Federal Election Polls

It's not that simple when a student is away at school.

Perhaps you should read your article - it is not complaining about the Federal system's voter ID laws - it's criticizing the various Provincial election laws.

Currently, in Canadian federal elections, citizens vote in the district where their permanent address is located, and students who move away from home have the option to cast their ballot in their school’s riding if they can prove residency.

But provincial election rules vary across the country. The Ontario Election Act, for example, defines residency — and therefore voting eligibility — as “the place where your family resides … until you move elsewhere with the intention of making that change permanent.” Technically, any student in Ontario who does not intend to permanently move to their university’s riding would be ineligible.............

But you know damn well if Harper didn't see the chance to help his vote count, he wouldn't have bothered making Polievere make such a fool of himself trying to defend the act.

It's not hard to defend.

and yet... HarperCon attack ads still... still... only being targeted toward Liberals/Trudeau. Wassup with that?

Not sure there's enough ammo to make attack adds against the NDP effective?

How would these attack adds look like? What would they be attacking?

If anything, the conservatives are the ones that can be easily targeted in attack adds.

WWWTT

Apparently neither did the writer of the article - because it had nothing to do with the Fair Elections Act.....and everything to do with the different Provincial election laws.

You know the fair elections act poses the same challenges, right? That's why I provided you with an article that explores those challenges.

Don't you complain about people criticizing legislation before it passes because they're just making up problems that aren't real? Well, this is similar legislation that has already passed and we can see the problems it causes.

And to what end? None that's been adequately defended.

Edited by cybercoma

oh my! Good on ya for admitting your own hypocrisy! If only one knew to use your like "by design" excuse for a delayed platform, we could have long dispensed with your false-narrative.

Perhaps, but as Napoleon once said: "Never interfere with an enemy while's he's in the process of destroying himself"

I think the early LPC policy release was a strategic mistake, and doubly so, not only should they have waited until the writ was dropped, but with their rapid policy release, perhaps not their fault mind you, they received little media coverage or traction (As Canadians aren't paying attention right now)..........Simply put, Butts lost his nerve due to the NDP's uptick in the polls........

We won't know the outcome of the election or even be able to predict properly until thr campaign actually begins. Some of you are getting far too excited by polls that have changed seemingly without reason.

I'm not sure you realize this - with fixed election dates the unofficial campaign begins far sooner than previously. We see parties rolling out attack ads in June, party leaders hold campaign-style meetings and excitement among opposition parties grows as Conservatives hover 12% behind last election. Welcome to the campaign.

Edited by Vancouver King

I'm not sure you realize this - with fixed election dates the unofficial campaign begins far sooner than previously. We see parties rolling out attack ads in June, party leaders hold campaign-style meetings and excitement among opposition parties grows as Conservatives hover 12% behind last election. Welcome to the campaign.

People aren't paying attention yet. It doesn't matter when the unofficial campaign begins. People don't care yet.

Correction: Partisan conservative voters don't care yet. The rest of us have been paying attention for the last 4 years.

I happen to know that you're wrong, since I know a lot of normal people. I'm paying attention all the time. I probably won't be voting for your guy.

I happen to know that you're wrong, since I know a lot of normal people. I'm paying attention all the time. I probably won't be voting for your guy.

I don't have a guy yet, as I will remain impartial to MOST parties come election day. I know many people as well, in fact I work with many thousands of people on jobsites from Vancouver Island to Western borders of Manitoba. We have all been paying attention. Many of us are fed up with Harper and many of us have been paying attention for the last 4 years. Maybe those who you think are "normal" are really the abnormal of our society.

That's true. I travel a large portion of the country on a monthly basis. Working with people as young as 19 to retirement age.

But hey don't take my word for it. See what happens come election day.

The polls thus far paint the clear picture of...a not clear picture. The Conservatives might lose, and I won't be surprised. They might win, and I won't be surprised. No one knows.

The polls thus far paint the clear picture of...a not clear picture. The Conservatives might lose, and I won't be surprised. They might win, and I won't be surprised. No one knows.

I hear talk every single day about the upcoming election, since last fall. People are talking about it, a lot. Unlike the 2011 election. This one has a lot of buzz surrounding it.

I hear talk every single day about the upcoming election, since last fall. People are talking about it, a lot. Unlike the 2011 election. This one has a lot of buzz surrounding it.

Yeah, well, your anecdotes aren't borne out by mine, or by the numbers.