Raising the US debt ceiling

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you read my posts? They don't exist where I live. Yet houses sell. They do, however, exist in countries worldwide. Even in Winnipeg.

This is a recurring theme....bash America as best they can, only to be shown circumstances in Canada for which they make excuses. I guess Canada's problems can be made to appear less so by comparisons to the USA. This would be consistent with a Canadian identity defined by !American.

This is a recurring theme....bash America as best they can, only to be shown circumstances in Canada for which they make excuses. I guess Canada's problems can be made to appear less so by comparisons to the USA. This would be consistent with a Canadian identity defined by !American.

Actually the recurring theme is for you to spend 8 hours a day trolling for this kind of junk and acting out your bizzare obsession with Canadian anti-Americanism, then when one guy with an axe to grind talks some shit attribute that to the "Canadian Identity".

Youll no doubt respond to this with some retarded non-sequiter about how I work for some American clients :lol: As if that proves some kind of point you think youre making.

Actually the recurring theme is for you to spend 8 hours a day trolling for this kind of junk and acting out your bizzare obsession with Canadian anti-Americanism, then when one guy with an axe to grind talks some shit attribute that to the "Canadian Identity".

I don't know why you/they hate America/Americans, but it is a curious thing and unending source of entertainment. It never runs low on batteries!

Youll no doubt respond to this with some retarded non-sequiter about how I work for some American clients :lol: As if that proves some kind of point you think youre making.

See..I have you so well trained you are hearing my footsteps. Boo!

I don't know why you/they hate America/Americans, but it is a curious thing and unending source of entertainment. It never runs low on batteries!

See..I have you so well trained you are hearing my footsteps. Boo!

I don't know why you/they hate America/Americans

:lol: :lol: :lol:. Youre not talking about me. I dont hate Americans at all. I like them just fine. Youre talking about an imaginary group of people in your head :)

Heres some of my vile anti-americanism in this thread....

Whats more likely though is that the falling dollar will end up helping the US economy. A weaker US dollar will eventually encourage domestic production, and reduce Americas trade defecit. It will also make its exports more attractive.

If the currency collapsed to nothing today, it would be a disaster in a lot of ways... but at the end of the day you still have a nation with hundreds of millions smart and productive people.

Scathing!!! I oughtta be on some kind of watchlist! :rolleyes:

Edited by dre

If someone is an economic failure on a "large income", the fault is their own, not because society is discriminating against their poor disenfranchised minority self. The whole "blacks have felt the recession deeper" line is an idiotic trotting out of the race card with no reason and for no purpose.

:lol:

Please show me this "disproportionate burden" felt by the "Asian community" :lol:

You paternalistic racists that think you have to take care of "minorities" crack me up.

Youre highly confused. I never even mentioned any disproportionate burden. I simply mentioned that your criteria for measuring economic successs is bogus. That makes me a "paternalistic racist"? :lol:

Guest American Woman

Youre talking about an imaginary group of people in your head :)

This is sooo wierd! The "imaginary group of people" in bush_cheney's "head" are visible on my computer, in my world, too! Perhaps they are only visible to Americans? ..... 'I see anti-American people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're anti-American.' :P

Guest American Woman

We have very few gated communities in Winnipeg.

I'm sorry to hear that, considering their popularity there. But don't worry - as I said, Canada just hasn't caught up yet. You'll have more in time....... :)

I'm sorry to hear that, considering their popularity there. But don't worry - as I said, Canada just hasn't caught up yet. You'll have more in time....... :)

Still not sure of your point. Are you suggesting that gated communities are preferred to non gated communities?

Guest American Woman

Still not sure of your point. Are you suggesting that gated communities are preferred to non gated communities?

I'm suggesting that once again, what's presented as something negative in the United States - also exists in Canada. If some Americans like/prefer gated communities, so do some Canadians.

I'm suggesting that once again, what's presented as something negative in the United States - also exists in Canada. If some Americans like/prefer gated communities, so do some Canadians.

That maybe just as some Canadians may prefer non gated communities or life in a rural rather than urban setting.

Youre highly confused. I never even mentioned any disproportionate burden. I simply mentioned that your criteria for measuring economic successs is bogus. That makes me a "paternalistic racist"? :lol:

The disproportionate burden quote was from pinko, not you.

This is sooo wierd! The "imaginary group of people" in bush_cheney's "head" are visible on my computer, in my world, too! Perhaps they are only visible to Americans? ..... 'I see anti-American people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're anti-American.' :P

Perhaps they are only visible to Americans?

No the vast majority of Americans dont see your ghosts either. Everyone knows there IS some Canadian anti-Americanism but theres actually a lot LESS of it in Canada than there is in most other places around the world.

One of you guys tries to play this lame card in almost every thread.

Guest American Woman

No the vast majority of Americans dont see your ghosts either. Everyone knows there IS some Canadian anti-Americanism but theres actually a lot LESS of it in Canada than there is in most other places around the world.

One of you guys tries to play this lame card in almost every thread.

I'm not "playing" any card. I'm responding directly to posts. If you don't see said posts, if you don't read them, fine. But I find it odd that you try to make like they don't exist. Furthermore, I'll respond to said posts if I so desire, as often as I desire.

And for the record, I don't give a crap about "most other places around the world" when I'm not discussing these topics with people from "most other places around the world." "Most other places around the world" aren't our neighbor. "Most other places around the world" aren't as concerned with identifying themselves as "not American" - as their lives are a hundredfold times more like Americans' lives than they will ever be different - as a lot of Canadians are. So the irony doesn't exist with people from "most other places around the world."

That description doesn't fit you? Fine. Then I'm not talking to you - and in case it's escaped you, I rarely respond to any of your posts. And I don't intend to change that any time soon.

But I will say this. I find it odd that you take bush_cheney and I to task - as you make like the anti-American posts don't exist. But do carry on........... :)

I'm not "playing" any card. I'm responding directly to posts. If you don't see said posts, if you don't read them, fine. But I find it odd that you try to make like they don't exist. Furthermore, I'll respond to said posts if I so desire, as often as I desire.

And for the record, I don't give a crap about "most other places around the world" when I'm not discussing these topics with people from "most other places around the world." "Most other places around the world" aren't our neighbor. "Most other places around the world" aren't as concerned with identifying themselves as "not American" - as their lives are a hundredfold times more like Americans' lives than they will ever be different - as a lot of Canadians are. So the irony doesn't exist with people from "most other places around the world."

That description doesn't fit you? Fine. Then I'm not talking to you - and in case it's escaped you, I rarely respond to any of your posts. And I don't intend to change that any time soon.

But I will say this. I find it odd that you take bush_cheney and I to task - as you make like the anti-American posts don't exist. But do carry on........... :)

That description doesn't fit you? Fine. Then I'm not talking to you

The problem is when you decided to wade in I was responding to this...

I don't know why you/they hate America/Americans

I pointed out that I dont hate Americans at all, and that these are simply either paranoid delusions, or part BC's clown routine. You chimed in presumably to help defend America from the rampaging canadian anti-american hordes BC sees when he closes his eyes at night.

And you can reply or not reply to any posts you choose. Its a public forum.

But I will say this. I find it odd that you take bush_cheney and I to task - as you make like the anti-American posts don't exist.

Thats just a rather dishonest strawman.

Edited by dre

No, that wasn't the only "misstatement." You spoke of "minorities" in your claim - you said "minorities are scraping by on less than $6000" - and it's not "minorities." Many minorities are doing quite well, and would resent your generalization.

Oh excuuuuuse me! So what share of the "minority" community, by which, of course, we mean colored folk, do you think Blacks and Hispanics make up? 90% 95%?

Furthermore, not everyone in that income bracket is a "minority." Your claim, as stated, was racist stereotyping IMO.

My claim, as stated, was fine. All you're demonstrating is you're not smart enough to know what racism is.

But you want to know what I have to say about the actual disparity? Look inward - look at your own country. You have plenty to be concerned about. For example, why do you think Toronto has had such a problem with Blacks in gangs and gun violence? Because such disparity doesn't exist in Canada?

:rolleyes:

Because half the population are immigrants from shithole countries, like Jamaica, Haiti, and Guyana.

Visible minority members who are born and grow up in Canada tend to have pretty much the same economic prospects as white Canadians. Why doesn't that happen in the United States?

Did you expect them to be - overnight?

Yes, I expected a relief bounce followed by reality. It seems pretty obvious the market is seeingy this as a political solution, not a real one. Like BC says, nothing has really changed.

Edited by Wilber

I pointed out that I dont hate Americans at all, and that these are simply either paranoid delusions, or part BC's clown routine. You chimed in presumably to help defend America from the rampaging canadian anti-american hordes BC sees when he closes his eyes at night.

Even when I'm awake...I see hateful Canadians! ;)

Why are you/they so angry at people who live just the way you/they do?

Are you still pissed off over Nixon shock? Get over it!