Steve Paikin to moderate English debate

And your ridiculous posts prove that you would probably fit in better at bedwetter.ca...

What's next??

The debates are moderated by Klan members??

If you do not like them then complain to the moderator.You are not helping to debate this.It would be better for you to just ignore this thread.Please do!

WWWTT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you toad,what does this comment have to do with the original thread?

WWWTT

It's more of a meta-comment on your whole style of posting. You say the most laughable and obnoxious things, and then become like an old granny, shocked the someone should say something the last bit off-color. You obviously intended this post to get a rise out of everyone.

Unless your deadly earnest, in which case I just imagine you saying the opening post in Graham Chapman's Colonel character's voice, followed with "This thread is much too silly!"

Edited by ToadBrother

If you do not like them then complain to the moderator.You are not helping to debate this.It would be better for you to just ignore this thread.Please do!

WWWTT

This is'nt a debate...

Just about everyone is mocking you...

Why would I put you on ignore??

I would miss a bedwetter like you wet the proverbial bed!!!

:lol::lol:

Edited by Jack Weber

It's more of a meta-comment on your whole style of posting. You say the most laughable and obnoxious things, and then become like an old granny, shocked the someone should say something the last bit off-color. You obviously intended this post to get a rise out of everyone.

Unless your deadly earnest, in which case I just imagine you saying the opening post in Graham Chapman's Colonel character's voice, followed with "This thread is much too silly!"

This is'nt a debate...

Just about everyone is mocking you...

Why would I put you on ignore??

I would miss a bedwetter like you wet the proverbial bed!!!

:lol::lol:

Ok you guys finished!

Thanks you for your opinion.

However this is still an important issue and is still relevant to many Canadians.

WWWTT

Ok you guys finished!

Thanks you for your opinion.

However this is still an important issue and is still relevant to many Canadians.

WWWTT

On that score I call BS. I doubt there are more than fifty people in the entire country who give a crap who moderates this thing. They're probably outnumbered by the number of people who will be watching Netflix reruns of Doctor Who during the debate.

Edited by ToadBrother

So the point of this thread is to go through a laundry list of visible minorities. Perhaps we should have a mute moderator. That might add some spice!

I nominate Tina Keeper to moderate the debates, she meets ALL the criteria mentioned... :D

Besides the questions are all pre-submitted by Canadians from across Canada, but I do wish they'd have a little better format than in past debates...

I think we need a woman for moderator! I nominate Julie Couillard, the girlfriend of Maxime Bernier, the Troy Quebec MP who was involved in that scandal.

Julie is not only a woman but she would also fill the "cleavage" quota, which seems to be sadly under-represented amongst moderators on Canadian TV.

I think we need a woman for moderator! I nominate Julie Couillard, the girlfriend of Maxime Bernier, the Troy Quebec MP who was involved in that scandal.

Julie is not only a woman but she would also fill the "cleavage" quota, which seems to be sadly under-represented amongst moderators on Canadian TV.

Sorry...

Not transgendered....

Sorry...

Not handicapped...

No worries, I'm SURE Harper will kick her in the shin or chin before the debate so she'll have a limp or can't speak clearly... ;)

Ill see your julie couillard and ill raise you snooki from the jersey shore. there would definetely be no bias there.

Ill see your julie couillard and ill raise you snooki from the jersey shore. there would definetely be no bias there.

pssst, in case you haven't heard, it's a CANADIAN thing going on...

What's a "snooki" from "jersey shore"? Some sort of fish?

;)

Wow I had no idea that this thread would turn into an audition for "Canadas worst comedians"

Man I'm a freakin genius!

Now if I can only figure out a way to get all you guys in the same room rambling and blabering jiberish at the same time.

Oh wait I already have!

Pure genius!

WWWTT

Wow I had no idea that this thread would turn into an audition for "Canadas worst comedians"

Man I'm a freakin genius!

Now if I can only figure out a way to get all you guys in the same room rambling and blabering jiberish at the same time.

Oh wait I already have!

Pure genius!

WWWTT

I think the point is we're giving the thread all the respect it deserves.

I think the point is we're giving the thread all the respect it deserves.

I almost started to believe that.

Usually when someone thinks another persons quotes are stupid they just ignore them.But when someone is offended or threatened then they want to be combative.

Heres a hint,if you want to hide your true feelings then take a page out of Harpers campaign and zip your lips

Buddy!

Ha!

WWWTT

If I recall the last debate, Steve Paikin was widely praised by observers from across the spectrum. Somebody who does a good job deserves to be invited back. 'nuff said.

-k

Ok finaly we are actually talking about this subject and a couple of you guys are making good comments.

Now for me and many other Canadians there has to be a certain percentage of entertainment value in politics for an actual interest.

And the last debate sucked the life of any prospect away from that.

And I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of Steve Paikin.

The format was terrible too!Just one moderator and all the participants sitting around a table looking at each other.

And I don't expect to get much support from this forum on these type of subjects!

Oh my God do you people actually think I tell anyone in the real world I actually contribute to a political forum or from time to time watch the "Agenda"

My ex girlfriend use to hate it when I watched that show,she would just give up and leave the room.Who's fault it that?Anybody but Steves?

Look this is a good opportunity to get many voters active in this process of democracy and the networks should take an active roll in trying to get a moderator that can at least attempt to stir some real interest amongst the audience.As far as I am concerned the media in Canada is partially responsible for the low voter turn out in this country!Was the voter turn out higher after the last election that followed the Enlish debate Steve moderated?

Its a sad fact that many of the good journalists and talented Canadians in the media field leave Canada for better opportunities in the US.

I guess all we're left is is Steve.

WWWTT

Look this is a good opportunity to get many voters active in this process of democracy and the networks should take an active roll in trying to get a moderator that can at least attempt to stir some real interest amongst the audience.As far as I am concerned the media in Canada is partially responsible for the low voter turn out in this country!Was the voter turn out higher after the last election that followed the Enlish debate Steve moderated?

WWWTT

The point that Steve was respected for the job he has done before was a good one. So far, you have given nothing but your own opinion that he is a bad choice.

I liked him! There! My vote cancels out yours!

Can you give us a cite or anything to substantiate your opinion that the Canadian viewing public doesn't like Steve and how ratings would improve if we had a blind, lesbian bluegrass singer with one leg?

You really should not have been surprised at the reaction to your OP suggestion. This is NOT a leftwing board! We have some leftwing members but we are nothing like that profane, bigotted cesspool called "rubble.ca". You based your argument on some sort of affirmative action selection for a moderator. Most folks on this board see affirmative action as "reverse discrimination", or more simply, just discrimination.

People are people and that's enough! Putting them into quotas is patronizing at best. It's a Star Trek world today, where not only can a black man be a captain or a woman an admiral but even more, NOBODY EVEN NOTICES!

And that's the way it should be!