If Conrad Black wants admission to Canada

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't want British riff-raff in our country.

Who are the 'we' you're babbling about? In a year, Black does more good than 'you' do in 'your' lifetimes. Those who are jealous of others and begrudge them the results of their enterprise really piss me off.

Who are the 'we' you're babbling about? In a year, Black does more good than 'you' do in 'your' lifetimes. Those who are jealous of others and begrudge them the results of their enterprise really piss me off.

RO

Well, fortunately for your temperament, very few people who criticize Black, or any other wealthy individual, does so because of jealousy. So you get to relax now!

I can't understand the con obsession with a convicted criminal who renounced his citizenship to become british.

But hey, if the cons want this man as their spoke person I'd be 100% for it.

Wait, is that for real? Do conservatives seriously rally around this guy? That's kind of amazing.

Black mostly renounce the Chretin. Good on him for that.

Yeah, remember when the Prime Minister of Canada was attacking protesters and blocking Canadian citizens from getting knighted? Gee, it all seems like a bad dream now, glad we have someone at the helm now who isn't a petty, mean spirited, small minded man who thinks it's clever to talk about a proof is a proof if its a good proofy.

Black kind of goofed when he renounced his citizenship, but the chretin made him do it, so it's a wash.

Black is a convicted felon. He has committed theft, fraud on a grand scale & has bilked many Canadians of many dollars. When he has repaid all the money he has stolen he should then be afforded the same rights as any criminal and if he doesn't like he fog & drizzle in the British Isle he can always console himself by enjoying his lordship type royalty writ--- or perhaps put it to better use by burning it in his Non central heat fireplace.

We don't want British riff-raff in our country.

You mean British wannabe riff raff...

Let him rot in either the US or the UK...

He's no longer needed here...It seems he really wanted the "status" of belonging to another country...

Beat it,Connie...And take Babs with ya'!

You mean British wannabe riff raff...

Let him rot in either the US or the UK...

He's no longer needed here...It seems he really wanted the "status" of belonging to another country...

Beat it,Connie...And take Babs with ya'!

Yup. A rich, successful productive guy gets pilloried by your ilk. Send his tax dollars to the US or the UK. Losers. Not a clue among you all. No wonder the economy is floundering.

Yup. A rich, successful productive guy gets pilloried by your ilk. Send his tax dollars to the US or the UK. Losers. Not a clue among you all. No wonder the economy is floundering.

Poor,clueless, submission to the elite/money grubber...

Make your yourself useful,pump us some oil,and...Make us some money...

You know he was convicted in a US court, not just 'pilloried' by 'lefties', right? (Btw, he was convicted of stealing what belonged to a corporation. He wasn't exactly showing much respect for shareholders or property rights.)

Edited by Evening Star

You know he was convicted in a US court, not just 'pilloried' by 'lefties', right? (Btw, he was convicted of stealing what belonged to a corporation. He wasn't exactly showing much respect for shareholders or property rights.)

Nice to know you are independently wealthy.

More good, in what way? Steals enough money to keep him and Barb in clothes and wine? Pontificates on high about all manner of things? Tosses his citizenship away for a peerage that almost immediately becomes pointless because of Lords reforms?

I don't really care if he's rich or not, but he's no bloody Jesus Christ.

I can't understand the con obsession with a convicted criminal who renounced his citizenship to become british.

But hey, if the cons want this man as their spoke person I'd be 100% for it.

I find it curious that so many Conservatives hate letting criminals into the country, and yet have no issue with this particular convict.

Yeah, remember when the Prime Minister of Canada was attacking protesters and blocking Canadian citizens from getting knighted? Gee, it all seems like a bad dream now, glad we have someone at the helm now who isn't a petty, mean spirited, small minded man who thinks it's clever to talk about a proof is a proof if its a good proofy.

Black kind of goofed when he renounced his citizenship, but the chretin made him do it, so it's a wash.

Chretien didn't make him do it. While I think Chretien's claims that Canada doesn't allow conferring of titles were pure B.S. (the Nickle Resolution was never actually passed so it has absolutely no constitutional standing whatsoever), Chretien, as PM, was within his constitutional right to advise the Queen not to give Black a peerage. Black insisted on the Peerage despite the threat of loss of citizenship, and did it anyways.

The Americans didn't seem too convinced by that argument and through him in prison. At what point do you admit you're argument is lost, or do you just keep defending a convicted felon?

The Americans didn't seem too convinced by that argument and through him in prison. At what point do you admit you're argument is lost, or do you just keep defending a convicted felon?

And how strong is the US economy?

Lord and Lady Black of Crossharbour just want to be home in Toronto, but they've left a trail of burnt bridges.

Under Harper law his prison time would have been longer I expect.

Eta . . .

I doubt he'll qualify for immigration, being somewhat broke and a criminal.

Edited by jacee