WikiLeaks

Topaz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's more from the UK news. Some of this stuff I read in the past on another blog from the US. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333879/WikiLeaks-Diplomatic-crisis-Americas-secret-cables-published-online.html?ITO=1490

The U.S. branded France's President Nicola Sarkozy an 'emperor with no clothes' with a 'thin-skinned and authoritarian personal style', Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin as an 'alpha dog' and Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as 'Hitler'.

You almost wonder if these morons are in elementary school.

So far it's pretty tepid stuff. The whole episode will likely result in a new round of security measures around emails and so on.

Supposedly there's something about the US referring to Canada's inferiority complex to which I reply: "WHOA ! NO WAY ! The American diplomats are actually talking about little old Canada ?!? AWESOME ! Woo-hoo, we've made the big time !!!"

So far it's pretty tepid stuff. The whole episode will likely result in a new round of security measures around emails and so on.

Supposedly there's something about the US referring to Canada's inferiority complex to which I reply: "WHOA ! NO WAY ! The American diplomats are actually talking about little old Canada ?!? AWESOME ! Woo-hoo, we've made the big time !!!"

Thats actually the part thats interesting... These type of dumps illustrate the extent to which secrecy is abused. The government had no business classifying most of this stuff in the first place.

Origionally we were told that the government needs secrecy for us to have security. That was a huge lie IMO but for whatever reason we accepted the idea. But now its evolved way beyond that. Now the default classification for public information is "secret".

Theres millions and millions and millions of documents pertaining to the publics business that are classified yet have no bearing on national security at all.

I want it ALL released. Every page, except for documents that would compromise active military operations, and those should be released as well once the operation is over.

Thats actually the part thats interesting... These type of dumps illustrate the extent to which secrecy is abused. The government had no business classifying most of this stuff in the first place.

Origionally we were told that the government needs secrecy for us to have security. That was a huge lie IMO but for whatever reason we accepted the idea. But now its evolved way beyond that. Now the default classification for public information is "secret".

Theres millions and millions and millions of documents pertaining to the publics business that are classified yet have no bearing on national security at all.

I want it ALL released. Every page, except for documents that would compromise active military operations, and those should be released as well once the operation is over.

WikiLeaks is an example of technology that seems to arrive at just the right time. The web as the new muckraking tool.

Edited by Michael Hardner

Wikileaks is responsible for revealing the identities of many individuals working NATO in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Wikileaks is directly responsible for putting their lives in much greater danger. All because they wouldn't take the time to properly release these documents.

Think of it as the Valerie Plame situation times 1000. Except these individuals are actually in real danger. As opppose to Plame, who's only danger was receiving a paper cut while gathering papers at her desk.

But I'm glad many of the individuals in the forum that were so outraged at the events that took place regarding her. Are now applauding the same type of thing. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Judging by the fearful reaction of US authorities, in which they had to tell other diplomats to "brace themselves" for the info they expect to be released, they are anticipating some rather uncomfortable information to come out.

Suspect that this early release of info on mainstream media is intended to bore and distract the general public, so that their attention will soon be distracted elsewhere. As it so easily does, in fine propagandist style...

Wikileak? Probably a good and painful transfermation. There is no blessing for the peace makers because there are no peace makers to bless. Diplomatic disaster? I would say it is more of a revelation of the great weakness that has saturated the political world.

DIPLOMATS have one real primary function..that is diplomacy or the art of MAKING FRIENDS.

What Wikileak has revealed is that there are no diplomats left on the planet - Just immature - jerks - back stabbing double talking weasils that have no sense of honesty or honour. How the hell are you going to deal with a man on man situation - when the worlds diplomatic core...is rotten.

They approach those that need to be befriended with quiet sinsiter loathing - disprespect and tacit contempt.

Personally - if a man or woman is dealing in honesty and good faith and RESPECT (mutual co-operation to ensure survival for ALL) - they will have good results...For instance the reason that America and others really have no proper intelligence program to fight terrorism is because the diplomats can not be trusted and no one is talking....once they figure out you have lied once - there is no bridge in place to create a bond.

Wikileak whether by intent or by mischievious means has inadvertanly opened up the most ugly can of worms. NOW there is only one way out - recruit honest and good men and woman to ensure that friendships are created...FIRE every last diplomat that has back stabbed - slandered or insulted - those that they were to embrace in good faith.

Put it simply - IF you send a good man or woman to Iran or North Korea..and that person uses the power of real charm which is love and honesty - YOU will win over the most crazed dictator..they are human beings.

There are two ways to go - one is to lie and slander and betray. The other is to rise above cheese ball base human nature to the SUPER HUMAN NATURE...which means using the talents granted by goodness to bring about good...Why do we have evil bastards trying to make peace....? The answer is simple - they lust for war and dissent - because our diplomats are simply stupid as the papers now show.

Also - to discredit Wikileaks founder by branding him as a sexual deviate will not work...It is so un-imaginative...reminds me of the guys that attempted to discredit J Edgar Hoover...at least they waited till he was dead to show that he had a predisposition to the wearing of ladies undies....Hoover should have been exposed prior to his death and set aside as inept and compromisable...I guess the point is...It is NOT evident that the controller of Wikileaks is a bad guy.

Yes they will say that this situation that is unfolding is bring about danger to diplomats - the reputations of politicans and supposedly our and others military personal...I disagree...If a person is going to bargain in BAD faith - only BAD will result. The truth will make you free - and even if it hurts it is better to suffer some temporary pain than live in constant pain brought about by dishonour and deception...GOOD LUCK world..we have just entered another era...One of Judgement...and once that is done - IT is off to greener pastures - stabilty and peace...and peace can NOT be stopped..because it is a positive force!

Suspect that this early release of info on mainstream media is intended to bore and distract the general public, so that their attention will soon be distracted elsewhere. As it so easily does, in fine propagandist style.
I find it interesting that the media is so ready to report the details of these private messages which haven't even been seen yet when the climategate emails came out they ignored them. In fact, the NYT reporter Andrew Revkin stated quite explicitly about the ClimateGate emails:

"The documents appear to have been acquired illegally and contain all manner of private information and statements that were never intended for the public eye, so they won't be posted here."

So get set for an MSM orgy of hypocrisy. It should be a reminder to all that MSM journalists, editors and publishers feel it is their duty to manipulate news coverage in a way that suits their ideological leanings.

I find it interesting that the media is so ready to report the details of these private messages which haven't even been seen yet when the climategate emails came out they ignored them. In fact, the NYT reporter Andrew Revkin stated quite explicitly about the ClimateGate emails:

"The documents appear to have been acquired illegally and contain all manner of private information and statements that were never intended for the public eye, so they won't be posted here."

So get set for an MSM orgy of hypocrisy. It should be a reminder to all that MSM journalists, editors and publishers feel it is their duty to manipulate news coverage in a way that suits their ideological leanings.

I thought the emails were posted in the NYT. Maybe Revkin wa just talking about his column ?

I thought the emails were posted in the NYT. Maybe Revkin wa just talking about his column ?
No there were not. NYT, GM and MSM publications took the same position as Revkin. Hypocrites to the core. Their only journalistic prinicipal they have is to spin the news in the way that suits their ideological preferences. Edited by TimG

No there were not. NYT, GM and MSM publications took the same position as Revkin. Hypocrites to the core. Their only journalistic prinicipal they have is to spin the news in the way that suits their ideological preferences.

I would tend to agree. How can they print stolen government papers on one hand, and not emails on the other ? It would be hard to rationalize that. Does anybody know of any such rationale ?

I would tend to agree. How can they print stolen government papers on one hand, and not emails on the other ? It would be had to rationalize that. Does anybody know of any such rationale ?
The comparisons were drawn to the pentagon papers at the time. The rationalization offered was scientists are private citizens and therefore entitled to privacy. The pentagon papers were government documents and therefore the public had a right to know.

But this is just an exercise in rationalizing a position they wanted to take in advance.

Edited by TimG

The comparisons were drawn to the pentagon papers at the time. The rationalization offered was scientists are private citizens and therefore entitled to privacy. The pentagon papers were government documents and therefore the public had a right to know.

But this is just an exercise in rationalizing a position they wanted to take in advance.

You can see the hyprocrasy in the coverage already.

I concur. If the scientists were using a university email address, and talking about university business then it's the same thing as the Pentagon Papers as far as I can see.

I concur. If the scientists were using a university email address, and talking about university business then it's the same thing as the Pentagon Papers as far as I can see.

Glad to hear.

You can see the hyprocrasy in the coverage in other ways. We do not know how the dipolamtic wires got out. It is possible it was an external hack or a theft of a government computer. But the narrative being peddled by the MSM is it was a leak. With climategate the same lack of information existed but the MSM insisted on claiming the emails were 'stolen'/'illegally acquired'.