Walking Dead or Boardwalk Empires

Boges

Harrow isn't an ally of Nucky. That scene was just to establish that Harrow had no resentment to Nucky for killing his buddy Jimmy. The reason he killed Manny, was that he killed Jimmy's wife who was very kind to him.

I think Harrow will end up helping Nucky inadvertently. He believes Tommy is in a bad spot living at that house and that Gillian is a wicked person that needs to be stopped. He also knows that the Brothel is now guarded by armed men for whatever reason. A sniper like him could easily take down a Gyp's hired goons.

I'm not sure if he even knows the relevance of Gyp. He's been spending this time courting Julia and chilling at the Legion Hall.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the criminal world has it's own new service I'm sure harrow knows exactly what's going on he just had a new job and the nucky/gyp war wasn't his business, now it is since gyp's goons had him leave...I agree he wants the boy out but he's very patient and calculating he's not going to walk in that ho house thinking he can pull out the boy without getting both of them killed...join nucky take out gyp and he can walk into the house and take the kid without a fight...

we'll see who is right maybe at next weeks mid season final...I'll bet ya a virtual 6-pack...

Next week is the season's finale of BE. It's the mid-season finale of Walking Dead, until February.

The reason I started this thread is that they are both on at the same time during the fall. I'll pick Walking Dead over BE any day. I watch it the next day usually.

Both episodes should be excellent. But I'm looking forward to Walking Dead more. The entire season has focused on two separate worlds and this Sunday they'll finally meet.

The Governor vs Rick element is actually far more interesting than it was in the comic.

I wasn't too interested in the governor side of the story, but I have changed my mind. I don't think I have been this anxious to see an episode as much as I am right now.

The small group of elite killers vs. a bigger less capable group. It will be interesting to see how Andrea reacts next week. I think Merle is going to rejoin the group.

Glenn is officially my favorite character..

Edited by DFCaper

ok I'll have to think about it for awhile, here's my list of contenders...maggie for what he did to glenn, glenn obviously (maybe too obvious), the guv, samauri lady, darryl...or maybe a horde of walkers...

when I pick the winner you can pay my six-pack me in pilsner, heineken or coronacool.png

I'm going with harrow to kill gyp in BE, i don't think the van alden character has developed enough to do it...

I see Nucky killing Gyp. I didn't even see Van Alden as part of Capone's group. Though having him be forced to come back to Atlantic City like that would be very interesting. Sounds like more of a Season 4 plotline.

nucky seems too cliche, two heroes in the confusion of battle inevitably seem to always find each other to fight to the death ...seen that a thousand times before in war epics and westerns, I find HBO isn't that predictable...it'll be a main character for sure but which one...nucky's brother is a possibility... but I'll stick with harrow, the baddest cold blooded killer with a heart killing his antithesis...

I still think Merle isn't long for this world. He doesn't fit in either camp. No way Rick or the rest of the crew (Glen especially) trusts Merle.

They would have shown the them get summarily executed if that was the Gov's plan. I think he'll probably let them go to infiltrate the group somehow.

Tyrese is a popular comic book character. Very racist that they killed Oscar after they introduced another black guy into the fold.

BTW didn't watch BE last night. Will try to watch tonight though.

Edited by Boges

the sneek peek of the next episode showed tear gas or smoke at merle's and darryls execution, then in another clip a very pissed Glenn screaming "why did you bring HIM back here" so it appears they went back and rescued both darryl and merle...

ya I noticed that about oscar...they kill one big black guy replace him with oscar only to kill him and replace him with yet another...

first hint of sexual tension revealed, i wondered how long that take, seemed unreasonable calm considering the shortage of females...

In the comic there was a sexual predator as part of the prison survivors who does some bad stuff. I can see this version of Axle doing something like that. He was hitting on a 17-year-old. That being said she was hitting on a 12-year-old.

Interesting how an older man hitting on an underage girl is creepy but when an older girl hits on Carl, he's the man!

With what Merle did to Glenn and Michone I can't see him integrate into the group. But how can you separate Darryl from the same group. These types of conflicts make the show so excellent.

Edited by Boges

I was thinking the same thing about predators, in the wing in which axle oscar were kept all the prisoners appeared to have been executed , was this a segregation wing for sexual predators and when the prison system broke down they were eliminated by the guards?...I expected that rick would at some time go to the prison office and look up the offenses their new members were locked up for...

Interesting how an older man hitting on an underage girl is creepy but when an older girl hits on Carl, he's the man!
yup, I ask my daughters about this when they label older men as "creepers" unless they're rich, movie stars, rock stars or athletes then they suddenly become cool and desirable...

agree merle has got to die but when, there's no doubt he adds a lot of tension to the situation...

Having one of his own guys do in Gyp was rather anti-climactic. That's the same dude who's cousin got shoveled in the head by Gyp so that's sort of poetic.

It's too bad Gillian didn't die. I suppose now that Tommy is somewhere else the thread with his conflict with Harrow will continue. Seeing him go Commando was pretty awesome though.

I wish they wouldn't show Margaret on the show anymore. Anytime I see her I feel like fast forwarding. She's more annoying than Lori was.

This was the best season of the show so far.

gyp's death was a 50/50 prediction for us...Harrow almost got him (my call) and reduced him to nothing power wise and Nucky (your call) ordered someone to execute him....

is Gillian still alive? do we know that for sure? she intended to kill gyp with an OD which he gave to her...

margaret story line is boring and pointless I either go to the kitchen to get something to eat or I fast forward through it

harrow is the terminator, a killing machine, my favourite character so far, van alden may change that in the future...

is Gillian still alive? do we know that for sure? she intended to kill gyp with an OD which he gave to her...

Nucky and Eli went to the Artimis Club after Harrow went Commando. They found her in a stupour acting like a little girl telling Nucky she was a bad girl.

The reason Nucky knows Gillian, is that he basically gave her to the Commodore when she was 13. That's why Jimmy was only a little younger than her.

I have no clue what's going to become of her, but she's not dead.

Speaking of annoying: Andrea.

Maybe it's just me, but I keep actively hoping she'll get killed, preferably by having her face eaten by a zombie walker.

Andrea is a lot stronger character in the comics. Hopefully seeing Darryl will make her realize the Guv is the bad guy. The writers are making her one of these chicks that like the bad guy Shane and now Guv. Anyone catch the Shane cameo while Rick and crew were trying to escape?

Edited by Boges