Hello everyone, I'm new to this board.

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin Smith. I am 16 years old, and I live in Ontario. I am very interested in Canadian politics. My political idols are Pierre Trudeau, Pearson, King, Lauier, Bill Davis, and John Crosbie. I am a Red Tory. I'm against abortion and same-sex marriage. I'm for public health care and education. I'm for lower taxes.

Some day, my dream is to become Premier of Ontario.

Anyway, please message in this post. Cheers and ciao,

Kevin Smith

Why is everyone so against right-wingers. I'm not that right-wing. If some of the people are old enough to remember Bill Davis, they should remember what a great job, he did. He was right-wing. He not only was he premier of Canada's most powerful province for 14 years, but a major player on the national political scene.

Well trust me you will get to know MS soon enough and what he stands for. All that I would say is make your point and opinion known and do not be shy about it. You will be able to give and have to take. Just try back your points up with facts and you will have absolutely no problem dealing with MS.

Hey MS, who are you voting for, the Cons right??

You are quite a mixed up boy with your liberal heroes and yet supporting these tories who will destroy everything those leaders did for Canada.

Good thing you won't vote until you become a little more knowledgeable.

Everyone likes lower taxes but sometimes it is not the right thing to do. We must pay down the national debt. It is not fair to pass that down to you and your children.

Health care will deteriorate under the conservative government and its approval of private health care,

Keep your eyes and ears open and you will learn.

The last conservative government; which was more moderate than Harper's views left us 450 billion dollars in debt; it gave us the gst and it relinguished Canadian control of our own resources. It made a bad deal for us with the USA in "Free Trade"

I'm against abortion and same-sex marriage. I'm for public health care and education. I'm for lower taxes.

Be careful the media might call you an extremist :o . Welcome to this forum, and hope you enjoy it here. I actually was thinking about getting into politics, but then decided that I would rather get into the military or policing as a career choice.

Good luck on all you future aspirations.

Welcome,

I also was very interested in politics at 16 in Manitoba.

I collected the results of elections and poured over the numbers for hours.

I became a conservative because Gary Filmon was very impressive for twelve years as Premier.

So that was along time ago and just last night looking through some old information I discouvered that the NDP had run an ad in 1988 with a small child that asked his grandfather if he could vote for Ed broadbent too? I wondered if he now would.

Funny how things are so similiar to the past battles.

Welcome aboard big blue, I am rather new to this forum but way past 10 despite what MS says of me (just poking a bit of fun MS). As others say, dont be afraid to make your point and dont feel insulted when people dont agree with you. I fail on this point at times (right MS) ;) try to keep personal insults out of your posts. If and when you can, back your thoughts up with links and facts, that one took the longest for me to learn but you will be able to gather lots of info pretty quick. You should also keep your personal name out of posts unless you feel like giving them in a PM, there are a lot of freaks out there. So, welcome and happy debating.

I don't see abortion as "A Woman's right to Choose". I see it as "Baby-Killing". So I am for "Pro-life". If a woman gets pregeant by accident, she should pay for her mistake. It's as simple as that.

Casear, I am not a mixed up boy. I have read many political books. For one point, look at what Bob Rae of the NDP did to Ontario from 1990-1995. Mike Harris saved us.

I want to be premier of Ontario because I want to be in a top political job. I can't become PM but I can't speak French. LOL. So Premier seems a good job. If I became Premier, I would not make Ontario offiically bilingual.

I have many left-wing and right-wing views.

Right wing: Lower taxes, debt payment, free trade, abortion, same sex, more funding for the military,

Left wing: Health care and education, more wind turbines, funding for Catholic schools.

Anyway, talk to you later, cheers and ciao,

Kevin Smith

Big Blue; you have many more things to learn. Ontario as part of Canada is bilingual and that is not a provincial choice. You are only 16; lots of time to learn French language. If you want to be Premier of Ontario; you should know French language. It is not a requirement to speak French to be Prime Minister; but as Quebec is one of our larger provinces with many votes; it is a good idea if you want votes from French Canadians.

However, you are very young and I applaud you for your interest. Keep learning and encourage other to learn more about our government systems. I am aware that a large proportion of Canadians understand very little about our government systems.

Parties are not that clearly defined. The Liberals here in BC (provincial) are extreme right wing and are much like Harper Tories. I like governments a little more centered in the middle. I am not thrilled with any. I do admire Trudeau and his straightforward honesty. He believed in a strong central government.

greetings big blue

I want to be premier of Ontario because I want to be in a top political job. I can't become PM but I can't speak French. LOL. So Premier seems a good job. If I became Premier, I would not make Ontario offiically bilingual.

I wouldn't worry about the French vote, by the time you are in your 40s to 50s, Mandarin or Cantonese will be a much more handy second language to have, not just for winning votes within Canada, but also on a international stage. :)

I don't really want to be PM because it seems too big a job. If I go into politics, should I go straight away after university, or should I wait until I'm in my late 30s?

I am a centrist political specturm guy. For the 2004 election, I support the Conservatives. It's not that I don't agree with liberal policies. I just want a change. The only person I support as leader is Gilles Duceppe. Not the Bloc, just Duceppe. He did very well in the debates and earned my respect.

Regarding same sex marriages; as my husband said; why not; they should suffer the same as us straight men :rolleyes:

I have no problem with allowing them to marry; perhaps a different designation with the same benefits. I do not feel that this entitles them to become parents. God may have made them homosexual but he did not make them capable of reproduction. There are many good straight families waiting to adopt.

If I were a young pregnant girl with the choice of abortion or giving a child up for adoption; I would probably lean to the abortion if there were a chance my unborn child would be raised in a gay home.

I am an OLD lady far beyond child bearing years; I do remember when young girls were forced to get abortions illegally in unsanitary conditions. Many died or were never able to bear children after.

Young girls must have a choice; men can run away from these problems and carry on with any plans; the female cannot. Men have no right to sit in judgement.