Should Canada Direct more Efforts into Recruiting European Immigrants

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says who? Let me ask you this? Would you object to bringing over fifty million new immigrants each year if it were possible?

How about ten million? At what point would you ask - "why would we?"

Or would you just say that of course you'd welcome ten or fifty million immigrants a year, because to do otherwise would be RACIST.

In the context of my post, what was implied was huge numbers from specific areas, due to racially-based quotas, in order to accomplish some social engineering goal.

At no time was I talking about specific numbers of immigrants per year. That is an entirely separate argument, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Crime statistics from Canada. The almost daily shooting in Toronto. Event like say Air India is in proportion same as 9/11 WTC.

In what world do you live? I ask because a daily shooting means you year (2010) is 28 days long.

Try looking up information before you spout stupid and inane non-facts.

Actually, the answer is relatively simple: let the market decide. Let the main path of immigration be job offers from Canadian employers, rather than a points system. It doesn't matter what education someone has, what matters is whether they can get a job in Canada. And the only way to know for sure if they can get a job is if there is an employer giving them a job offer. The potential immigrant must continue to hold the job with that employer for the period of their permanent residency (with appropriate processes in place for exceptions as needed)

Sadly , employers in many cases would hold the person hostage to his ability to stay in this country.

Then I'll ask again. Scotty is proposing what is in fact a quota - giving preference in imnmigration to people from certain areas of the World - is he right or wrong?

Giving preference to a particular area is not a quota. I'm not at all sure why you think it is.

Fair question. That being said, logic dictates that failure by government to do thing the way they should be done is not a reason for doing things in a way that would be no better than what has been done.

I would submit that doing it my way would be considerably better than what has been done as it would likely result in far more prosperous immigrants - which means immigrants paying more for the services government supplies.

In the context of my post, what was implied was huge numbers from specific areas, due to racially-based quotas, in order to accomplish some social engineering goal.

And who has suggested doing that?

I would submit that doing it my way would be considerably better than what has been done as it would likely result in far more prosperous immigrants - which means immigrants paying more for the services government supplies.

Actually, it would not be that much better, because it would ASSUME that a candidate has a better chance of succeeding financially speaking because there are more people from the same place who have made it. Which is contrary to simple logic. You want the most likely to make it? Youg et them wherever they come from.

When faced with the option of greater merger with the United States of America or going back to Mother Britain, I am incline to think that merging with Britain will be a better political move than greater Union with the United States. Not only would it attract migrant workers from Europe with more ease - as Canada would become as united with the United Kingdom - part of the European Union - already many professional jobs are taken by Americans and there is no doubt in my mind that a union with America will only increase that trend as much more weath and power is centralzed in Canada's southerly neighbour. Rejoining the UK would also insulate Canada far more from American dilution of Canadian identity.

This is my answer to whether Canada should direct more efforts into recruiting European immigrants;

And we all know the EU is the next big thing. America is in decline - Canada need not be dragged down with it.

This from last year:

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/03/15/the-troubles.html

Edited by William Ashley