 5 years already

you may no longer use them to justify a thing

Guest Derek L

oh so its a conspiracy by the military okayyyy

Explain the timing……..Explain who steered the media into requesting access to the Information Act on something so specific….

derek, mackay making up a complicated back story to a pretty much non story was wrong... yes or no?

Innocent till proven guilty……I don’t know if said emails were doctored….I also question why the air force Colonel would advise against said trip, prior to it occurring and the negative optics it would attract.

Guest Derek L

pretty sure they both lied

Two posts above, you just questioned the Militaries ability to lie…..So which is it?

oh so its a conspiracy by the military okayyyy
Edited by Derek L

i guess i should have a disclaimer condemning the libs under my posts

that would satisfy you wild bill?

I'd be happy if you just knew the difference between different political philosophies and stopped calling me a Conservative. Do you even know what a classic liberal is?

After reading your posts since you showed up on this board, I don't believe you do! Furthermore, it would appear that you don't really care! Certainly, you don't let it slow you down any.

if you stole 39K from a company you worked for, lied about it and had others cover it up for you what would be result?... don't down play the offense because the amount seems trivial in comparison to the total government budget...I knew a janitor who lost his job for stealing a bit of loose change from the office coffee fund in an organization that has yearly budget of hundreds of millions...

Peter Mackay didn't steal anything. He has the authority to approve all use of DND aircraft.

Just because he approves it doesn't make it right.

Not only that but I wonder about an earlier flight to the same fishing lodge a few years ago as mentioned in this story.

Might be more to this story yet....

Edited by msj

Just because people may not see it as right doesn't mean that he stole it. I don't think he needed to take the flight. I also don't think it was a huge deal (the cover up by the military is a bit more of a deal). He didn't steal anything though, since everything was authorized as it legally needs to be.