.Hudak's not here!

Boy oh boy - Timmy Hudak might just be some sort of chronic doper. He kind of reminds me of a colonel who will sit on his front pouch with a shot gun across his lap and a big tall glass of whiskey on ice in his hand. He sits with that two yard stare..with an old Doors key board riff playing over and over in his hazed out head. Timmy should have lied or at least said - I tried the stuff and I don't approve of it and left it there. This blurping blunder probably cost him the campaign - unless we find out the McGinty likes to snort coke on occassion. For a law and order sort of guy he sure likes to preach "do as I say and not as I do"..

This is becoming so hopeless - I wonder if the conservatives can quickly dump him and insert someone who does not believe that being high is being normal.

What a trap question.

Who cares!?

If this hurts him with the far right of the party I'll be PO'd.

It does not appear that Hudak has matured much - in all probablity he still drinks some beer with the boys and tops it off with a few tokes. Frankly I don't want anyone running the province who is not spiritually evolved. Those who treat pot as an important substance in their lives are those that have not reach a natural spiritual high and are spiritually dependant on an artifical way of getting there.

IF Hudak is a user of pot - or a chronic drunk - or strung out on pharma product - He should step down and get out of the way now - we need a strong and healthy leader - not some stoned chump. It is disheartening that we have Ford heading the city state - and Mcginty at the provincal realm - and stupid Hudak entering the fray - going on about "grow ops" rejestry - about turning poor people who are in jail into slaves...it's a real mess - such shallow men who dream of power - this is distressing.

You can not be a law and order candidate when you admit to breaking the law yourself. He should have never answered the question regarding dope - but what do you expect - he will try anything to appear as ONE of the people ...worst part is his get the bad guys apporach to political popularity - anyone taking this path is in their core also a bad guy...to bad...the conservatives can not find a man of intelligence and honour.

At this point, I wouldn't trust any politician who hasn't smoked weed at some point. Take Harper; think that nerd has ever gone near the stuff (assuming he was even invited to those kinds of parties)?

It's a non-issue that should not detract from the fact that Hudak is completely clueless.

At this point, I wouldn't trust any politician who hasn't smoked weed at some point. Take Harper; think that nerd has ever gone near the stuff (assuming he was even invited to those kinds of parties)?

It's a non-issue that should not detract from the fact that Hudak is completely clueless.

Not quite. He knows wines pretty good. :P

Harper probably put on the Beatles "A day in the life" - and got high - Just don't make a habit of it. Same as Hudak - I don't care if he smoked pot - just don't make decisions while you are frinking high is all I ask.

Yeah I can understand your concern especially since he is likely going to turn Queens Park into a grow-op.

Then again, having him make key decisions while smoking pot might be better than some politicians making decisions like they were smoking crack. :D

Edited by Shwa

What a trap question.

Who cares!?

If this hurts him with the far right of the party I'll be PO'd.

It seems that conservatives don't like to get involoved in politics - and are always using a surrogate...You would think they would get a guy or woman more able than Hudak? The reason they don't put some one more capable in front is because all the capable people like privacy a bit to much...eventually you have to put one of the big dogs in the public eye - and no big dog wants the job.

Yeah I can understand your concern especially since he is likely going to turn Queens Park into a grow-op.

Then again, having him make key decisions while smoking pot might be better than some politicians making decisions like they were smoking crack. :D

Grow op? Okay - if that's what you want at the Park. B)

It seems that conservatives don't like to get involoved in politics - and are always using a surrogate...You would think they would get a guy or woman more able than Hudak? The reason they don't put some one more capable in front is because all the capable people like privacy a bit to much...eventually you have to put one of the big dogs in the public eye - and no big dog wants the job.

Remember Trump? Couldn't take the heat! Never occurred to him that he'd have to kowtow to voters to get elected. Couidn't believe that ordinary people would tell him what to do.

Truth is the corporate autocrats that support conservative political parties could not survive democratic politics for a second. They tell people what to do. They do NOT tolerate 'inferior beings' telling them anything.

Only those conservatives who can't make it rich in business go into politics, and become the puppets of the corporacrats who bought them. They are also seen as inferior beings and they lick the boots of the bosses.

Imo B)

Remember Trump? Couldn't take the heat! Never occurred to him that he'd have to kowtow to voters to get elected. Couidn't believe that ordinary people would tell him what to do.

Truth is the corporate autocrats that support conservative political parties could not survive democratic politics for a second. They tell people what to do. They do NOT tolerate 'inferior beings' telling them anything.

Only those conservatives who can't make it rich in business go into politics, and become the puppets of the corporacrats who bought them. They are also seen as inferior beings and they lick the boots of the bosses.

Imo B)

You look like you know what you are talking about - as mentioned in the past a long time ago I knew some of these corprate autocrats...and have had the odd converstion with one. He would ask - what do you think of Al Gore...and I would give an opinon - he would ask - what do you think of Tony Clement - and I would give an estimation of the man from a laymans point of view - Autocrats might think they are the superiour human being but they are out of touch - and really not that brilliant - highly trained though - tough in a Darwinian sense - and usually the most powerful are like 73 year old spoiled brats that have never heard the word NO.

What I did sense from this type of person was a cold confidence..that they could ruin a life indirectly and no one would ever know where the harm originated from - they take glee in having influence and clout - and most of the glee comes from maintaining total invisablity...But are they smart? YES in the sense that they understand that money controls the food supply - the shelter and the degree of freedom...Seeing they move billions about - money is not their main motivator...but they know it is ours - and they play that human weakness to the hilt.

As for Trump - he is small time and much like Conrad Black who liked being in the public eye - the real big dogs lay low. After all of these years of not knowing the big dogs...and then for a small period reconnecting for a couple of years - YEARS later...I learned that there was a great obsenity in the fact that a big dog would take the time to bark in my direction as I barked back reports..These types have said - "Corporations do not want the exceptional or the brilliant - they only want the mediocre and controlable"

- There biggest threat is that a truely intelligent person have a bit of money and the real freedom that comes from it in a materialistic consumptive society..Again the biggest obsenity was this as he was in my mind showing off to his secretary "Respect - you showed disrespect - are you gainfully employed?" -

in other words are you feeding my system or not? It was a great ironic obsentity - that a man on welfare was being asked his opion on matters that were beyone the autocrats scope..........................................................myself with 20 bucks to my name - and him - just closing a deal worth 4 billion....looking back that was obscene. In the fact that these people want to know what you know but are not willing to cough up a red cent for the helpful information - THEY expect to profit with out investing at all...they want it all for nothing.

So - if I in my youth am convicted of possession of a roach...I have a crimminal record...and can not run for public office...YET if you admit to partaking of the weed but are NOT arrested you CAN run for public office? Looks like the old legalist autocratic saying "There are only the convicted and those yet to be convicted" rings true....so when do we bust Hudak for possession?

Most people do not like McGinty. Most people do not like Hudak. The majority really do not care for either of these people. So where is the choice? Seems there is no real democratic choice to be found. Hudak so far has nothing of real substance in his proposals other than stupid stuff like "make prisoners work" - "register buildings used as grow-ops" - what else has he suggested? Everything Hudak says that he will do will have no effect on the lives of voters what so ever! Everything McGinty says we have all heard before, so no one is listening.

Why is it that neither of these people who want to lead Ontario have any good ideas on how to sustain and improve the province?

So far the tiring and hyperactive McGinty just wants to hold on to power for powers sake. Hudak has nothing to offer untll he is instucted on what to do AFTER he is elected - it would be nice if Hudaks handlers would come clean and state their intentions - I am getting very sick of listening to Hudak pander...and McGinty squrim.

• 5 weeks later...

We have a former PM that takes money in brown envelopes - Chicks in parliment that hang out with bikers - and now we have a stoner who wants to run Ontario...

who's the stoner?

hudak admitted he tried pot in college, he came out with it before the left wing got a hold of it and made a huge deal about something that happened many years ago. grow up.

So - if I in my youth am convicted of possession of a roach...I have a crimminal record...and can not run for public office...YET if you admit to partaking of the weed but are NOT arrested you CAN run for public office? Looks like the old legalist autocratic saying "There are only the convicted and those yet to be convicted" rings true....so when do we bust Hudak for possession?

From what I understand of the law these crimes you talked about can be deleted from files after so many years. And as your're not running for anything what's your worry?

From what I read today if that is the case of what you speak about, there won't be anyone running for anything as there is more than ever people doing drugs.

It does not appear that Hudak has matured much - in all probablity he still drinks some beer with the boys and tops it off with a few tokes. Frankly I don't want anyone running the province who is not spiritually evolved. Those who treat pot as an important substance in their lives are those that have not reach a natural spiritual high and are spiritually dependant on an artifical way of getting there.

IF Hudak is a user of pot - or a chronic drunk - or strung out on pharma product - He should step down and get out of the way now - we need a strong and healthy leader - not some stoned chump. It is disheartening that we have Ford heading the city state - and Mcginty at the provincal realm - and stupid Hudak entering the fray - going on about "grow ops" rejestry - about turning poor people who are in jail into slaves...it's a real mess - such shallow men who dream of power - this is distressing.

You can not be a law and order candidate when you admit to breaking the law yourself. He should have never answered the question regarding dope - but what do you expect - he will try anything to appear as ONE of the people ...worst part is his get the bad guys apporach to political popularity - anyone taking this path is in their core also a bad guy...to bad...the conservatives can not find a man of intelligence and honour.

why do left wingers, fear mongers (the same) all make up this crap to talk about? Unless you know he tokes up for a fact then shut up. He is now an educated politician, resposible working man, with a family and I would doubt very much that is doing teenager things today.

Edited by treehugger

who's the stoner?

hudak admitted he tried pot in college, he came out with it before the left wing got a hold of it and made a huge deal about something that happened many years ago. grow up.

Only Hudak knows if he pops a few beers at the cottage and if he sits down by the dock and takes a couple of puffs and talks to God...That's really not at issue - what is at issue is this man does not have one original idea...He is dependant on the spite vote - to appeal to the publics base primative need to hate...enslaving the poor who are in jail via chain gangs and all that sort of useless negative emotional stuff - He is a disappointement because he and his handlers are using some old colonialist playbook...what is worse is that HUDAK like MCsqinty - gravely underestimate the intelligence and level of awareness of the public at large.

There is no one to vote for - we have McGinty doing the bidding of the Bay Street boys - and now we have the same thing in Hudak...You would think that the powers that be would figure out that a figurehead just does not cut it anymore - this is not 1950 - time for those with influence to start respecting the public instead of treating them like stupid surfs...as for pot smoking - maybe Hudak should get stoned once in a while and think for himself...BUT - that is not what is going to happen - He like McGinty will continue to treat Ontario like some private estate for some old associates of Conrad Black - speaking of Black - he would make a real and great premier - but is seems that the envious destroy their own.

Only Hudak knows if he pops a few beers at the cottage and if he sits down by the dock and takes a couple of puffs and talks to God...That's really not at issue - what is at issue is this man does not have one original idea...He is dependant on the spite vote - to appeal to the publics base primative need to hate...enslaving the poor who are in jail via chain gangs and all that sort of useless negative emotional stuff - He is a disappointement because he and his handlers are using some old colonialist playbook...what is worse is that HUDAK like MCsqinty - gravely underestimate the intelligence and level of awareness of the public at large.

There is no one to vote for - we have McGinty doing the bidding of the Bay Street boys - and now we have the same thing in Hudak...You would think that the powers that be would figure out that a figurehead just does not cut it anymore - this is not 1950 - time for those with influence to start respecting the public instead of treating them like stupid surfs...as for pot smoking - maybe Hudak should get stoned once in a while and think for himself...BUT - that is not what is going to happen - He like McGinty will continue to treat Ontario like some private estate for some old associates of Conrad Black - speaking of Black - he would make a real and great premier - but is seems that the envious destroy their own.

I disagree that"maybe hudak should get stoned" because then he would be an idiot like all others who do. He is not an idiot but he is boring, I will agree.But is boring worse than stupidity?

Things that are being promised to Ontarians from McGuinty are just plain stupid. He lies like nobody's business.I would rather have a premier with his two feet on the ground than someone who spends their terms trying to make up ways to tax the people of Onatrio over and over again.