Canada recognizes the Lybian rebels

The way you guys pick in me instead of the issue shows that both of you have no fucking clue at all. I'll stand by that.

Hacky uer like a that guy in the Monty Python movie who kept wanting to fight when all his limbs were chopped off.

Stay down Hack. Stay down.

Gost, we all pick on each other. Develop a thick skin or as Oleg Bach would say, a foreskin.

Seriously, you defending the Ghaddafi regime? Really? You think he is a legitimate ruler having his country stolen from him? Really?

Gadzooks. Oleg get the cod liver oil. This boy needs a colonic.

p.s. I will now refer to the Dog and the Dancer as the Twin Towers since they are being labelled as a tag team.

Edited by Rue

Hacky uer like a that guy in the Monty Python movie who kept wanting to fight when all his limbs were chopped off.

Gost, we all pick on each other. Develop a thick skin or as Oleg Bach would say, a foreskin.

I don't like to pick on people. Personally it does nothing to the conversation. I just give what I get. And my skin is pretty thick, I've been on this board for about 6 years, and not one ban. I try to be civil, but once in a while I have to come down to a certain level in order to properly engage in some conversations.

Seriously, you defending the Ghaddafi regime? Really? You think he is a legitimate ruler having his country stolen from him? Really?

I've stated several times I am no fan of Gadaffi, but this is a set up. I am calling it as I see it. Boots will be on the ground by the end of this year.

p.s. I will now refer to the Dog and the Dancer as the Twin Towers since they are being labelled as a tag team.

Hopefully you are referring them to other twin towers that are still standing. :D

So let me get this straight. You are concerned for Gadafi because you are against Al Queda and Hezbollah?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAh

Yer funny!

More!

Guest Derek L

I've stated several times I am no fan of Gadaffi, but this is a set up. I am calling it as I see it. Boots will be on the ground by the end of this year.

Whats the Vegas line on that bet? The USS Bataan & the 22nd MEU are off the coast of Libya.... From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli...

So let me get this straight. You are concerned for Gadafi because you are against Al Queda and Hezbollah?

And here I thought being against Al-Queda and Hezbollah was a good thing. Maybe you can show me where I am wrong? I've said it before, I am no fan of Gadaffi, but this is a theft of the nation.

How bad can a guy really be if he gets the state to pay for all healthcare, and all education, even post secondary? The aquifier project is an amasing feat of construction. I am sure he does all that because he hates and wants to kill his own people.

The following article says this is all about the countries involved ...OIL. When the price of OIL was going down in price Libya wanted to change within his country how oil was priced. This was good for Libya and bad for teh countries who are bombing him, including Canada. Since Harper has shown that he will do anything to protect Canadians oil and gas industry, this shouldn't be any surprise to Canadians, but why do people have to die for it? http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/crimes/25-03-2011/117336-reason_for_war_oil-0/

Gadzooks. Oleg get the cod liver oil. This boy needs a colonic.

I never said develope a foreskin. You made that up.

Canada is like a fight patron placing his bet on a contender that they expect to win. Canada does not even know who the contender is - but like all cowardly and self serving decisions - we might as well be on the side that is winning - good or bad. It reminds me of our support for America when they behave poorly...

• 1 month later...

So Gadaffi's son is wanting to negotiate a cease fire. I think this is about the 4th time a cease fire was proposed by Gadaffi's camp, and every time the UN/NATO said, 'no freakin way, continue the boming for freedom'.

As we see this is not about humanitarian aid to the Libyan people. Obama said, days not weeks, or was it weeks and not months, or was it months and not years, I can't remember all their lies.

This war needs to stop. The west most likely instigated it (as I stated in other threads), and won't stop the bombing and killing untill Gadaffi is gone, so the west can put in some puppet.

Look where the oil contracts are going under this new 'rebel regime'. Remember Italy was a huge supporter of this war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/world/europe/06italy.html?pagewanted=all

http://economicsnewspaper.com/economics/energy-libya-announces-the-stop-total-of-its-energy-cooperation-with-italy-45516.html

Libya, a member of the Organization of Petroleum Producing Countries (OPEC), before the Civil War exported 1.49 million barrels per day, mostly (85%) to Europe. Several foreign companies operated oil fields so as ENI and Norway’s Statoil.

But continued fighting around the Gulf of Sirte, where are the oil terminals, resulted in a drastic drop in production, forcing the member countries of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IEA) to use their strategic oil reserves to counter the threat of “shortage” at the beginning of the summer in the northern hemisphere.

National Oil Company (NOC), a giant public, is currently subject to international sanctions.

“Oil was used as a weapon against us,” said M, Mahmoudi, deploring the fact that “European companies that received contracts in Libya were the first to apply sanctions against the NOC and not deal with it. “

Now here is a gem..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14645027

Foreign Secretary William Hague has urged Col Muammar Gaddafi to tell his supporters to stop fighting, saying their numbers are "dwindling".

Mr Hague said he did not know where the Libyan leader was, but he had been "clearly rejected" by his own people.

While opposition forces control large parts of Tripoli, there are reports of gun battles with regime loyalists.

Gadaffi's side calls for a cease fire, the west rejects it, and now says that Gadaffi's side must stop the violence.

Steal 1.5 billion from Libya only to give it back, but in humanitarian aid.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/08/25/libya.war/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

United Nations (CNN) -- The U.N. Security Council's sanctions committee has approved a U.S. request to unfreeze $1.5 billion in Libyan assets to be used for humanitarian and civilian needs.

"We felt the need was urgent; that the (National Transitional Council) had to start paying its bills and to start establishing a track record as a clean, democratic organization," a senior administration official said.

Look Gost, we need to bomb an Arab country every now and then. It's just good business. We get to test our new weapons, keep the troops in practice, set an example for the rest of the Arab leaders not to get too uppity, kill a few terrorists (or Muslims anyway, close enough), and claim the moral high-ground by liberating the civilians. Win-win-win proposition. It's too bad Assad decided to crack down at the same time as we were doing Libya. If he waited a few years that coulda been our next bombing party.

Guest Derek L

Look Gost, we need to bomb an Arab country every now and then. It's just good business. We get to test our new weapons, keep the troops in practice, set an example for the rest of the Arab leaders not to get too uppity, kill a few terrorists (or Muslims anyway, close enough), and claim the moral high-ground by liberating the civilians. Win-win-win proposition. It's too bad Assad decided to crack down at the same time as we were doing Libya. If he waited a few years that coulda been our next bombing party.

It’s not too late……..flight time for CF-18s to Turkey from Italy is shorter than Canada to Italy ;)

After Syria, we should be warmed up enough to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb6nR_kdk9w&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

Now here is a gem..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14645027

Gadaffi's side calls for a cease fire, the west rejects it, and now says that Gadaffi's side must stop the violence.

When the losing side calls for a ceasefire, that translates as "let's stop fighting so that I've got time to regroup and consolidate my position."

When the winning side calls for the losing side to stop fighting, that translates as "this is your last chance."

Steal 1.5 billion from Libya only to give it back, but in humanitarian aid.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/08/25/libya.war/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Libya's foreign assets were frozen-- not stolen-- to prevent them from vanishing into the pockets of Gaddafi regime officials who might have escaped the country, and to prevent them from being used to purchase more weapons to brutalize civilians.

All is not rainbows and unicorns in the newly "liberated" country, however:

Blacks are being rounded up in Libya

Many blacks are in Libya as migrant workers. However, there is apparently a belief in Libya that many blacks fought along side of Gaddafi's forces. As a result, black people are being rounded up and jailed for ... basically for being black, it sounds like. Obviously this is not a good situation.

-k