Students Asked to Leave CPC rally in London

In your link - "Ms. Aslam told the London Free Press. He said … "

All this horror story is presented from one source - the young girl.

By the way, in the very first news about this incident, CBC wrote that the girl said something like "I do not know why they removed me. My only idea is I have a picture with Michael Ignatieff on the Facebook. Maybe because of that..." Later reports put the Facebook passage in the mouth of a mythical RCMP officer.

Edited by YEGmann

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do. Her name is Awish Aslam. If you look at her Facebook profile, you can see her pictuers with Iggy and Layton. She probably was trying to get one with Harper to add to her collection.

No you do not. You do not have any evidence the girl was removed because of the pictures. You even do not have evidence RCMP officer removed her.

In your link - "Ms. Aslam told the London Free Press. “He said … "

By the way, in the every first news about this incident, CBC wrote that the girl said something like "I do not know why they removed me. My only idea is I have a picture with Michael Ignatieff on the Facebook. Maybe because of that..." Later reports put the Facebook passage in the mouth of a mythical RCMP officer.

I have the same suspicions. When I read that it was her own statements that she was removed and told it was because she had "Liberal connections (or something to that effect), the first thing that occurred to me was - why should we believe this girl? I'm already starting to suspect she's just another loser trying to make a name for herself by inventing a controversy. Maybe she's just going after her fifteen minutes of fame in an underhanded way. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

In your link - "Ms. Aslam told the London Free Press. “He said … "

By the way, in the every first news about this incident, CBC wrote that the girl said something like "I do not know why they removed me. My only idea is I have a picture with Michael Ignatieff on the Facebook. Maybe because of that..." Later reports put the Facebook passage in the mouth of a mythical RCMP officer.

Exactly. We're already seeing contradictions.

Come on, you can do better than that. Tell us more about how bad a person you think she must be.

Why is that possibility so hard to fathom? People hustling controversy for personal gain is hardly uncommon. We've already got a discrepancy in the events, with her originally saying she didn't know why she wasn't permitted to attend, and then she stated that the RCMP removed her claiming that the reason was because of "Liberal connections", apparently because of her Facebook profile photo.

Edited by Bob

She's wearing a black towel on her head! That makes her a religious fanatic!

I thought Harper was primarily "targetting" those wearing a crucifix?

http://kairoscanada.org/en/

But I guess students and veterans make equally good "targets" for a megalomaniac dictator wannabe like Harper, eh... ;)

There is no confusion. Awish Aslam was tossed from a Harper rally. After several days of the Conservatives going off message Harper apologized. It has been so damaging to Harper's campaign that now he has even agreed to meet with her.

There is no confusion. Awish Aslam was tossed from a Harper rally. After several days of the Conservatives going off message Harper apologized. It has been so damaging to Harper's campaign that now he has even agreed to meet with her.

Apologize immediately and correct the practice at his events, meaningful...

Wait 3 days to apologize and be FORCED reluctantly to do so by "damage control", meaningless...

It has been so damaging to Harper's campaign that now he has even agreed to meet with her.

Was this girl pepper sprayed?

When will Chretien meet with students he pepper sprayed? When will he apologize instead making jokes about the incident?

When will Chretien meet with students he pepper sprayed? When will he apologize instead making jokes about the incident?

Silly question, the next TIME he becomes Prime Minister of course... B)

Everybody knows that... <_<

Yes, but the apology only comes into effect if the budget is balanced in 2014!! :rolleyes:

:lol:

They really should get an applause emoticon on MLW like all the other forums have... B)

Excellent!

What veterans? Do you mean a carbon copy incident in Halifax? Liberal spin?

Harper's washed up and dried out on this one... No spin cycle required... B)

So, I guess you admit that there were no veterans kicked out of Harper's press conference.

I admit nothing, no need to, I wasn't there and never said I was... :)

BTW, it's not my problem, it's Harper's, and it seems yours... :lol:

The Harper campaign bubble: Students, vets tossed or barred from rallies

Oh boo hoo, the Liberal media... boohoo.

:D

If only that were true, which it very clearly isn't (Harper calls the shots as to what issue, like "coalition", the media covers) Harper would still be seen for what he is, a dictatorial control freak... B)

Globe and Mail and National Post as "Liberal" media? :lol: