Keystone XL Delayed

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-10/transcanada-s-keystone-pipeline-is-delayed-by-u-s-to-study-alternatives.html

It's like the Obama Administration doesn't even care about jobs. Oh well, lets hope that Romney does.

we're not waiting for 18 months while the US sorts itself out

who's to say what Romney would have done in Obamas shoes

So it's jobs in America that you're concerned about - and not the Transcanada Keystone Xl Pipeline?

Why is the US all of a sudden concerned about their environment

A lot of things that are made are made using oil

I know its a bad habit but we need oil to survive in this world

You just lost an amazing opportunity

Have fun with the Saudis

btw does anyone even live in the central plain states? hardly

Edited by olp1fan

A little from column a and a little from column b.

Its in our benefit that you guys get as much jobs as possible so you use more of our oil.

What about jobs for our guy's? Texas should be in the business of shipping refinery equipment to Alberta.

Shipping finished product instead of raw materials would also have less impact on everyone's environment.

So it's jobs in America that you're concerned about - and not the Transcanada Keystone Xl Pipeline?

Doesn't matter to us, AW! Either America buys our oil or China will!

Meanwhile, surely you will grant that every Republican next election will throw it in the Democrats face that they turned down all those jobs with the pipeline! I'll wager there will be more than a few American voters that will care about jobs more than a possible oil spill.

Meanwhile, America shows no sign of cutting back on its oil consumption. That means that if the pipeline for Canadian oil is turned down that pretty well sews things up for the Arabs. Maybe if we put our women in bags, killed a few gays and started using stoning as a court sentence you'd like us more! 'Cuz like it or not, AW, those are America's only other choices.

If we do wind up selling the oil to China, odds are that if America changes its mind it will be too late. China likes to lock things up with long term contracts.

I just don't understand why you folks love those Saudis so!

Guest American Woman

Doesn't matter to us, AW! Either America buys our oil or China will!

Smallc must care - he started the thread.

Meanwhile, surely you will grant that every Republican next election will throw it in the Democrats face that they turned down all those jobs with the pipeline! I'll wager there will be more than a few American voters that will care about jobs more than a possible oil spill.

Sure there will be, just as there are more than a few American voters who care more about the environment.

Meanwhile, America shows no sign of cutting back on its oil consumption. That means that if the pipeline for Canadian oil is turned down that pretty well sews things up for the Arabs. Maybe if we put our women in bags, killed a few gays and started using stoning as a court sentence you'd like us more! 'Cuz like it or not, AW, those are America's only other choices.

Who said anything about not liking you? It's not about who we "like" more - it's about looking at the environment along with what's ultimately best for us. Agree or disagree with the outcome, that's what it's about.

If we do wind up selling the oil to China, odds are that if America changes its mind it will be too late. China likes to lock things up with long term contracts.

So Canada will base it's actions on what China "likes?" I highly doubt it.

I just don't understand why you folks love those Saudis so!

It's not about love for them - it's about what's best for us when it comes to things like purchasing oil. Same as it is with Canada - you do what's best for you. But then, I'm sure you already knew that.

Yes you do....sweet crude....which ain't what Canada has.

This is a chance to put up or shut up....show those damn 'merkins what for and send all the tarsands oil to China! ;)

I wonder what the front runners in the GOP race will say about this. I remember some pundits on CNN having a tizzy about the proposed pipeline to the west coast. I look at it as a nice wedge issue the GOP can use on the dems.

One thing I do know for sure, uncle Kevin will be epic on the exchange tonight!

Guest American Woman

And so in the meantime, 140,000 more Americans can do without jobs. That's fine with you though, I suppose.

Do you think those 140,000 Americans are more important than the 1,000,000+ people, also Americans, who live in Nebraska? Many of them, including the Governor, are concerned, as I said, that the Pipeline would pass over Ogallala aquifer, which supplies about 80 percent of Nebraska's water for drinking and irrigation.

But of course your concern is for the 140,000 Americans without jobs, eh?

<_<

Yeah, right.

Edited by American Woman

Do you think those 140,000 Americans are more important than the 1,000,000+ people, also Americans, who live in Nebraska? Many of them, including the Governor, are concerned, as I said, that the Pipeline would pass over Ogallala aquifer, which supplies about 80 percent of Nebraska's water for drinking and irrigation.

But of course your concern is for the 140,000 Americans without jobs, eh?

<_<

Yeah, right.

Do you think those 1 million people will have importance over the Americans invested in transcanada, or the millions who will pay the price for potentially higher oil revenues. But nonetheless I am not too concerned. We went with through this thing with r-calf in 03 and the meat packing industry told them to pound sand. Never count out big money. I give those granola munchers a year maybe two if Obama wins.

Guest American Woman

Do you think those 1 million people will have importance over the Americans invested in transcanada, or the millions who will pay the price for potentially higher oil revenues.

It's their state, so yes - they have importance as to what transpires in their state. The Nebraska Legislature most definitely will play an important role regarding the outcome of the Keystone XL Pipeline.

It's their state, so yes - they have importance as to what transpires in their state. The Nebraska Legislature most definitely will play an important role regarding the outcome of the Keystone XL Pipeline.

That's what USA cattle producers thought until cargill and Tyson foods packing plants were empty. Then there is this election coming up...