Omar Khadr is coming back to Canada.

Bob

Real funny you mention that.

If its WWII you are refering to because Hitler recruited youth to fight towards the end.

After the war were those youth imprisoned for years waiting trail?

WWWTT

Some of them were shot and rightfully killed...

And Mr. Kadr was involved and captured DURING a war...

Edited by Jack Weber

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask the question again

WWWTT

No they were'nt...Some were definately blacklisted from any political involvment...

The fact of the matter is that we are still involved in Afghanistan while Mr. Kadr is still incarcerated.

My Dad's cousin was in a NAZI POW camp until the war ended...

No they were'nt...Some were definately blacklisted from any political involvment...

The fact of the matter is that we are still involved in Afghanistan while Mr. Kadr is still incarcerated.

Really?!?!

Thats news to me!

I was not aware Canada had declared war against Afganistan?

Did Afganistan declare war against Canada?

And if so when will this war end?

Do we still have troops there fighting too?Officially?

WWWTT

Really?!?!

Thats news to me!

Did Afganistan declare war against Canada?

WWWTT

I don't know when it will end...

Frankly,I'm not a fan of this particular mission because of the historical aspect of anyone fighting in Afghanistan...

Unfortunately we are there and the wonderful Al Qaeda family known as The Kadr's were also there fighting for the other side...

I have no sympathy for him or his family...

I don't know when it will end...

Frankly,I'm not a fan of this particular mission because of the historical aspect of anyone fighting in Afghanistan...

Unfortunately we are there and the wonderful Al Qaeda family known as The Kadr's were also there fighting for the other side...

I have no sympathy for him or his family...

In other words "Stay thirsty my friends,stay thirsty"

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

And yet they retained their citizenship. It's mind boggling, really. It's also the main reason I don't think our countries should have an open border* Imagine the likes of them being able to trot on over to the U.S. ...............

*I know it works both ways - Canada wouldn't want people crossing over with our guns.....

Some went on to be Popes...

Yes they did...Good catch!

I've been told by some of my more devout Catholic friends that this was in the past and he was forced into it as a child...

I've met three former Hitler Youth member sin my time.When pressed,they were all exactly as one would expect them to be...

Canada was in Afghanistan as a partner in a NATO led mission. And no, NATO did not declare war on Afghanistan.

Since war was never declared, establishing an end date to a non-existent war does not enter into the picture.

And even where Canada declared war against another country, such as against Germany in 1939, did Canada set an end date to the war? No.

No.

And yet they retained their citizenship. It's mind boggling, really. It's also the main reason I don't think our countries should have an open border* Imagine the likes of them being able to trot on over to the U.S. ...............

*I know it works both ways - Canada wouldn't want people crossing over with our guns.....

Good idea--- the US would arrest them all & this time they would all rot (a short trip for all of them) in an American jail FOREVER. They'd charge them with 5 or 6 crimes each &, unlike the stupid "concurrent" sentences given in Canada, serve the sentences consecutively,

You will NEVER see a Khadr voluntarily going to the States but I do hope the US justice dept is successful in having their way with extraditing one member of that bunch.

This guy was 15 yrs old when this happened!

And was fighting an invading army.Did he did this in Toronto or Wisconsin?

He was not a citizen of Afghanistan, and the army he was fighting was made up of Afghanis. So in point of fact he was a member of a violent foreign terrorist group which was fighting a native revolution which was aided by the Americans.

And the fact he was 15 when he was indoctrinated as an Islamist is beside the point. Do we forgive a child rapist because his actions are the results of him being abused when he was a child? Khadr is what he is, an Islamist who is violently opposed to everything we stand for.

1-we attacked them

2-he never attacked us, is it his fault canada got involved in a war it shouldn't have(my opinion)...

3-a 15 yr old hasn't much choice in a situation like that...it's not like he had any free will...

Khadr was a volunteer member of a violent terrorist organization which was responsible for the World Trade Center attack, which was an attack on civilization, and in which a number of Canadians died. For that, Khadr and all members and supporters of Al Quaeda deserve a very quick death.

Exactly wyly, even if he did throw a grenade. I doubt that he did because the video footage shows he was lying under a pile of rubble, and was badly injured when they found him. I still don't understand how its murder if you fight back and kill a soldier after they were blowing up the house you're in. It is war after all. Not that I don't feel sympathy for the families who lose their loved ones.

And, like, just because you return fire on police when they're trying to gun you down after you shoot up a bank and try to get off with your loot, that's not a crime or anything. You're just defending yourself! It's not like I don't feel sorry for the cops who die, but hey, it's sure not murder, right?!

I'll ask the question again

WWWTT

When was the last time we fought a war against an organization as opposed to a country? He is a soldier in an organization, Al Quaeda, which has never surrendered. Therefore, if you people who want him declared a prisoner of war had your way he'd stay in prison forever, or until Al Quaeda officially surrenders.

What the Americans did was declared war on terrorism, which could take them to ANY country they chose to occupy. Any war in the Middle-East is more about the oil or the control over the region, than helping people. Khadr has/will do his time in jail and after his time is up then he has a chance to start his life, just like anyone else. The US Johnny Walker is doing his time also and when he gets out he can start his life over.

This is the typical treason of the Canadian left - where Omar Khadr is now the moral equivalent of the Canadian soldier.

Is who is or is not considered a soldier governed by morals? Also, why do people seem to think the labels "terrorist" and "soldier" are mutually exclusive? Members of the IRA were considered soldiers, yet the IRA was most definitely a terrorist organisation.

Is who is or is not considered a soldier governed by morals? Also, why do people seem to think the labels "terrorist" and "soldier" are mutually exclusive? Members of the IRA were considered soldiers, yet the IRA was most definitely a terrorist organisation.

and the Nazi's of WW2 labeled the resistance forces of occupied europe terrorists but to us they're hero's fighting against huge odds...the US soldiers under command of Willian Calley were absolutely "terrorists" but they wore a uniform so their crimes came with a get out of jail free card...soldier/terrorist/freedom fighter, they're all the same to me, it all depends on your POV and which side you take a stand...