CFL season wraps up

I'm surprised the Hams would sink so low as to cheat and make a play for the Bomber playbook, but I guess with Glenn as their quarterback, they need all the help they can get.

I figure since the Bombers are well aware of their shenanigans, it won't work out to their benefit at all.

Go Bombers! On to the Grey Cup!

I'm surprised the Hams would sink so low as to cheat and make a play for the Bomber playbook, but I guess with Glenn as their quarterback, they need all the help they can get.

I figure since the Bombers are well aware of their shenanigans, it won't work out to their benefit at all.

Go Bombers! On to the Grey Cup!

It sure didn't help them today, wpg put on a defense clinic.

It's great that you picked them,Guyser the Swiss....

The question is ,"Did you win any money on that little prediction?".

Ya know money would have been great, however I am left with....er...was left with....the gloating of proving some friends wrong.

It all ended ysterday....so yeah, money would have been better !

It will certainly be a great game. The Grey Cup is such a great iconic Canadian sporting event.... rarely, if ever, dissapoints!! I'm still hoping to make it there for the game...

The new BC PLace certainly looks better than the old concrete and fluffy domed stadium. Much more modern. Great place to take in the event!

I was right :)

I am from Winnipeg so I will be rooting for the Bombers but I think the Lions got this. Then again we beat the lions a few times this season...it should be a good game.

Should be interesting. BC's last loss to Winnipeg was the last of their 0 and 5 string, right before they went 10 and 1 for the rest of the season. Different team. I've always liked Pierce, it was just too bad he couldn't stay healthy in BC. On the other hand, if he had, we probably wouldn't have Lulay now.

Well, at least the Ti-Cats did better this season than they have in a long time!

Maybe things are starting to turn around... ;)

ya, I'll give them the point, usually they are between 0-3 wins and 15-18 losses.

I was glad Toronto didn't make the playoffs, they looked pretty good at the end of the season, I definitely didn't want them to play the bombers because I think they may of lost to them.

Edited by maple_leafs182

Eh, you almost called it. But I think had Willis held on to that ball for a pick, the game would have changed.

Good to see BC win at home though. Good crowd for that!

I thought I was going to get it right on the money!!!

The reason I thought the score might end up that way was because I knew The Bummer offence was'nt a very high powered one.Their running game has been weak all year and if I were a DC with very good atheletes in a secondary (like BC has),I would'nt be very afraid of them.That left a BC team that has been rolling since the end of August on Winnipeg's D,which is good (particularily the Secondary),but I did'nt think it could hold up over four quarters.

I was right because,once Travis Lulay settled down,the superior rceiving corps. of The Lions took over...

By the way,That play that Willis should have made is all on Lulay.He CANNOT throw that pass if he sees a white shirt in the area and he almost made a classic error there,especially in that area of the field!.I have an idea that it came in from Chapdelaine and was'nt called in the huddle.Either way,it ended up as an incompletion and not an interception.

Great win for the Lions,who have been the class of the league for the entire 2nd half of the season.Great to see Wally Buono tie some great names in coaching history with that win...

The reason I thought the score might end up that way was because I knew The Bummer offence was'nt a very high powered one.Their running game has been weak all year and if I were a DC with very good atheletes in a secondary (like BC has),I would'nt be very afraid of them.That left a BC team that has been rolling since the end of August on Winnipeg's D,which is good (particularily the Secondary),but I did'nt think it could hold up over four quarters.

I really don't get the lack of attempts at running, especially with Garrett reeling off an average of 6 yards per carry during the season. He wasn't even allowed to touch the ball much. 8 carries? I think the Bombers decided right from the get-go that their O line didn't have the chops for any sort of ground game. But still, for Pierce to have 37 passing attempts, some sort of protection was there. I figured they would run in the second half and nope!

I really don't get the lack of attempts at running, especially with Garrett reeling off an average of 6 yards per carry during the season. He wasn't even allowed to touch the ball much. 8 carries? I think the Bombers decided right from the get-go that their O line didn't have the chops for any sort of ground game. But still, for Pierce to have 37 passing attempts, some sort of protection was there. I figured they would run in the second half and nope!

The problem with that theory is that while everyone was talking about the Bummer D,they forgot that alot of BC's 2nd half success is based on the play of their D.The D-Line and Linebacking corps. for the Lions was as good as anything Winnipeg has faced.They seem to play a 4-3 with active LB's playing gap cancellation and they seal the ends very well.That's not good news for any running back.

As for Garrett,he did'nt start until late September/early October (Ried got hurt and he started a game against Montreal,if I recall?And I question the opposition he faced that might have pumped up his average.If you look at the points for/points against for Winnipeg this year,their offence is'nt that impressive...They simply don't allow many teams to score on them.They DO have a very good secondary.I would say that the trio of Alex Suber/Jonathan Heffney/Jevon Johnson are probably the best in the league...But if you nullify Odel Willis and keep Doug Brown under control,the best secondary in the world can only hold coverage for so long.And it's not like BC has chopped liver at receiver..

The problem with that theory is that while everyone was talking about the Bummer D,they forgot that alot of BC's 2nd half success is based on the play of their D.The D-Line and Linebacking corps. for the Lions was as good as anything Winnipeg has faced.They seem to play a 4-3 with active LB's playing gap cancellation and they seal the ends very well.That's not good news for any running back.

As for Garrett,he did'nt start until late September/early October (Ried got hurt and he started a game against Montreal,if I recall?And I question the opposition he faced that might have pumped up his average.If you look at the points for/points against for Winnipeg this year,their offence is'nt that impressive...They simply don't allow many teams to score on them.They DO have a very good secondary.I would say that the trio of Alex Suber/Jonathan Heffney/Jevon Johnson are probably the best in the league...But if you nullify Odel Willis and keep Doug Brown under control,the best secondary in the world can only hold coverage for so long.And it's not like BC has chopped liver at receiver..

But still, if you don't run or even attempt to establish a run (BC didn't either) every two and out is going to be second guessed. I am old school I suppose. Jim Germany, where art thou?

• 2 weeks later...