israel responds to terrorism by killing civilians

bud

Guest American Woman

I think it's a semantic argument which is why I haven't plunged into it too deeply. Certainly, it does not "target" them. Whether it kills them "intentionally" is a matter of the interpretation of the word "intentional": I think that they are likely sometimes considered an acceptable side effect of an operation, if the target is of a high enough value. While not ideal, such side effects are morally acceptable in the defense of one's nation. This is of course the same consideration ANY country makes when carrying out military operations.

It is the same in any country carrying out military operations, which I've pointed out myself. Any war has involved civilian casualty and it's impossible to avoid, but Israel does not target civilians, which is the bottom line. We're in agreement about that. As to whether or not it's acceptable, I think that every nation has accepted the consequences of their deliberate military operations, making Israel no different in that regard than any other nation.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they care...but sometimes the value of the target outweighs the civilian loss....this is a principal outlined in the Geneva convention.

the terrorist groups probably believe the way you do, that the message and response to israel's occupation and treatment of palestinians outweighs the civilian loss that might occur during their attacks.

the terrorist groups probably believe the way you do, that the message and response to israel's occupation and treatment of palestinians outweighs the civilian loss that might occur during their attacks.

You mean they think like you...unable to comprehend anything outside their narrow hate filled world view...but go ahead... explain the military importance of attacking a commuter bus.

And stretch first, I wouldn't want you to pull a muscle defending a war crime

wrong dancer.

unlike you, i am against attacks that can kill civilians. i never try to justify them.

There is the collateral damage crowd. There is the civlized faction..using odd and fancey language does not remove from reality the fact that some poor old lady - some child - innocent hard working man - had their bodies blown to bits because some nerd at a computer could not shoot straight - nor cared.

wrong dancer.

unlike you, i am against attacks that can kill civilians. i never try to justify them.

Sure you are. In fact, by denying Israel's inherent right to self defence, you promote attacks on civilians.

But if you want to come clean and say you do in fact support Isreal's right to defend itself, which of course includes attacking terrorists even if they hide in their mothers closet in downtown Gaza, I will happily take back my statement.

Guess if someone came and harmed a family member I would quietly hunt them down. The problem with Israel is that everybody in the tribe is family - and revenge is mulitipied. Hence - kill one Jew - they kill ten non-Jews...it's a type of racist collective rage.

GAZA - Israeli air strikes and shelling killed nine Palestinians in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, medical officials said, in the deadliest day of conflict in the enclave in months.

Palestinian medical officials said three youths aged 12, 16 and 17 who were playing football and an adult relative were killed by Israeli shelling, and five militants were killed later in two separate air strikes elsewhere in the Gaza Strip.

more

it's not okay to condemn the bus bombing that killed a civilian and then not condemn the shelling that killed civilians.

the israeli government is no different than groups who order bus bombings.

Canada likely paid for those bombs from all the cash they send over to Isreal. They are just as guilty as the rest. Isreal has been getting away with Genocide since the U.S gave them Weapons of Mass Destruction back in the late 40s.

Canada likely paid for those bombs from all the cash they send over to Isreal. They are just as guilty as the rest. Isreal has been getting away with Genocide since the U.S gave them Weapons of Mass Destruction back in the late 40s.

The Americans didn't give Israel the Bomb. If they do have the Bomb, you can thank France and Dr Edward Teller. Canada has also never given 'cash to Israel' to buy bombs. But why let these wee problems get in the way of your hatred of Israel?

The Americans didn't give Israel the Bomb. If they do have the Bomb, you can thank France and Dr Edward Teller. Canada has also never given 'cash to Israel' to buy bombs. But why let these wee problems get in the way of your hatred of Israel?

i don't hate anybody. That would be racist. besides, i don't think its racist when you hate everybody equally. jk/ B)