Justice!...in collectible coin form

Saw this commercial on TV last night.

I find it both pathetic and hilarious. Like watching the de-evolution of the human race. Love the patriotic music on the Seal Team side of the coin, then on the fast switch to sad music on the 9/11 coin side :lol:

I can spot about 20 things wrong with this commercial, how many can you?

It isn't the American Mint putting it out... just some company called the Historic Coin Mint.

Crass profiteering from a tragic event is disgusting. Wonder what the White House thinks of using Obama to sell this shit.

Is it legal tender in Somoa or something? :blink:

It isn't the American Mint putting it out... just some company called the Historic Coin Mint.

Well, at least somebody is smart enough to figure it out.

Crass profiteering from a tragic event is disgusting. Wonder what the White House thinks of using Obama to sell this shit.

Perfectly legal as he is a public figure and commemorative coins are quite common.

Is it legal tender in Somoa or something? :blink:

No, and Canadian coins aren't either. On Saturday I got the usual handful of Canadian coins spit back by the counting machine. We just throw them away in the trash.

Well, at least somebody is smart enough to figure it out.

Most people are.... except for some of the people that buy this crap.

Perfectly legal as he is a public figure and commemorative coins are quite common.

I don't recall asking if it was legal. Obviously it is legal. It's crass and disgusting. Sort of like serial killers profiting from their crimes.... or is there a law against such behaviour?

No, and Canadian coins aren't either. On Saturday I got the usual handful of Canadian coins spit back by the counting machine. We just throw them away in the trash.

Your strange attempts at bashing Canada are getting stranger by the post. Throw away money? LOL OK then.... :lol:

Most people are.... except for some of the people that buy this crap.

They are free to buy all kinds of crap. I'm sure you have your own preferences.

I don't recall asking if it was legal. Obviously it is legal. It's crass and disgusting. Sort of like serial killers profiting from their crimes.... or is there a law against such behaviour?

Nonsense...Osama won't make a Canadian dime (pun intended). We've had WTC coins as well...very popular. Hell, the US Mint actually issued a series of state and territory quarters....collectors love them!

Your strange attempts at bashing Canada are getting stranger by the post. Throw away money? LOL OK then.... :lol:

It was the least I could do to defend your afront to the honor Of American Somoa. What was I suppose to with Canadian coins...drive to Winnipeg to buy some Timmy's?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Nonsense...Osama won't make a Canadian dime (pun intended). We've had WTC coins as well...very popular. Hell, the US Mint actually issued a series of state and territory quarters....collectors love them!

Shoot, you just reminded me. Gotta get the cuz down in Florida to dig in that deep pocket full of quarters of his and send me this years crop.

Guest American Woman

Reminds me of the Osama bin Laden lighter with a plane crashing into the WTC when lighting up. That was real classy.

As has already been pointed out, there's a lot of stuff for sale out there; one person's collectible is another person's junk is another person's "de-evolution of the human race" - if one is inclined to take it that seriously.

...As has already been pointed out, there's a lot of stuff for sale out there; one person's collectible is another person's junk is another person's "de-evolution of the human race" - if one is inclined to take it that seriously.

For sure...everything from cheesy Elvis plates to fake Lady Di cocktail rings. I guess that's why it is called "commemorative". I might get a commemorative Michael Jackson glove!

As has already been pointed out, there's a lot of stuff for sale out there; one person's collectible is another person's junk is another person's "de-evolution of the human race" - if one is inclined to take it that seriously.

Keep anything long enough and its value rises.

I have no idea why 'Black velvet' paintings are now de rigeur....but there ya go!

Guest American Woman

....um....June 2009 is how long ago? Officially changed back in August of 2009.

Ummmmm. That would be 2 years and 5 months ago. <_<

I assumed the separate company status as of September 2006 meant it was no longer part of Wendy's. Fact is, I thought I was buying a Canadian product whenever I bought my Timbits. :P Oh well - in looking into it more, a lot of "Canadian" companies are foreign owned. Such is life, eh?

---------------------

But Gosthacked needn't worry - his credibility with me isn't based on Tim Horton's..............