Steve Paikin to moderate English debate

Didn't this guy moderate the last debate?

Is this the only guy that can do this?

How about someone who is a visible minority or a woman?

Or someone who is not from Ontario or Quebec.

I am sure that there are many people from across Canada more than qualified for this job and since elections only happen once every so many years(in theory)a more diverse approach should be taken.

WWWTT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the gender and race of the moderator relevant? Why does it matter? If Paikin moderated the last debate, he clearly has the most relevant experience to moderate this one. I see no need to make this an affirmative action job.

Or someone who is not from Ontario or Quebec.

I am sure that there are many people from across Canada more than qualified for this job and since elections only happen once every so many years(in theory)a more diverse approach should be taken.

WWWTT

What have you got against Paikin? Why do you want to discriminate against him?

Is it because he's from Hamilton? Or that he's male?

How is the gender and race of the moderator relevant? Why does it matter? If Paikin moderated the last debate, he clearly has the most relevant experience to moderate this one. I see no need to make this an affirmative action job.

I answered your question in the original quote

Since elections only happen once every so many years then a more diverse approach should be taken.

In other words there are more than one opinion in Canada and other approaches to refereeing the debate should be explored to reflect the integral diversity of Canada.

If Paikin was sincerely un-biased he would have taken the high road and refused to moderate this debate.

WWWTT

Since elections only happen once every so many years then a more diverse approach should be taken.

In other words there are more than one opinion in Canada and other approaches to refereeing the debate should be explored to reflect the integral diversity of Canada.

If Paikin was sincerely un-biased he would have taken the high road and refused to moderate this debate.

WWWTT

He's the moderator, not running for office. Give it a break already.

I didn't know he was from Hamilton until you told me.

WWWTT

If you do not discriminate against him then you discriminate against others.

He has already moderated one debate,fine.

Time to move on,there are many qualified people who can fairly moderate a debate.

Keep in mind that the moderator does slightly influence the debate and he in my opinion has done so in the last English debate of 08.And any other moderator will do the same and there are other views in Canada.

I use to live in Hamiton Bill and I lived in southern Ontario all my life,but southern Ontario is not the centre of Canada.

Yes we have a big perspective,but there are others and lets give others a voice here.

WWWTT

Is there some sort of concept for the most irrelevant election-related thread? Next week, "Why don't the leaders wear more plaid? Have they got something against the Scots?"

:lol:

It's the typical bedwetter.ca (rabble.a) mindset of being offended at anything that does'nt always subscribe to (moral,social,cultural) relativism at all times..

Why? If anything, given the importance of elections and election results, one could make the argument that a more consistent approach should be taken.

Indeed, there are certainly a range of opinions and approaches. Why do you feel these alternative opinions or approaches cannot be adequately represented by a White male? If anything, it would be one's previously expressed political opinions that would be the greatest indicator of having a different approach/opinion, not one's race or gender.

I can see if you wanted someone else to moderate the debate, but you specifically stated that it should be a woman and/or visible minority. Why do you feel the need to apply affirmative action to the position of debate moderator?

Sir WWWTT, you omitted First Nations from your list. Why is this?

Carmel you are absolutely right.A native Canadian would add an excellent perspective to the debate!

Excellent,very good!Keep the creative juices flowing man!

WWWTT

Carmel you are absolutely right.A native Canadian would add an excellent perspective to the debate!

Excellent,very good!Keep the creative juices flowing man!

WWWTT

So the point of this thread is to go through a laundry list of visible minorities. Perhaps we should have a mute moderator. That might add some spice!

:lol:

It's the typical bedwetter.ca (rabble.a) mindset of being offended at anything that does'nt always subscribe to (moral,social,cultural) relativism at all times..

Sounds like you do not like someone proposing we change your white male 6'+ blue eyed dominance over who runs Canada.

What ever happened to multiple moderators?Why have something as important as this be controlled by one single person?

I believe that this debate is very important.Expecially since Harper avoids answering any questions and therefore this subject does have merit.

WWWTT

So the point of this thread is to go through a laundry list of visible minorities. Perhaps we should have a mute moderator. That might add some spice!

A mute,blind,paralysed from the knee down,black/native,transgendered....

Gots to cover all the bases!!!

Carefull Buddy!Your on the edge of saying something that might get you in trouble!

WWWTT

Why are we only allowing humans to moderate these debates? Why are we discriminating against animals? And inanimate objects?

I would like to see a bucket of cookie-dough ice-cream moderate this debate. Or possibly a sheet of drywall.

:lol::lol:

Or how 'bout a rabid wolverine???

Troll,troll,troll man you guys just do not see the relevance of the moderators position of authority over the leaders of Canadas political parties.

The ludicrous attacks I have read hear tells me you guys are very insecure and are not above making ridiculous suggestions to hide this.

WWWTT

Troll,troll,troll man you guys just do not see the relevance of the moderators position of authority over the leaders of Canadas political parties.

The ludicrous attacks I have read hear tells me you guys are very insecure and are not above making ridiculous suggestions to hide this.

WWWTT

And your ridiculous posts prove that you would probably fit in better at bedwetter.ca...

What's next??

The debates are moderated by Klan members??