Anti-Bully Legislation

Boges

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

facing my bully made me tougher, kids gotta face their fears or theyll never grow up to be who they want

there will always be bullies but its up to you how to handle it

Exactly how I feel, but it is only now years later that I come to understand what this did to me. I thank god for all the bad things thats happened to me, because I survived them and I overcame them, and they made me stronger, so I can endure difficile things. Thank you to my enemies. They gave me the determination to continue, to fight harder when thins gets tough.

But I am an exception because I have the intelligence to understand that =. I see lots of my friends became casualites, they never overcame the fear and the shame of being bullied. Like my one friend, he became a recluse. He never even had a woman. And my other friend, last time I saw him he was huge, like a body builder. He just kept working out and working out, until he's massive with no neck. When I went to have a beer with him I ask him why, and he said because he wanted to kill Danny (the guy who pick on him when we were kids)

facing my bully made me tougher, kids gotta face their fears or theyll never grow up to be who they want

there will always be bullies but its up to you how to handle it

you never faced a real bully, bullies don't pick on kids who are capable of fighting back, they thrive on terror not fighting an equal opponent...my first bully was over 6ft when I was 100lbs 5-3...my second tormentor traveled with two sidekicks that aided in his assaults...the third and last was a 6ft 200lb+ monster and me at 5'6 125...then I grew and the bullying stopped...

But I am an exception because I have the intelligence to understand that =. I see lots of my friends became casualites, they never overcame the fear and the shame of being bullied. Like my one friend, he became a recluse. He never even had a woman. And my other friend, last time I saw him he was huge, like a body builder. He just kept working out and working out, until he's massive with no neck. When I went to have a beer with him I ask him why, and he said because he wanted to kill Danny (the guy who pick on him when we were kids)

:lol: danny! holy crap is that the same danny that made my life hell, that made transfer to another school?...I know where my tormentor lives and works I won't make any effort to deliberately cross paths with danny boy because I'm afraid I'll lose it and kill the b*****d, I've passed him in size, strength, training(kick boxing), experience(bouncer)...even though it was decades ago I still relive those moments of torment like it was yesterday...and no my experience with danny did not make me a better person...

:lol: danny! holy crap is that the same danny that made my life hell, that made transfer to another school?...I know where my tormentor lives and works I won't make any effort to deliberately cross paths with danny boy because I'm afraid I'll lose it and kill the b*****d, I've passed him in size, strength, training(kick boxing), experience(bouncer)...even though it was decades ago I still relive those moments of torment like it was yesterday...and no my experience with danny did not make me a better person...

Wow, that's a strange coincidence! LOL

What about forgive him, ever consider that? Because that is part of putting it behind you. Then you will be more powerful than him, because nothing can touch you. You will know it in your own mind. That is the most important part of it, not revenge. Then you are beyond it.

Wow, that's a strange coincidence! LOL

maybe they want to hit back at the world for being named danny...

What about forgive him, ever consider that? Because that is part of putting it behind you. Then you will be more powerful than him, because nothing can touch you. You will know it in your own mind. That is the most important part of it, not revenge. Then you are beyond it.

forgive?...never...he's probably still a bully at work and with his kids and never paid for the torment and be inflicted on others and there were many....revenge is best served up cold...

forgive?...never...he's probably still a bully at work and with his kids and never paid for the torment and be inflicted on others and there were many....revenge is best served up cold...

Er, sounds like you've got some unresolved issues from your school years.

Personally, I was bullied tons in elementary school. Most of the bullies, I couldn't even remember their names any more. And the few I can, I'm sure have crappy enough lives without any help from me.

As for rules and legislation, you can't legislate people not to be assholes, especially kids. Bullying will always happen. The best schools can do is make sure no physically harmful incidents happen on their premises. And parents need to make sure their kids aren't being made miserable at home, if they are being negatively impacted by social networks or other media.

you never faced a real bully, bullies don't pick on kids who are capable of fighting back, they thrive on terror not fighting an equal opponent...my first bully was over 6ft when I was 100lbs 5-3...my second tormentor traveled with two sidekicks that aided in his assaults...the third and last was a 6ft 200lb+ monster and me at 5'6 125...then I grew and the bullying stopped...

Oh I faced a real bully but Its not my fault you didnt stand up for yourself

no ones gonna hold your hand and make it go away

you either take it or you don't

height, weight is not an issue

kids need to grow a set and not be coddled

That is awful.. if only they realized bullys arent so tough when you fight back

If bully's weren't so tough when you fought back, word about that would have gotten out a long time and ago and we wouldn't have this problem.

I'm curious how you'd fight back if these bullies were constantly posting crude things on your facebook page or trying to post embarrassing Youtube videos of you. Or starting rumours about you and trying to turn your friends against you.

Bullying isn't all about physical violence.

But anyway what if the bully had friends and when you stood up to him he had 5 or 6 people to back him up. You gonna fight them all? Go commando and kick everyone's ass? Or get all your friends together and have a rumble? The irony of the school system is if you were able to do that, you'd be seen as the bad guy by school administration.

Edited by Boges

But anyway what if the bully had friends and when you stood up to him he had 5 or 6 people to back him up. You gonna fight them all? Go commando and kick everyone's ass? Or get all your friends together and have a rumble? The irony of the school system is if you were able to do that, you'd be seen as the bad guy by school administration.

Sometimes you have to be a bad guy, to defeat a bad guy. Finally it comes down to, who is willing to be really bad.

And sometimes you just walk away.

I admit it's never easy, but that is not the point, to be easy.

I think the main problem is those kids who are bullied are afraid to use the system to defend themselves, like police or parents, or school authorities etc. And in the past, the system was not serious enough to give them confidence to ask for protection.

Each person then has to respond by what's inside of them, and not everyone is tough enough to stand up and fight. So the legislation should make it very painful for bullies to continue their bad ways. Still bullies who are real assholes will find secret ways to get back at people. Then the only way is to really kick their asses.

Yes you get friends to help you do that. The only lesson a dumb dog can learn is to be whipped

I think the main problem is those kids who are bullied are afraid to use the system to defend themselves, like police or parents, or school authorities etc. And in the past, the system was not serious enough to give them confidence to ask for protection.

The problem is, the system will NOT defend them! Instead, it will pass more "zero tolerance" rules, sensitivity training and if really pushed, give bullies suspensions that they treat as holidays.

The young mind is too immature to be affected by the "soft" methods of discipline adopted by the "system" these past few decades. It is not capable of properly envisioning future consequences of its actions the same as an adult.

Since the people responsible for the system will never want to admit that their methods have been total failures, they all pretend to be doing something while victims are still being bullied.

Worse yet, today's bullying methods have advanced greatly over that of days of yore. Even if physically the victim has a chance of fighting back, bullies just band together to make that impossible.

What's more, bullies instinctively understand that the system will not seriously punish them so they bully with impunity! Under the new zero tolerance rules, many of us have seen instances where a child was pushed beyond his limits and attempted to fight back, only to have some supervising teacher see the battle and suspend BOTH the bully AND the victim! In effect, the victim becomes a victim twice. He or she also has the lesson reinforced that it is pointless to appeal to the "system" for protection!

Today's situation is both a joke and a travesty. I worry that eventually things will get totally out of hand. If a victim is driven to committing suicide, it is a small step to use some "suicide bomber" tactic to take a few bullies with them!

How bad will things get before we return to methods that WORKED?

I understand you. These new methods are part of the problem.

Please explain in more detail the old methods that worked.

what are these mythical methods from the past that worked?...until there was an actual physical assault that was witnessed by an adult there were never any repercussions for bullying...the only method that worked was for the victim to move to a different school...

B)

height, weight is not an issue

:lol: if mike tyson or even me started bullying you you wouldn't be fighting back you'd be calling the police...for the same reason there are weight classes in wrestling, boxing and martial arts apply in the real world, size matters bullys don't look for a fair fight they pick victims they can dominate...

What about embracing new technology and methods? Notwithstanding the odd drunken hockey riot the knowledge that a camera is recording an event often deters people from committing crime.

If I was kid getting bullied or if as an adult I was being subjected to maltreatment at the hands of a toxic boss or cop I'd wear a miniature camera and microphone that records everything that happens to me.

If more people did this and these digital records became the basis for charges or a defence against an unfounded charge I think we'd see more people including the bullies start to behave themselves.

Edited by eyeball

I'm curious how you'd fight back if these bullies were constantly posting crude things on your facebook page or trying to post embarrassing Youtube videos of you. Or starting rumours about you and trying to turn your friends against you.

Bullying isn't all about physical violence.

if they are posting crude things on your fb then make your FB private and

block them

you cant do anything about people talking about you

thats what humans do... talk shit on each other

as for physical violence if you dont stand up for yourself you become someones biatch

like in prison... life is the same way

there could be 5 big guys beating on me but the whole point of being a bully

is to feel intimidating

show em youre not intimidated and he'll likely go find another person

verification you don't understand bullying...

i understand bullies and i also understand weak kids

they go together like peanut butter and jelly . how you may ask?

bullies act tough while weak kids do not therefore bully gets a power trip until

weak kid grows a set and sticks up for theirself.. running away.. avoiding, ignoring only works for so long

you are still bitter

B):lol: if mike tyson or even me started bullying you you wouldn't be fighting back you'd be calling the police...for the same reason there are weight classes in wrestling, boxing and martial arts apply in the real world, size matters bullys don't look for a fair fight they pick victims they can dominate...

now you wanna bully me? you sure didnt learn from your past experiences did you

you dont even know my height and weight

Edited by olp1fan