Harper becomes rocker at Xmas party

Topaz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read the friggin lyrics to Imagine for a clue.

JOHN LENNON

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today...

Don't be so sure you've got the exclusive on Lennon, good Dr. Greenthumb! He may not have totally approved of YOU!

"You say you'll change the constitution

Well, you know

We all want to change your head

You tell me it's the institution

Well, you know

You better free you mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao

You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

Don't you know it's gonna be all right

all right, all right

all right, all right, all right

all right, all right, all right "

John was too smart to be just a "one-issue" to the point of mono-mania thinker, like many marijuana activists we know...

<SIDEBAR!>

btw, I've had my guitar for 2 months, and I'm happy to report that I've learned the main -k

Learn to finger pick with as many fingers as is comfortable right from the get-go. It might slow your learning down a bit, but you will really, really appreciate it later.

</SIDEBAR!>

John Lennon lyrics should never cross that fascist's lips. Harper is the exact opposite of everything john Lennon stood for. Harper and his ilk would have liked nothing better than to throw ol John in a prison cell under Bill s-10. What do you think John Lennon would have to say about Harper's G-20 stormtroopers?

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously....

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously....

So what, who takes you seriously?

Harper invoked the memory of John Lennon in order to increase his personal popularity. That may be his right to do so, anyone who knows what John Lennon cared about would have called Mr. Harper a hypocrit and a liar for claiming some kind of kinship with John Lennon.

Vis a vis, mandaTORY sentencing.

"In a famous act of dissension, Lennon wrote and performed a song for imprisoned poet John Sinclair, who was sentenced to 10 years in prison for giving two joints to an undercover narc in 1969.

Lennon sings:

It ain't fair, John Sinclair

In the stir for breathing air

Won't you care for John Sinclair?

In the stir for breathing air

Let him be, set him free

Let him be like you and me

They gave him ten for two

What else can the Judges do?"

Seems very appropos, Mr. Harper. If Lennon were alive, he would say the same things about you.

John Lennon lyrics should never cross that fascist's lips. Harper is the exact opposite of everything john Lennon stood for. Harper and his ilk would have liked nothing better than to throw ol John in a prison cell under Bill s-10. What do you think John Lennon would have to say about Harper's G-20 stormtroopers?

You are right lennon and harper are different, harper is not a drug addict, or a con man, so what if lennon could play music or write songs, he suck you in and made a pile of money doing it. And his little charade in bed naked with his ho, and talk about world peace and again the idiots fell for it. People were saying if lennon were alive would the world be different , not one bit except lennon would just be a little more richer and still acting like a fool.

You are right lennon and harper are different, harper is not a drug addict, or a con man, so what if lennon could play music or write songs, he suck you in and made a pile of money doing it. And his little charade in bed naked with his ho, and talk about world peace and again the idiots fell for it. People were saying if lennon were alive would the world be different , not one bit except lennon would just be a little more richer and still acting like a fool.

Yeah Pik, fuck personal freedom and world peace, and all those drug addict sentiments. What we need is an authoritarian dick-tator who will cater to the already wealthy, and kill more brown people in third world countries.

Heil Harper!

Do you have anything else stupid to say? I don't think you could top your last garbage post. You are not even worthy to live on the same planet that Lennon lived on.

...Harper invoked the memory of John Lennon in order to increase his personal popularity. That may be his right to do so, anyone who knows what John Lennon cared about would have called Mr. Harper a hypocrit and a liar for claiming some kind of kinship with John Lennon....

Well...frankly...I thought the same thing about Mr. Lennon as he urged us to imagine no possessions from the back seat of his chauffeur driven Rolls Royce Phanton V.

So what, who takes you seriously?

Well, certainly not me.

Harper invoked the memory of John Lennon in order to increase his personal popularity.

Yeah, okay. You fit in real well with Drgreenthumb. A pair of rabidly paranoid ideologues who see every single thing the man does as some innate conspiracy to destroy your comfortable liberal world.

He's evil, I tell ya! Evil!

Never mind the man's loved playing music his whole life. Oh, no doubt he plotted that from the cradle, just to increase his chances of taking over the world!

You wierdlings from the far left can't even hear the man sang a song without your eyes bulging and your hair standing on end and you starting to sputter and rant about how evil he is.

Yeah Pik, fuck personal freedom and world peace, and all those drug addict sentiments.

Oh please. Stop mouthing noble sentiments when what really grates you is how little sympathy the man has for irredeemable potheads who just want to lay around smoking weed on welfare. Damn him!

Well, certainly not me.

:D Ok then

You fit in real well with Drgreenthumb. A pair of rabidly paranoid ideologues who see every single thing the man does as some innate conspiracy to destroy your comfortable liberal world.

Worng! I see Harper and the neo-Liberals doing everything they can to destroy my comfortable conservative world.

So now me and Greenthumb are going to smoke a joint... and not share with any of you!

Worng! I see Harper and the neo-Liberals doing everything they can to destroy my comfortable conservative world.

As official spokesperson for conservatism I repudiate you. You are not now, nor have you ever been a conservative. Go drive your rainbow decalled pink car back to Jack Layton's house for some wine and cheese while he chants Marxist slogans.

We all saw Harper sing, well last night at the Tories Xmas party, he became a rocker sing. My first thought was how many drinks did he have? http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/canews-22424922/harper-rocks-out-23401671.html

He did an actual set, so he wasn't likely drinking much. So the guy likes hockey and now it comes out he loves AC/DC. Another nail in the Ignatieff juggernaut.

He seems to have a Thespian side to him. Remember his singing, accompanying himself on the piano, "With a Little Help From my Friends"? Part of what he sang was one of my favorite Canadian rock songs, but little known. It's "Share the Land" by the Guess Who.

Edited by jbg

He seems to have a Thespian side to him. Remember his singing, accompanying himself on the piano, "With a Little Help From my Friends"? Part of what he sang was one of my favorite Canadian rock songs, but little known. It's "Share the Land" by the Guess Who.

"Share the Land" is a little known rock song? What country are you from? Oh, right... :P

With Canadian content rules on radio stations, Share the Land still gets plenty of airplay on the remember-when FM stations. 'Ice Nice' by Saga - now there is a little known rock song by a Canadian band.

Conservatism (Latin: conservare, "to preserve") is a political and social philosophy that promotes the maintenance of traditional institutions and supports, at the most, minimal and gradual change in society. Some conservatives seek to preserve things as they are, emphasizing stability and continuity, while others oppose modernism and seek a return to the way things were. The first established use of the term in a political context was by François-René de Chateaubriand in 1819, following the French Revolution. The term has since been used to describe a wide range of views.

Seymour Martin Lipset wrote that liberals and conservatives "typically do not take alternative positions on issues of equality and freedom. Instead, each side appeals to one or the other core values, as liberals stress egalitarianism‘s primacy and the social injustice that flows from unfettered individualism, while conservatives enshrine individual freedom and the social need for mobility and achievement as values "endangered" by the collectivism inherent in liberal nostrums."

Political science often credits the Irish politician Edmund Burke (who served in the British House of Commons and opposed the French Revolution) with many of the ideas now called conservative. According to Hailsham, a former chairman of the British Conservative Party, "Conservatism is not so much a philosophy as an attitude, a constant force, performing a timeless function in the development of a free society, and corresponding to a deep and permanent requirement of human nature itself."

- me

- me

- me

:D

Well, certainly not me.

Yeah, okay. You fit in real well with Drgreenthumb. A pair of rabidly paranoid ideologues who see every single thing the man does as some innate conspiracy to destroy your comfortable liberal world.

He's evil, I tell ya! Evil!

Never mind the man's loved playing music his whole life. Oh, no doubt he plotted that from the cradle, just to increase his chances of taking over the world!

You wierdlings from the far left can't even hear the man sang a song without your eyes bulging and your hair standing on end and you starting to sputter and rant about how evil he is.

I don't care if he sigs and plays music, good for him, a lot of churches teach music. I don't care if he plays AC/DC even though it has always been one of my favorite bands. What pisses me off is when he plays songs like Imagine, with a certain message, when he totally is against the message of the song. I get high with a little help from my friends? Yeah Harper wants to jail people for that. He should leave the Beatles out of his playlist when he would have gladly imprisoned them all.

I don't care if he sigs and plays music, good for him, a lot of churches teach music. I don't care if he plays AC/DC even though it has always been one of my favorite bands. What pisses me off is when he plays songs like Imagine, with a certain message, when he totally is against the message of the song. I get high with a little help from my friends? Yeah Harper wants to jail people for that. He should leave the Beatles out of his playlist when he would have gladly imprisoned them all.

Take a downer, good Doctor! Get out more! Join with Opus the Penquin and kick the heads off a few ripe dandelions!

I keep looking in the dictionary under 'fanatic' and there's a picture of you slowly forming...

"Share the Land" is a little known rock song? What country are you from? Oh, right... :P

With Canadian content rules on radio stations, Share the Land still gets plenty of airplay on the remember-when FM stations. 'Ice Nice' by Saga - now there is a little known rock song by a Canadian band.

That's because...well...Saga sucks!

That's because...well...Saga sucks!

Naw, their first two albums are most excellent. Then the superstar status they got in Germany and Japan went to their heads. I would have mentioned obscure tunes from Max Webster, but no one outside of Ontario seems to really care who 'Max Webster' is. Toronto Tontos indeed...

What pisses me off is when he plays songs like Imagine, with a certain message, when he totally is against the message of the song. I get high with a little help from my friends? Yeah Harper wants to jail people for that. He should leave the Beatles out of his playlist when he would have gladly imprisoned them all.

Ya don't think he was maybe being just a tad amusingly ironic with that one? Maybe?

Personally, I don't think Harper really cares that much about potheads. But he has a demographic his party is responsible to, and a wary eye on those paranoid yankees to the south.

The Big Giant Head...

Hoisted on his own Big Giant (Rambling) Petard...

Priceless...

:lol::lol:

I suppose I should feel flattered to have a stalker. It'd be cooler if it was more than a yappy poodle with the same old high pitched yip - post after post.