Bev Oda's Office Caught Forging Document

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop the insulting of people's post. People deserve to be treated with respect and the same goes and I thought people are genuinely good mentality is wrong but the truth is the Conservatives are making parliament a laughing stock and want to make sure voter intention gets to the point where no one will vote on the left and they have a committed group of people who could care less what happens to our democracy. That is the truth and I am repeating multiple times because the truth must be heard.

Read the FORUM rules and then get back to us!

Also, multiple postings of the same message is annoying and dilutes your effect. It's like spam or telephone soliciting. Many people find them annoying and refuse to buy any products advertised in that manner.

Read the FORUM rules and then get back to us!

Also, multiple postings of the same message is annoying and dilutes your effect. It's like spam or telephone soliciting. Many people find them annoying and refuse to buy any products advertised in that manner.

Well they were similar threads and it would not be the first time people have done it so I stand by what I did.

We need to ensure that for our democracy to be strong we have to have our elected officials behaving a certain way and there needs to be a certain standard for them to follow so they can be an example for us all.

Anyone agree with me?

The Conservatives have failed on all levels just like the Liberals. We need a new party to step forward.

The problem with your party seems to be that it promises to be all things to all people! Your own posts show it to be all over the map! The only consistency has been promises to be different from the other guys!

"I can play re-gee! I can play disco! I can play anything you want!"

Sorry CCEN but it seems to me that all I've heard is lots of rah-rah, sizzle but no steak!

And I should be one of your easiest converts! I only support Harper 'cuz I think they stink less than the other choices!

What I need, (and I'm certainly NOT the only one!) is specifics, LOTS of specifics!

Let me look at a formal Party Platform list! Not just some vague promises to do good and appeal to everyone but itemized specific stands on as many specific issues as possible. I want to know what a party stands for on military spending, on interprovincial and international trade, on human rights when dealing with foreign countries that are abusers, on Canada's role in space, on immigration, on farm subsidies, on pollution laws versus job creation and protection and many, many more!

The only party that did this was Reform and those party planks were ironed out in workshops of party members. They were BINDING on the leadership! The present CPC shows nothing but rah-rah on their website and so do the Liberals and NDP. To me, that makes them all the same. A smelly bunch with no real public stands or philosophies you can expect or rely on.

As I like to say, I'm a techie. I'm always more concerned with how well something works than how nice it looks. So far you keep telling me your party looks nice!

If you want to seriously garner support you better get a LOT more specific! Canadians have been hearing "rah-rah" for a long time and they have no reason to automatically trust your party to be any different from the disappointments they have been given before.

Remember, the "new kid" is always an unknown commodity. No one wants to give him a chance unless the situation is truly desperate AND they have TOTALLY lost faith with the incumbent choices! Canada is a long way from that situation. Right now the Liberals have far more chance of getting back in power than your party does of being the totally unknown "dark horse" that comes up the middle!

Ask every new member for a $10 membership fee. That will enable you to count up how many serious supporters you can count on! Remember, money talks and BS walks!

Edited by Wild Bill

Well they were similar threads and it would not be the first time people have done it so I stand by what I did.

Oh, so two wrongs make a right! Other guys did it so it's ok!

Methinks we just got a peek at how your new party is not so different from the old ones...

The problem with your party seems to be that it promises to be all things to all people! Your own posts show it to be all over the map! The only consistency has been promises to be different from the other guys!

"I can play re-gee! I can play disco! I can play anything you want!"

Sorry CCEN but it seems to me that all I've heard is lots of rah-rah, sizzle but no steak!

And I should be one of your easiest converts! I only support Harper 'cuz I think they stink less than the other choices!

What I need, (and I'm certainly NOT the only one!) is specifics, LOTS of specifics!

Let me look at a formal Party Platform list! Not just some vague promises to do good and appeal to everyone but itemized specific stands on as many specific issues as possible. I want to know what a party stands for on military spending, on interprovincial and international trade, on human rights when dealing with foreign countries that are abusers, on Canada's role in space, on immigration, on farm subsidies, on pollution laws versus job creation and protection and many, many more!

The only party that did this was Reform and those party planks were ironed out in workshops of party members. They were BINDING on the leadership! The present CPC shows nothing but rah-rah on their website and so do the Liberals and NDP. To me, that makes them all the same. A smelly bunch with no real public stands or philosophies you can expect or rely on.

As I like to say, I'm a techie. I'm always more concerned with how well something works than how nice it looks. So far you keep telling me your party looks nice!

If you want to seriously garner support you better get a LOT more specific! Canadians have been hearing "rah-rah" for a long time and they have no reason to automatically trust your party to be any different from the disappointments they have been given before.

Remember, the "new kid" is always an unknown commodity. No one wants to give him a chance unless the situation is truly desperate AND they have TOTALLY lost faith with the incumbent choices! Canada is a long way from that situation. Right now the Liberals have far more chance of getting back in power than your party does of being the totally unknown "dark horse" that comes up the middle!

Ask every new member for a $10 membership fee. That will enable you to count up how many serious supporters you can count on! Remember, money talks and BS walks!

Actually we want to be about blue liberalism and red toryism since those are commodities which are needed in today's society and since there are a lot of people who tell me that social progressivism and fiscal responsibility are two areas where people feel they are being ignored and red tories have gone to the greens to be disappointed since they have found out it is just an environmentalist party mainly with centrist ideas on the economy. That is not what we need. We need a party that yes has a strong moderate environmental plan but is strong mostly on the economy.

As far as the Liberals go, they are not competitive all over the country why is that since they have no strong values on law and order, the military, the gun registry, ethics, taxes, poverty, health care and education. They as far as we stand are for nothing right now except getting in power and the NDP and Conservatives on each of our ends could bridge the divide. The Liberals are dead as far as we are concerned and people want a new alternative and if the Liberals won't get serious we will since they have to announce their priorities as often as possible. We think since we are essentially on the Liberals right end and the Conservatives left end we could make sure our policies are moderate and conservatives and supported by the majority of Canadians. That is something that can be guaranteed. Remember one important thing and that is the Liberal name is toxic in Western Canada and some parts of the country now so we feel if they are done and it will take a long time for them to recover we feel we could be that right liberal/left conservative example and alternative.

Thank you and I look forward to a comment on this.

Oh, so two wrongs make a right! Other guys did it so it's ok!

Methinks we just got a peek at how your new party is not so different from the old ones...

What I said has nothing to do with the party I was just stating that it is a similar story so I just posted what I thought had to get posted. Of course I think Bev Oda should resign and the majority of Canadians believe this. Thank you and I look forward to a reply.

Actually we want to be about blue liberalism and red toryism since those are commodities which are needed in today's society and since there are a lot of people who tell me that social progressivism and fiscal responsibility are two areas where people feel they are being ignored and red tories have gone to the greens to be disappointed since they have found out it is just an environmentalist party mainly with centrist ideas on the economy. That is not what we need. We need a party that yes has a strong moderate environmental plan but is strong mostly on the economy.

As far as the Liberals go, they are not competitive all over the country why is that since they have no strong values on law and order, the military, the gun registry, ethics, taxes, poverty, health care and education. They as far as we stand are for nothing right now except getting in power and the NDP and Conservatives on each of our ends could bridge the divide. The Liberals are dead as far as we are concerned and people want a new alternative and if the Liberals won't get serious we will since they have to announce their priorities as often as possible. We think since we are essentially on the Liberals right end and the Conservatives left end we could make sure our policies are moderate and conservatives and supported by the majority of Canadians. That is something that can be guaranteed. Remember one important thing and that is the Liberal name is toxic in Western Canada and some parts of the country now so we feel if they are done and it will take a long time for them to recover we feel we could be that right liberal/left conservative example and alternative.

So do you have a long list of SPECIFICS or don't you?

So do you have a long list of SPECIFICS or don't you?

Well yes but you said even the platform page on this website is not good enough for you if you have read it or not.

The site is: http://centristparty.piczo.com/platform?cr=5

Of course if you read this page I just listed you might be like the people who commented on it and say that I don't list specifics of it is not worded well. I have even heard people say I should get someone to edit it like a professional writer.

Me and the rest of the people in the party have to agree with the rest of the issues but of course we need people to actually get the party created. Remember the most important thing is try to get the electors, the team people and to ensure that all other areas are satisfied and resolved. That is what needs to happen first and then we can get the other stuff.

She is not the first minister to tell a lie under the Harper government. Clements lied about the head of Statistics Canada, agree with him on the long form. Tony, a close personal friend of Harper, so I've read, got away with it and Bev probably thought she could too. OR, she wanted to give the money but Harper told her not too and so that's another reasons he sticking up for her.

Well you brought it up in a Bev Oda thread so reason would dictate you were relating them somehow....

Yes, yes I did; and likely you were too lazy to read or too dense to understand. I am thinking dense:

Possibly, but in today's Twitter and Facebook age all it takes is a really dumb move like Minister Oda and it is out there. Not as a singular force itself, but as part of a compendium. No one needs to make an attack ad about it, but they can certainly mention it in passing... :D

Ah I see. Does what Paulie D had for breakfest gain immediate traction because it goes on Twitter?
Hahahahaaha.

There's a red herring if I've ever seen one. It takes a really special sort of intellect to compare an Egyptian uprising Paulie D breakfast to Bev Oda "lol."

Unexciting news is still unexciting news. Twitter is just an outlet for it. You're a real champion of logical fallacy. Keep up the good work Shwa.

And you are a real champion of the empty strawman Loonbox. Nice try. Now loosen those hockey helmet straps and get on down the hall...

Edited by Shwa

So where are the Red Tories?

Are Mulroney, Clark, Orchard, Charest, Campbell....running again?

It was just about two comments above yours it is the Green Party, some of the Liberals but the majority went to the Conservative Party. You know how their party is CPC people think that PC part of it means that they are the successors to the old PCers but they are neoconservatives and they are not one nation conservatives who govern for the majority of Canadians have an all-of-the-above approach to tackling the debt and deficit including raising taxes on consumption. The PCers were liberal conservatives, one nation conservatives and neoliberalism and believed in small government but not to the detriment of the most vulnerable. Therefore they were progressive on social policy but believed in the private sector being strong on the economy which I am truly in favour of and if Canadians were given this option it would mean a strong moderate conservative party across the country namely in the Maritimes, Quebec and Ontario and BC and would replace Liberal support in Western Canada as the default blue liberal party/red tory party. In answering your question, I think this party is needed to give competition across the country, increase voter turnout, be about middle grounds and compromise, have a strong law and order policy, cut in programs that are not serving the Canadian people but investing in areas that will help the most vulnerable but be done in a way that is fiscally responsible. We also believe in choice for child care, we believe about securing our borders, North and coasts and we also believe in having mandatory minimums while at the same time being about rehabilitation and education programs to ensure that people who did not commit violent or repeat crimes get a second chance and get rehabilitated properly and we also want educational programs to ensure our youth don't get caught in that cycle of crime. We also want to make sure the most vulnerable in society get the help they need.

In terms of health care and education we want those areas to be essential programs which can never be touched. Obviously we want health care to be reformed so it works more efficiently but in some areas we could see expansion to ensure that the poor are covered. We also want to ensure that all people in society have a secure retirement so we want to ensure that the CPP works for everyone and we want to make sure there is a supplementary pension plan for those who wish to not be part of that system or for people wanting to save extra money.

On foreign affairs we believe in a balanced approach and that means we want to ensure that democracy and avoiding war at all costs is part of our agenda. We want to ensure that we have a two state solution on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. We want to make sure that aid is given to troublesome areas and war-torn areas. We believe that war is necessary in certain cases but very rarely. We want bases in Canada to protect certain areas like our North.

We believe in abortion but we need to make incentives to ensure that adoptions happen and so people can adopt children in society.

We believe in gay marriage and tolerance and we are a party that will always speak for acceptance of others.

We believe in peacekeeping as our traditional method of promoting peace. We want to make sure that areas that are the most affected need peacekeepers to help protect the peace and maintain order.

We believe in lower taxes for small and medium sized businesses and we believe small business is the driving force of our economy. For corporate taxes, we think the corporate tax rate needs to be stable and change if we have done enough consultation but of course we want lower taxes for income taxes and small business taxes. The debt means a lot to us and this means that we have to take an all of the above approach to ensuring that debt is paid off.

We think that poverty is something that can deter crime and if money goes into investing in poverty we think that it will pay off in the long run and it can help in reducing crime. We think for crime we need an all-of-the-above approach to tackling it. It must be done responsibly and taxpayer money must be taken into account.

This is what I feel would equal someone who is a blue liberal/red tory and this is what we want to base our party after. We feel many Canadians would choose this party over the ones currently in Ottawa and this party would use these approaches to ensure that we have a better society for everyone.

This party would fall between the two major parties but of course since we are fiscally responsible and socially progressive we think these policies do not have to be set in stone.

Thank you and I look forward to a reply.

Edited by ccen

It is further enhanced by both Stephen Harper abetting and trying to cover this up, and Bev Oda's own lies to try to cover it up.

"The minister was backtracking on previous statements in which she said Kairos had lost its funding because the group's work no longer fit with the Canadian International Development Agency's objectives — suggesting she was acting on her department's recommendation." CP

They should both be in court, the level of deep seeded corruption is being demonstrated in that evil government.

Where has Harper abetted and covered up anything, also read the link re: Bob Rae

We believe in gay marriage and tolerance and we are a party that will always speak for acceptance of others.

I'm glad to see you don't object polygamy marriages.

We believe in peacekeeping as our traditional method of promoting peace.

So did British PM Neville Chamberlain. 40 million died with his help.

We think that poverty is something that can deter crime and if money goes into investing in poverty we think that it will pay off in the long run and it can help in reducing crime.

Mafia and drug dealers are filthy rich. While many people I met In SouthEast Asia were poor yet very nice. Brough up as Buddhists.

I can't really agree with you here. Yes, she got it right, but she didn't have to fudge the documents. I can't even begin to understand why she did. She'd probably have been applauded for the decision itself. Why did she have to be underhanded about it? I already don't trust the government enough.

That seems quite a mystery. It's a decision I'd think she'd want to take credit for. And take a stand against mindless bureaucracy.

Over and above this political reality, what will resonate with many Canadians is that the Treasury has saved $7M, and they will be looking for more of the same.

Actually, my personal experience tells me that bureaucrats often operate blindly and repeat the same steps over and over, year after year, again according to established practices, without much analysis of the fallout of their decisions. "It's just the way we've always done things." Mind you, that's a good cover in itself for the high level bureaucrats involved to proclaim they are not anti-Harper/Conservative.

I would add that a by-product of the Opposition's very public outrage and resulting wide media coverage will only increase the number of taxpayers approving de-funding Kairos.

Well, for the most part bureaucrats don't care too much but there is a public Union which can't tolerate cuts to leftist causes. I doubt there is a sympathizer with Kairos in the bureaucracy that would be interested in seeing this publicized.

I agree the by-product will probably turn out as you predict.

The Liberal's death has been greatly exaggerated...

While Ignatieff is grandstanding in the House against a 7 million dollar saving for Canadian taxpayers by cutting funding to Kairos, what Canadians think is important and want answers from Ignatieff, the next time he is on his feet in the House is

What is Ignatieff's reply to Gilles Duceppe and the Bloc who are demanding $5-billion for Quebec, including $2.2-billion to compensate the province for harmonizing its provincial sales tax with the federal goods and services tax or they will precipitate a 350 million dollar election.

also

Judge Gomery, acting on behalf of Liberal Prime Minister Paul Martin, to get to the bottom of Adscam scandal, found Liberals guilty of stealing 40 million dollars, and ordered them to repay the Canadian taxpayer the money. When can the Canadian taxpayer expect the 40 million dollar

payment?

Ummm, right after Mulroney pays back all the money, cost of inquiries and FALSELY suing Canada he PERSONALLY swindled Canadians out of?

Maybe we should also investigate the meaning of "revenue neutral" on which Moroney took the the Manufacturers (wholesale) Tax and coverted it to the RETAIL BASED GST based on that... How is Canadians paying Billions of dollars MORE out of pocket in TAXES (the biggest Tax Grab in Canadian History especially from the poorest Canadians) "revenue neutral"?

Just askin'...

Now one must give credit where credit is due... Harper is smooth as silk when he does his TAX HIKES... Hell he's so smooth that he got the BLAME for his TAX HIKES directed onto 3 Liberal Provincial leaders... Of course I'm talking about the "REVENUE NEUTRAL" HARMONISED SALES TAX in BC, Ontario and Quebec... Congratulations Mr. Harper, smoothest TAX HIKE yet... Especially when that TAX HIKE allowed you to make it "appear" like you cut taxes by 2% to the GST... :lol: Flim Flam worthy of a master magician... Now you see it now you don't... Moroney taught you very well...

Just sayin'

Edited by GWiz

I can't really agree with you here. Yes, she got it right, but she didn't have to fudge the documents. I can't even begin to understand why she did. She'd probably have been applauded for the decision itself. Why did she have to be underhanded about it? I already don't trust the government enough.

If that is your only concern - why she put the "not" on the document - then this will hopefully explain it for you.....and I'm not sure why this has not gotten more play in the media. It's a statement by Margaret Biggs - the President of CIDA who originally signed the recommendation (my bold). She made this statement at the same meeting that the opposition is accusing Ms. Oda of lying to Parliament.

Ms. Margaret Biggs:

Yes, I think as the minister said, the agency did recommend the project to the minister. She has indicated that. But it was her decision, after due consideration, to not accept the department's advice.

This is quite normal, and I certainly was aware of her decision. The inclusion of the word not is just a simple reflection of what her decision was, and she has been clear. So that's quite normal.

I think we have changed the format for these memos so the minister has a much clearer place to put where she doesn't want to accept the advice, which is her prerogative.

Link: http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=4871931&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=40&Ses=3#Int-3659045

Edited by Keepitsimple

She has to go and she will be gone. Harper thinks everything thru, so today or shortly she will be gone. And lets call this what it is , gender politics, she is a women and a minority, and this bullshit of picking people for who they are and not what they can do has to stop, she is totally incompentent.

Judge Gomery, acting on behalf of Liberal Prime Minister Paul Martin, to get to the bottom of Adscam scandal, found Liberals guilty of stealing 40 million dollars, and ordered them to repay the Canadian taxpayer the money. When can the Canadian taxpayer expect the 40 million dollar

payment?

Is it time to trot out Adscam already???? In my opinion, it's a little early.