Mackay busted in a lie about the helicopter of doom

Mackay is such a dumbass, most everything documented can be found through access to information laws

if you're going to lie make sure you pull a Clement and leave no paper trail

This isn't something that is going to get Mackay fired but it is something that is going to be one of the many lies that will end up costing the cons at the next election

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/e-mails-contradict-mackays-explanation-for-chopper-request/article2257188/

Defence Minister Peter MacKay asked for a helicopter airlift from a Newfoundland fishing vacation in order to catch a plane to Ontario, e-mails show – a request that contradicts his earlier explanation that he’d tasked the chopper to participate in a search-and-rescue demonstration.

Records released by the Department of National Defence show that three days before the controversial 2010 flight, Mr. MacKay’s office requested a helicopter on the grounds he had a last-minute need to “unexpectedly” head to London, Ont.

A chopper wasn’t necessary, military officials noted in one e-mail, estimating that Gander Airport was a two-hour trip by boat and car from the fishing camp.

Edited by olp1fan

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20110922/peter-mackay-newfoundland-chopper-travel-logistics-reaction-110922/

This is from back in October

Military sources say no search-and-rescue demonstration was planned until the very day MacKay's office made the request to pick him up.

DND documents say the total annual cost per flying hour is $32,232 to operate a Cormorant helicopter, and MacKay's flight was about 30 minutes long.

So the military covered it up to protect McKay...

It seems that way, doesn't it. I don't think that he should have. I mean seriously, the initial 'problem' definitely wasn't worth the "guise".

To be honest I would have went "oh, that shouldn't be allowed" and then I would have read something about Tony Clement and became belligerent

He really did not have to lie

The more I read this the more I realize this was an elaborate cover up that consisted of many people

MacKay has to resign now...or Harper has to replace him (aren't they enemies anyway? why does he even have a place in Harper's government..maybe they are black mailing each other)

what is wrong about lying; it is a conservative majority.

whats even more disturbing than the lying is the government defending them like what they did wasn't wrong!

Even Mulrooney was decent enough to sack the corrupted MPs in his government even though he was a crook in the end

Conservatives will lose too many supporters if this continues

will "majority" of canadians be able to remember all these things by the time the next elections roll around or will their attention span and abused housewife syndrome make them vote for the conservatives again?

will "majority" of canadians be able to remember all these things by the time the next elections roll around or will their attention span and abused housewife syndrome make them vote for the conservatives again?

just as harper gained seats by appealing small interest groups the same process will work in reverse...it will be a death from a thousand cuts, each lie, each bit of deceit, every incidence of arrogance will all accumulate to bring him down...once someone is pissed for one reason or another you can't win them back...

Oh god.. 3 more years of lefties reassuring each other that every minor scandal they can conjure up into the next national crisis will be the death knell of the conservatives. I don't know if I can take it.

Can't you guys wait until your parties find leaders before talking about winning the next election? :lol:

Edited by CPCFTW

You need to stop being an apologist for unethical behaviours. This kind of blind partisanship is what destroys democracies. Politics are not about "winning" and cheering for your team. It's about compromise and doing what's best for the country.

Edited by cybercoma

I'm not gonna change my core values because some mp took a joyride in a helicopter. Sorry to dissappoint you guys, you're not gonna get conservative minded people to vote against their values because of a few minor overblown "scandals".

I happen to think the conservatives are the best for this country even with a helicopter joyride, a few phone calls, and a mayor swearing at a dispatch operator.

Edited by CPCFTW

I'm not gonna change my core values because some mp took a joyride in a helicopter. Sorry to dissappoint you guys, you're not gonna get conservative minded people to vote against their values because of a few minor overblown "scandals".

this would be minor if he hadnt concocted a conspiracy .. even the military did their part in covereing his ass

:rolleyes: impressive core values, lying, theft of public funds(fuel), misappropriation of essential search and rescue equipment for personal use...awesome values conservatives have.. Edited by wyly

this would be minor if he hadnt concocted a conspiracy .. even the military did their part in covereing his ass

What are you? 16? You've probably been following politics and the news for less than 3 years, what do you know about what a major scandal is? There's 30 stories a year like this one. You think conservatives just found out there's wastage and corruption in the government?

What are you? 16? You've probably been following politics and the news for less than 3 years, what do you know about what a major scandal is? There's 30 stories a year like this one. You think conservatives just found out there's wastage and corruption in the government?

theres 30 other stories bout a federal defense minister getting the military to lie for him

for a simple misuse of resources?

if hes willing to spin up all kinds of covers for this imagine what hes really capable of

:rolleyes: impressive core values, lying, theft of public funds(fuel), misappropriation of essential search and rescue equipment for personal use...awesome values conservatives have..

:rolleyes: raping children, crusading against unbelievers... awesome values christians have..

:rolleyes: bombing people, burning people alive, kidnapping and beheading people... awesome values muslims have..

Come on, you can do better than that. Wait, who am I kidding.. No you can't.

CPCFTW should MacKay resign or get demoted?

No. I wouldn't mind seeing him fined for the cost of his joyride though.

In fact, fine all public servants whenever they are caught purposely wasting taxpayer money (which is a hell of a lot more than 30 times a year), and then write all Canadians a cheque at the end of the year.

Edited by CPCFTW