Raising the US debt ceiling

Yah still doesn't explain why over 8 years Bush's tax cuts created 10% of the jobs Clintons tax hikes created does it? Clinton increased taxes and he created 23 MILLION jobs while Bush cut them and left with only 2.5 Million more jobs. Not to mention if he was in power for another 5 months he would have left with a record of creating 0 jobs.

US presidents do not create jobs, unless you want to include carpet cleaning in the Oval Office! ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither has the United States, which actually loaned Canadian banks TARP money to avoid default.

Sure it has. Weve been all over this... Google "national bankrupcies" and read about how the US unilaterally changed the terms of the deal it had with the rest of the world. They owed the world gold, but refused to pay instead giving them something else with less value. Only in a fantasy world is that not renegging on an agreement.

Tell you what I will meet you halfway. General tax cuts don't create jobs. How is that?

Fine by me, because the whole job creation mantra has blown up into the Democrat's faces.

Misery index = unemployment rate + inflation....and it's going up:

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/06/17/misery-index-hits-new-high/

Sure it has. Weve been all over this... Google "national bankrupcies" and read about how the US unilaterally changed the terms of the deal it had with the rest of the world. They owed the world gold, but refused to pay instead giving them something else with less value. Only in a fantasy world is that not renegging on an agreement.

The US didn't owe the world dick....your Nixon shock bankruptcy theory is a legend in your own mind.

The US is not bankrupt, but if it ever goes that way, Canada will be the next one down the toilet drain.

The US didn't owe the world dick....your Nixon shock bankruptcy theory is a legend in your own mind.

The US is not bankrupt, but if it ever goes that way, Canada will be the next one down the toilet drain.

As will your way of life. Have fun in your cave.

Yah still doesn't explain why over 8 years Bush's tax cuts created 10% of the jobs Clintons tax hikes created does it?

That's not true. But how does a tax hike create a job? :blink: Be specific. That's like saying pouring water on a fire makes it burn hotter. :rolleyes:

Clinton increased taxes and he created 23 MILLION jobs

Once again, how does a tax hike create a job? And those job numbers aren't counting the same jobs lost after the tech bubble burst. Remember pets.com? :lol:

Clinton was in office under two bubbles. The tech bubble, and the housing bubble. The housing bubble was started by his administration, but luckily for him, didn't burst until he was well out of office. The tech bubble burst right at the end of his administration and towards the beginning of Bush's.

But even Obama stated that raising taxes during a bad economy is about the worst thing that you can do. Even Obama!

That's not true. But how does a tax hike create a job? :blink: Be specific. That's like saying pouring water on a fire makes it burn hotter. :rolleyes:

Once again, how does a tax hike create a job? And those job numbers aren't counting the same jobs lost after the tech bubble burst. Remember pets.com? :lol:

Clinton was in office under two bubbles. The tech bubble, and the housing bubble. The housing bubble was started by his administration, but luckily for him, didn't burst until he was well out of office. The tech bubble burst right at the end of his administration and towards the beginning of Bush's.

But even Obama stated that raising taxes during a bad economy is about the worst thing that you can do. Even Obama!

How about instead you explain to me how the largest growth in US history happened when taxes on the top were 90%? Or how the last time taxes were this low it lead to the great depression Shady? I am just going with history and you are going with "but my brain doesn't think critically or accept facts as evidence." I don't need to explain it although there are plenty of writing you can read yourself. I am just pointing out Clinton raised taxes and guess what? He created more jobs then Reagan and Bush Combined.

Hey know who created more Jobs then Bush to? Carter he had 11 Million jobs created on his watch or roughly 4 times the amount Bush created and he was only in power for 4 years.

Hey, life is pretty good in my cave. You are more worried and concerned about my country than most Americans....I wonder why? Strange.....

Americans need Canadian resources and in particular the product in the tar sands. Canada, on the other hand, has the capacity to provide the product to China and elsewhere. As such it will be damaged but to a lesser extent than the USA.

Edited by pinko

Americans need Canadian resources and in particular the product produced in the tar sands. Canada, on the other hand, has the capacity to provide the product to China and elsewhere.

The tarsands were developed with American and other foreign investment...it flows south because you also lack refining and west-east transport. Canada had the capacity to do very little without major capital investment from somebody else.

Current pipeline construction is headed for Texas....that's in the United States of America.

Americans need Canadian resources and in particular the product in the tar sands. Canada, on the other hand, has the capacity to provide the product to China and elsewhere. As such it will be damaged but to a lesser extent than the USA.

We really don't have the capacity or infrastructure to provide our product else where. That is a very real problem which is why Harper yelling at China for the last 3 years hasn't been very good for diversifying our market like it or not 70% of our exports are to the US. If they go down we go with them because our government has been short sighted and idiotic when it should have not been.

How about instead you explain to me how the largest growth in US history happened when taxes on the top were 90%? Or how the last time taxes were this low it lead to the great depression Shady? I am just going with history and you are going with "but my brain doesn't think critically or accept facts as evidence." I don't need to explain it although there are plenty of writing you can read yourself. I am just pointing out Clinton raised taxes and guess what? He created more jobs then Reagan and Bush Combined.

Hey know who created more Jobs then Bush to? Carter he had 11 Million jobs created on his watch or roughly 4 times the amount Bush created and he was only in power for 4 years.

What's wrong, can't explain the economics behind your premise? Come'on, explain to us all how tax hikes create jobs! :lol:

You sound like the same idiots that ensured us that the HST will create tens of thousands of jobs. :rolleyes:

Let's hear your explaination of how a tax hike creates a job, or STFU.

Edited by Shady

We really don't have the capacity or infrastructure to provide our product else where. That is a very real problem which is why Harper yelling at China for the last 3 years hasn't been very good for diversifying our market like it or not 70% of our exports are to the US. If they go down we go with them because our government has been short sighted and idiotic when it should have not been.

I am inclined to agree with you. Canada is essentially a petrostate. Harper has his head up the ass of the oil and gas industry.

Sure how many jobs did Bushes tax cuts create? Looks to me Bush is in dead last for job creation.

Once again, you're equating the jobs lost due to the recession caused by the housing crisis to tax cuts. How does a tax cut cause job losses? Maybe you can explain that economic premise after you're done explaining your previous one! :lol:

The tarsands were developed with American and other foreign investment...it flows south because you also lack refining and west-east transport. Canada had the capacity to do very little without major capital investment from somebody else.

Current pipeline construction is headed for Texas....that's in the United States of America.

You neglected to mention the huge subsidies provided by government to these American entities.

Canada is essentially a petrostate.

I wish that were true. I wish we had more oil than we do.

Harper has his head up the ass of the oil and gas industry.

Oh I know. To our hard leftwingers and environmentalist extremists, if you're not trying to put the oil and gas industry out of business, you're head is up their ass. :rolleyes:

I wish that were true. I wish we had more oil than we do.

Oh I know. To our hard leftwingers and environmentalist extremists, if you're not trying to put the oil and gas industry out of business, you're head is up their ass. :rolleyes:

Get educated.

Try this

While the country’s debt continues to rise, the federal government is subsidizing oil companies with $1.4 billion per year. This number increases even more if other fossil fuels, such as coal, are factored into the calculation. Along with provincial subsidies, the amount of subsidies provided to fossil fuel companies reached up to $2.84 billion in 2008, according to the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD). However, over half of it ($1.59 billion) is taken in by the Alberta tar sands, the world’s biggest environmental disaster. This is larger than the combined 2008 budgets of Environment Canada ($1.1 billion) and Alberta Environment ($403 million). Annually, the tar sands brings in above $1.2 trillion, yet more than $1.1 trillion of the revenue does not belong to Canadian companies but to foreign-owned companies, five of which are ranked by Fortune magazine in 2010 as being among the top 10 largest in the world.

http://whsword.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/time-to-stop-adding-to-canada%E2%80%99s-56-billion-dollar-debt/

What's wrong, can't explain the economics behind your premise? Come'on, explain to us all how tax hikes create jobs! :lol:

You sound like the same idiots that ensured us that the HST will create tens of thousands of jobs. :rolleyes:

Let's hear your explaination of how a tax hike creates a job, or STFU.

Let me give you some evidence about how tax hikes don't have an effect on the Job market. The US went into depression the last time taxes are as low as they are today and unemployment went up to 20%. The largest growth in the US economy happened when the top tax bracket was around 90%. Here are the top five presidents who created jobs in the last 60 years: Clinton 3 million a year, Carter 2.6 million a year, Johnson 2.3 million a year, Reagan 2 million a year, Nixon 1.7 million a year. Guess who was dead last a job creation? Bush and his tax cuts at 350,000 a year.

Again I show you facts and you laugh at them because you are more of a blind belief kinda guy. There are plenty of theories about how tax cuts don't create jobs I think one of the leading thinks on it was George Bush he called that something like "Voodoo economics". I think your Voodoo goes quite well with your blindness.

Let me give you some evidence about how tax hikes don't have an effect on the Job market. The US went into depression the last time taxes are as low as they are today and unemployment went up to 20%.

The depression wasn't a result of low taxes. Why do you continue to obfuscate?

The largest growth in the US economy happened when the top tax bracket was around 90%.

Are you saying growth would have been smaller if taxes were at 70% instead of 90%? If so, please explain that economic premise. Be specific. Also, are you saying that if Obama raised taxes up to 90%, we'd see strong economic growth? If not, why not?

Also, you still haven't described how tax hikes create jobs. And you still haven't described how low taxes kill jobs. If you're going to put forth these types of economic premises, you're going to have to back them up. So far, you've done nothing.