Current Carbon Dioxide Emission Highest Ever in Earth History

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at your ^*)(*^# skies.

don't give me that contrails bullshit. Try to start a serious discussion on an issue which is already having repercussions on weather and food production, and a drug addict having acid flashbacks says the sky is changing colour.

don't give me that contrails bullshit. Try to start a serious discussion on an issue which is already having repercussions on weather and food production, and a drug addict having acid flashbacks says the sky is changing colour.

It`s called weather modification, another term is geo-engineering. We`ve been doing it in one form or another since the late 1800s. Cloud seeding is the most commonly practiced way of modifying the weather. You can find many companies out there who do just that. Don`t take my word for it.

It`s called weather modification, another term is geo-engineering. We`ve been doing it in one form or another since the late 1800s. Cloud seeding is the most commonly practiced way of modifying the weather. You can find many companies out there who do just that. Don`t take my word for it.

I know weather modification experiments have been conducted, but there is no evidence for the kind of large scale chem trail/con trail conspiracies that Coast To Coast and Alex Jones feature on a continual basis. One thing I am sure of: if they are more than the usual jet engine exhaust, and are part of global conspiracy to mitigate the warming effects of increasing greenhouse gas levels...it sure has hell isn't working!

So, this is your sober theory...meanwhile, climate change is a wild conspiracy theory?

I know weather modification experiments have been conducted, but there is no evidence for the kind of large scale chem trail/con trail conspiracies that Coast To Coast and Alex Jones feature on a continual basis. One thing I am sure of: if they are more than the usual jet engine exhaust, and are part of global conspiracy to mitigate the warming effects of increasing greenhouse gas levels...it sure has hell isn't working!

I've gone into my own research through various means. Internet, books, pics and video (that I have taken) ect ect. Sure I cannot prove it outright, but the technology for all this has existed since the 1940s to deliver aerosols into the atmosphere. The UK had done tests on their own people back in the 40s though this type of delivery system. Cloud seeding dates back to the late 1800s, shooting salts, and silver iodide into the atmosphere from a type of canon. Several companies around the world are already taking part in major cloud seeding operations to modify or outright control weather.

Cloud seeding was also used in the Vietnam war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye

Using the weather as a weapon.

Operation Popeye (Project Popeye/Motorpool/Intermediary-Compatriot) was a US military cloud seeding operation (running from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972) during the Vietnam war to extend the monsoon season over Laos, specifically areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The operation seeded clouds with silver iodide, resulting in the targeted areas seeing an extension of the monsoon period an average of 30 to 45 days. As the continuous rainfall slowed down the truck traffic, it was considered relatively successful.[1] The 54th Weather Reconnaissance Squadron carried out the operation to "make mud, not war." [2]

Geo-engineering is indeed a real active science, and one we are actively doing.

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/isbn/9781410213525 is a book I picked up recently. It was a reprint in 2004, original release was 1978. The book has research papers from top scientists in that field at the time. I started to get into it, but it is technical and lots of stuff like atmospheric physics formulas. This book came from the US Congressional Research Committee.

If the climate is changing, it is because we are actively messing with it on a very large and almost global scale. Sure I won't convince you of it.

But the one thing I will ask. Even if that haze you see in the sky is completely natural and they are in fact persistent contrails, spreading out into clouds, would that still not be a concern?

Get off the !@#$%^& drugs!

My experimentation with any mind altering substance ended about 30 years ago...I survived and came out the other end of the tunnel with my mind in tact...the earth is dirty - the sky is dirty...but my mind is clean. Why is it that you pick on me a man that is a boy about to turn 61? I have seen the incrimental change in the world and in the disrespect for nature that is now re-named envionmental. I liked the blue sky - apparently YOUR shade of blue is paler..because you have never had or seen the original real deal - and tomatoes did taste real when I was a kid - and YOUR tomatoe tastes like wet card board.

My experimentation with any mind altering substance ended about 30 years ago...I survived and came out the other end of the tunnel with my mind in tact...the earth is dirty - the sky is dirty...but my mind is clean. Why is it that you pick on me a man that is a boy about to turn 61? I have seen the incrimental change in the world and in the disrespect for nature that is now re-named envionmental. I liked the blue sky - apparently YOUR shade of blue is paler..because you have never had or seen the original real deal - and tomatoes did taste real when I was a kid - and YOUR tomatoe tastes like wet card board.

We astronomers are well aware of the fact that particulate levels have risen over the past several decades, coming from a variety of man-made sources, mostly due to industrial smog. It appears as a milky haze of moisture and particles in the daytime sky, with pronounced yellowing near the horizon.

This in combination with poorly designed night-time lighting from cities creates a serious problem for earth-based telescopes, known as "light pollution".

We astronomers are well aware of the fact that particulate levels have risen over the past several decades, coming from a variety of man-made sources, mostly due to industrial smog. It appears as a milky haze of moisture and particles in the daytime sky, with pronounced yellowing near the horizon.

This in combination with poorly designed night-time lighting from cities creates a serious problem for earth-based telescopes, known as "light pollution".

Not talking about the night skys over cities. Talking about the way the light hits the atmosphere during the day - The sky is less blue and there is a slight green haze on the horizon - It appears to me that the sky is now the ground - In other words mankind used to deposit it`s waste on the ground - now the process is reversed and the atmosphere is now being used as a toilet for the waste generated by all human activity.

The people who in a closed system which is the earth`s atmosphere - who are attempting to ``protect`` the ENVIRONMENT..fail to realize that all the effort in the west and in Europe etc. is a waste of time...as long as China generates 1950s style industrial waste...the whole sphere is effected. It is like cleaning up the air in a bed room while the rest of the house is full of heavey cigar smokers...that are ignored because they pay you big bucks for the pleasure of luxury.

My experimentation with any mind altering substance ended about 30 years ago...I survived and came out the other end of the tunnel with my mind in tact

Sher ya did... :lol:

And you're supposed to be no.1 of some sorts on this forum? Atmospheric CO2 levels have gone from 280 to almost 400 ppm in the last 150 years, and this has no connection to warming, such as the 40% loss of ARctic sea ice over the last half century according to the deniers.

Yes, you're right. CO2 in the atmosphere has ballooned from about 3/100 of one percent to 4/100 of one percent. That's right....CO2 would have to increase to 10,000 PPM before it would comprise even one percent of the atmosphere......and people are supposed to believe that the Arctic has lost 40% of its ice as a result of this miniscule change? Perspective can be frustrating at times.

Edited by Keepitsimple

Yes, you're right. CO2 in the atmosphere has ballooned from about 3/100 of one percent to 4/100 of one percent. That's right....CO2 would have to increase to 10,000 PPM before it would comprise even one percent of the atmosphere......and people are supposed to believe that the Arctic has lost 40% of its ice as a result of this miniscule change? Perspective can be frustrating at times.

Who doesn't know that? And the facts are that CO2 has never exceeded 300ppm during the last 10,000 years. And that the one third increase in CO2 over the last 100 or so years has already caused so much damage, should tell you that we cannot live for much longer at the present CO2 levels...let alone higher amounts.

Who doesn't know that? And the facts are that CO2 has never exceeded 300ppm during the last 10,000 years.

So you agree that CO2 levels (atmospheric partial pressure) has exceeded 300ppm prior to this period.

And that the one third increase in CO2 over the last 100 or so years has already caused so much damage, should tell you that we cannot live for much longer at the present CO2 levels...let alone higher amounts.

Given the above, do you see how this statement is flawed? Humans have obviously "lived" on this planet for more than 10,000 years.

Sher ya did... :lol:

Hey bud as the old Christians would say. "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles the man but what comes from the heart and out of the man that defile him...for what goes in the mouth...is expelled into the sewer eventually and is gone" - in other words - a man of faith can eat poison and survive in tact...some of us are just stronger than others...and brighter and know when harm is being done - All the stupid people from my old childhood who got involved in drugs and I am talking real strong poison ARE ALL DEAD...I can count about 20 of them...I am not DEAD because I understood when enough was enough - they did not.

So you agree that CO2 levels (atmospheric partial pressure) has exceeded 300ppm prior to this period.

I'm not going to go into details on past CO2 levels, since I've posted this at least 4 or 5 times previously: Last Time Carbon Dioxide Levels Were This High: 15 Million Years Ago, Scientists Report. The findings were based on a new, more accurate method of determining CO2 levels from analysis of tiny marine algae shells over a period of 20 million years.

Given the above, do you see how this statement is flawed? Humans have obviously "lived" on this planet for more than 10,000 years.

What is crucial for us today are that the implications of CO2 timeline are that sustaining the present carbon dioxide levels, means that there are more climate changes in the pipeline even if further increases in CO2 were stopped! At the time CO2 was last sustained at present levels -- "global temperatures were 5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit higher than they are today, the sea level was approximately 75 to 120 feet higher than today, there was no permanent sea ice cap in the Arctic and very little ice on Antarctica and Greenland," -- so, even as it stands now, we have a total loss of sea ice and disappearance of most of the ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctic to look forward to.

The corresponding increase in sea level of that magnitude, would wipe out the world's coastal cities, and flood many low-lying land masses...considering all of the people that would have to be moved, added to the chaos beginning already with increasingly extreme and chaotic weather, and it's a no-brainer that carbon dioxide levels are already too high to sustain a system of agriculture that can sustain a population of nearly 7 billion.

You create a straw man - I saw no mention of contrails here...Why do you bring up such tin hat foolishness in an attempt to discredit a statement that has nothing to do with some cooooky conspiracy theory - The sky is a paler blue than it was 40 years ago - This is perfect proof that human activity is out of hand.

You create a straw man - I saw no mention of contrails here...Why do you bring up such tin hat foolishness in an attempt to discredit a statement that has nothing to do with some cooooky conspiracy theory - The sky is a paler blue than it was 40 years ago - This is perfect proof that human activity is out of hand.

Oh as a one time experimenter in the field of cosmic mind bending compounds such as LSD....I have never had a flash back...there is not such thing...Those that suffered supposed damage from LSD were already mentally ill to begin with..

Oh as a one time experimenter in the field of cosmic mind bending compounds such as LSD....I have never had a flash back...there is not such thing...Those that suffered supposed damage from LSD were already mentally ill to begin with..

Which is neither here nor there! My irritation with your zen post about how the sky is different than it used to be, is that it has nothing to do with the topic...not even if it veers off on chem trails and con trails.

Which is neither here nor there! My irritation with your zen post about how the sky is different than it used to be, is that it has nothing to do with the topic...not even if it veers off on chem trails and con trails.

How could the way light changes as it passes though certain gases such as C02 not have anything to do with the topic? If the sky is slightly more pale than it was 50 years ago - it might be smart to take into consideration if CO2 and other accumulations of gases in abnormal amounts...cos the sky to alter it hue? Not once on these threads have I ever gone into the subject of con trails - chem trails...or other tin hate debates. Try to be accurate - find one remark regarding some conspiracy about these smoke trails and vapour trails in the sky --- that you can attribute to me? You will find none - so don't attempt to damaged my already damaged reputation with half baked hear say that you never really heard.

Actually it does have some relevace. If you can see the difference in the sky, then you know something has changed. But is that change due to carbon dioxide or ... something else?

Actually it does have some relevace. If you can see the difference in the sky, then you know something has changed. But is that change due to carbon dioxide or ... something else?

Does not matter what particular substance caused the change. What does matter is that it did not happen on it's own - nor is it cyclical or caused as some say by the sun, As a boy I lived at the high end of the Young Street corridor. I grew up on the Oak Ridge Moraine. It was a pristine place - I could look to the south from the high ground to where Toronto was. Year after year the sky over the city slowly took on a brownis green haze. The blue above me became more pale..the sun more intense...This is human activity and the imporper containment and disposal of human waste...no one wants to admit that in order to bring about great wealth for some - you have to excrete a huge amount of waste onto the land - into the water and eventually into the air...that is a fact.

Those that are attempting to detract from that fact are not the average persons or the poor...they are the well to do..who know that if they clean up their mess that causes negative changes in the atmosphere - that their profits will be less..They can not come to acknowledge this as real because that would mean being less rich and that they can not bare.

• 3 weeks later...

Those that are attempting to detract from that fact are not the average persons or the poor...they are the well to do..who know that if they clean up their mess that causes negative changes in the atmosphere - that their profits will be less..They can not come to acknowledge this as real because that would mean being less rich and that they can not bare.

But even as industrialized and developing nations alike steadily reduce aerosol pollution — caused primarily by burning coal — climate scientists are beginning to understand just how much these tiny particles have helped keep the planet cool. A silent benefit of sulfates, in fact, is that they’ve been helpfully blocking sunlight from striking the Earth for many decades, by brightening clouds and expanding their coverage.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/secondhandsmoke/2010/04/19/global-warming-hysteria-smog-good-carbon-dioxide-bad/

Hey bud as the old Christians would say. "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles the man but what comes from the heart and out of the man that defile him...for what goes in the mouth...is expelled into the sewer eventually and is gone" - in other words - a man of faith can eat poison and survive in tact...some of us are just stronger than others...and brighter and know when harm is being done - All the stupid people from my old childhood who got involved in drugs and I am talking real strong poison ARE ALL DEAD...I can count about 20 of them...I am not DEAD because I understood when enough was enough - they did not.

i'm just a lurker but I am just curious... where are you from, did you grow up in a ghetto? Are you from Canada or is there really pockets of humans in this country that live in a setting where you could actually know 20 people whom have died from drug abuse?