Nation of whimps

PIK

To scared to stand up for ourselves in case we ''offend'' some one. We can't listen to a great song on the radio because of one complaint over the word faggot. Changing the ''N'' word to slave in huck fin ,when that word shows how stupid things were back then, and now iran has the power to tell us what fiLm we can or can not watch. I am so glad harper is PM ,someone with a backbone and for the fool that say he going to turn us into americans, how fucking stupid are you. Harper would be more left then obama, and Obama is more like GW then anyone else.

You do realize that all of the above has happened under Mr.Harper's watch,right?

The same Harper who had so much backbone he said last week that he did'nt want to wade into the Dire Straits lyric business?

Sweatervest Stevie's a real tough guy standing up for Canada...

Edited by Charles Anthony
deleted re-copied Opening Post

You do realize that all of the above has happened under Mr.Harper's watch,right?

The same Harper who had so much backbone he said last week that he did'nt want to wade into the Dire Straits lyric business?

The Inge Hammerstrom of Canadian politics?

Wrong, it was years of liberal goverment filling the bureauracy with..............liberals and it will take time to get those trudeau and chretien people out of there, and since the pool is so small because of the bilingual crap, we are not getting the best people in those jobs.God do we need a con majority. Edited by PIK

Wrong, it was years of liberal goverment filling the bureauracy with..............liberals and it will take time to get those trudeau and chretien people out of there, and sinec the pool is so small becuase of the biligual crap, we are not getting bthe best peole in those jobs.God do we need a con majority.

Fat chance of that happening...

No one wants a Reform style gov't...At least most people East of the Manitoba border...

5 years,and Sweatervest Stevie still ai'nt catching on...There's a reason for that,y'know?

And the fact of the matter is that all the things you've mentioned asd a sign of our Prime Minister in a Tank's "greatness" happened under his watch...

He could'nt,or gutlessly would'nt, even formulate an opinion on the Dire Straits stuff last week..

As always,PseudoToughguy Stevie,standing up for Canada...Again...

And somehow,this is Trudeau's fault??

Are you an oil soaked Albertan,by chance?

Edited by Jack Weber

Fat chance of that happening...

No one wants a Reform style gov't...At least most people East of the Manitoba border...

5 years,and Sweatervest Stevie still ai'nt catching on...There's a reason for that,y'know?

That is because the liberals and the media hung a great job on him getting the idiots to believe he was satan's son. But hey he is still in power, because there is enough canadians with a brain to keep him there and the majority is just around the corner

And that is the strangest thing about our politica.

As bad and horrible the Libs were, the cheating the money laundering etc , Harper still barely registers above them.

Ive said before, if Vanc Canucks beat a Pee Wee team 2-1 , its still a loss for the Canucks. (I used the Leafs last time, but a 2-1 victory would still be a victory if it involves the Leafs)

That is because the liberals and the media hung a great job on him getting the idiots to believe he was satan's son. But hey he is still in power, because there is enough canadians with a brain to keep him there and the majority is just around the corner

Yes...

It's the "liberal" media that's poisoning our brains!!!

Only the real Mensa members,who read the Toronto Sun editorial page,are the ones who really "get it"...

:blink::lol::lol:

And that is the strangest thing about our politica.

As bad and horrible the Libs were, the cheating the money laundering etc , Harper still barely registers above them.

Ive said before, if Vanc Canucks beat a Pee Wee team 2-1 , its still a loss for the Canucks. (I used the Leafs last time, but a 2-1 victory would still be a victory if it involves the Leafs)

That's the real story about DaDa Harper(Mr.Falange's feelings about Sweatervest,not mine!)

No matter how badly the Liberal's are,and they look fairly incompetent,Sweatervest Stevie cannot get that elusive majority...

I wonder why when he "Stands up for Canada" all the time?

Ya after the last few comments I think Canada has a real good chance of remaining as one country(/sarcasm). Yikes there is just as much division now as there was just after the NEP or after the Charlottetown accord.

"In every country where man is free to

think and to speak, differences of opinion

will arise from difference of perception,

and the imperfection of reason; but these

differences when permitted, as in this

happy country, to purify themselves by

free discussion, are but as passing

clouds overspreading our land transiently

and leaving our horizon more bright and

serene." Thomas Jefferson to Benjamin Warring,

1801. Memorial Edition vol. 10, p. 235

Wrong, it was years of liberal goverment filling the bureauracy with..............liberals and it will take time to get those trudeau and chretien people out of there, and since the pool is so small because of the bilingual crap, we are not getting the best people in those jobs.God do we need a con majority.

This is so bizarre. The ruling on "Money for Nothing" was done by the CBSC, a private-sector self-regulating organization set up by the broadcasting industry. The change to Huckleberry Finn is being done by a private-sector publisher in Alabama ( http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/books/publisher-changes-n-word-to-slave-in-new-edition-of-huck-finn/article1858319/ ). Neither is staffed by anyone who was appointed by any Canadian prime minister.

James Moore did make the right decision about the screening of Iranium. However, I don't know who made the original decision at Library and Archives, who hired them, and what role their party affiliation might have played.

Edited by Evening Star

Well, putting aside the fact that this has nothing to do with Canada, aren't you putting yourself into the "whimp" category by using the euphemism "N-word" in place of "nigger"?

Of course I don't use it, that is not the point ,it takes away from what the writer was getting at.To show how bad it was ,using the word slave does not show how the times were,understand what I am getting at? And I guess western world would have been better term to use.Thanks for pointing that out. Edited by PIK

This is so bizarre. The ruling on "Money for Nothing" was done by the CBSC, a private-sector self-regulating organization set up by the broadcasting industry. The change to Huckleberry Finn is being done by a private-sector publisher in Alabama ( http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/books/publisher-changes-n-word-to-slave-in-new-edition-of-huck-finn/article1858319/ ). Neither is staffed by anyone who was appointed by any Canadian prime minister.

James Moore did make the right decision about the screening of Iranium. However, I don't know who made the original decision at Library and Archives, who hired them, and what role their party affiliation might have played.

Who and how are these people hired. Now I may have stepped over the line on what I said,but you have to admit we are not standing up for canadian law or values, by bending over for everyone. By trying to make accomodate every culture or religion ,it is going to end up nobody is happy. Civil wars have started over less and being a country that has not experiance one yet, and filling up it with cultures that have fought and continue to fight for a 1000 years does nothing for us, did our ancesters not come here and build a great country to get away from all that shit all the old country and its ways. We are going backwards now people and it is only going to get worse if we do not stand up and say enough is enough. Edited by PIK

Who and how are these people hired. Now I may have stepped over the line on what I said,but you have to admit we are not standing up for canadian law or values, by bending over for everyone. By trying to make accomodate every culture or religion ,it is going to end up nobody is happy. Civil wars have started over less and being a country that has not experiance one yet, and filling up it with cultures that have fought and continue to fight for a 1000 years does nothing for us, did our ancesters not come here and build a great country to get away from all that shit all the old country and its ways. We are going backwards now people and it is only going to get worse if we do not stand up and say enough is enough.

You still don't get it! The Liberal way is the right way. You have to have a nuanced and balanced approach to these issues. ;)

Except thats not true. So why would anyone have a problem?

Because it doesn't satisfy the dirty appeal to popularity, emotion or association. And it is dirty, as noted by the title of this thread. You belong to the nation, which is a nation of whimps, therefore you are a whimp too. Get upset about already! LOL

This is what I call the weak-minded argument. Usually started by someone who wishes to project their own personal weakness upon a group or, in this case, upon a whole nation.

They'd feel better - and so would their "nation" - if they would get out more and maybe hit the gym more often.

:D

Edited by Shwa