The Jim-Flaherty-Does-Something-Worth-Mentioning Thread

This thread is created for CPCFTW, who requested a non-threatening, non-bashing thread for Jim Flaherty and, by extension, Prime Minister Harper and the entire CPC government.

Here is Jim's official Parliamentary bio: The Honourable James Michael Flaherty

Here is his Wiki bio

Has Jim done something especially noteworthy that people aren't talking about? Post it here. Is Jim contributing something special to Canadian society? Post it here. Is Jim a great finance minister? Post it here.

Heck, is Jim just a plain old good guy? Post it here.

Please post postive comments only. Truth is not required.

This thread is created for CPCFTW, who requested a non-threatening, non-bashing thread for Jim Flaherty and, by extension, Prime Minister Harper and the entire CPC government.

Here is Jim's official Parliamentary bio: The Honourable James Michael Flaherty

Here is his Wiki bio

Has Jim done something especially noteworthy that people aren't talking about? Post it here. Is Jim contributing something special to Canadian society? Post it here. Is Jim a great finance minister? Post it here.

Heck, is Jim just a plain old good guy? Post it here.

Please post postive comments only. Truth is not required.

Item one: He's gotten the left suitably whipped into a whining bunch of glass-half-empty complainers, but this is their normal operating procedure whenever a non liberal is in power. So his performance is kind of underwhelming, actually. If he was doing something revolutionary they'd be freaking out and leaving bags of used diapers at the end of his driveway(true story that used to happen to a conservative journalist in Vancouver by the name of Lautens, I believe). So Flaherty needs to up his game somewhat. I suppose the Tory team is following the shrewd maneuverings of Harper, who's trying to not rock the boat just yet. Have patience, Topaz. Soon you may actually have something to post about. ;)

Edited by sharkman

Here is another notable thing, not specifically about James, but about one of his kids.

Jim Flaherty’s son joins Fords at City Hall

Councillor Doug Ford has hired federal Finance Minister Jim Flaherty’s son, Galen, as a summer student, forging a new link in the close, mutually beneficial friendship between the conservative families.

Also, having an MP of Jim's stature in your neighbourhood increases the security of the entire gated community in Whitby they live in. So the Hell Angel's aren't likely to establish their clubhouse there.

Item one: He's gotten the left suitably whipped into a whining bunch of glass-half-empty complainers, but this is their normal operating procedure whenever a non liberal is in power. So his performance is kind of underwhelming, actually. If he was doing something revolutionary they'd be freaking out and leaving bags of used diapers at the end of his driveway(true story that used to happen to a conservative journalist in Vancouver by the name of Lautens, I believe). So Flaherty needs to up his game somewhat. I suppose the Tory team is following the shrewd maneuverings of Harper, who's trying to not rock the boat just yet. Have patience, Topaz. Soon you may actually have something to post about. ;)

Thanks Sharkman for thinking of me. Flaherty is a big boy he can take the heat and we, as Canadians should critizes our government when ever we see a reason, doesn't matter if it liberal or Tories. Besides he making big bucks and has good pensions, I don't think he cares what Canadians say about him, he's coming out ahead.

In your tribe?

No, in this thread which, to most normal English speakers, I would have thought was fairly explicity. However, knowing your track record, you are excused for your misunderstanding of clear and plain language.

No, in this thread which, to most normal English speakers, I would have thought was fairly explicity. However, knowing your track record, you are excused for your misunderstanding of clear and plain language.

Mr. Non Sequitur/No Facts to the rescue again...

:D

And where did I request "a non-threatening, non-bashing thread for Jim Flaherty and, by extension, Prime Minister Harper and the entire CPC government"?

Ohhhhh. I see what you mean. No, I created the "The Jim-Flaherty-Does-Something-Worth-Mentioning Thread" as a gift per your comment in the other thread. I added the "non-threatening, non-bashing" in response to the tonality of your comment in the other thread. I mean, I did not want to create this thread and then have people come on here - you know, those damned lefties and their ilk - and start being threatening or bashing Jim or even Steve as they often do, by association.

So far it has worked out pretty good dontchya think? :)

Ohhhhh. I see what you mean. No, I created the "The Jim-Flaherty-Does-Something-Worth-Mentioning Thread" as a gift per your comment in the other thread. I added the "non-threatening, non-bashing" in response to the tonality of your comment in the other thread. I mean, I did not want to create this thread and then have people come on here - you know, those damned lefties and their ilk - and start being threatening or bashing Jim or even Steve as they often do, by association.

So far it has worked out pretty good dontchya think? :)

I must have struck a nerve with you. Is Topaz your 'partner'? :lol:

I must have struck a nerve with you. Is Topaz your 'partner'?

On neither count. I just thought that with all the Harper bashing and you pouting about it, I would create a nice, pleasant Jim Flaherty thread, free from the usual bashing and gnashing that goes on around here. A nice respite thread for you so you are free to express pleasantries about Jim Flaherty, Prime Minister Harper and the rest of those hard working and forward thinking Conservative Party of Canada members.

You aren't taking this the wrong way are you?

This is worth mentioning:

Department of Finance Invites Comments on Proposal to Strengthen Regulation of Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Associations

I am supposing this is in reference to amateur sport bodies being caught in a tax shelter a few years ago: Taxman sacks Football Canada

Not strictly attributable to Jim Flaherty, but it is his department. So he gets the cred.