When is sexual harrassment an expectation

Argus

Meaning there is no such thing as "bad behavior" if the NFL and an employer approves of it? They are the ultimate arbitrators of what constitutes good behavior in society? Those who believe in responsibility and self respect need not apply? God help us.

Canadian and American networks are a little less transparent about what they're selling, but things are apparently a little different in Mexico.

What it comes down to is this: TV Azteca, and the NFL, and the men in that locker-room all benefit from Ines Sainz using her ass to market their product. She is helping pay their rent. If they have a problem with it, they should revise their policies accordingly. If not, they should thank the lady and let her do her job.

Who says they should wear house dresses? A woman who knows how to dress can look damn good in business wear.

Sure. And Canadian and American networks tend to at least have their eye-candy dress like grown-ups when they're on the job.

Seems to me that if an employer requires her to dress like that in order to go into a men's locker room, that should be a much larger issue than the reaction she gets when she does it. Particularly for other women.

I dunno. I don't think it's terribly mystifying what's going on. Sara Orlesky wears more clothes, but do people really think she's TSN's sidelines reporter because of her football insight and crafty interviewing skills?

That Ines Sainz and women like her are handed opportunities that the rest of us don't have is hardly news to most women.

-k

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should check the web images for Ines Sainz, she's selling her butt just as any hooker does...this not an objective sports journalist looking for a story the attraction is her and her alone, she's selling her body just as any centerfold does and that's why she was hired...walking into a dressing room full of naked men the reaction from those men should be anticipated, she's selling her ass and they're buying...it's like a hooker complaining about the suggestive remarks from male clients...

Like Chappelle says...

She might not be a whore...But she's wearing a whore's uniform....

If ya' wanna play the game that way,don't be surprised if it gets played back on ya'!

Edited by Jack Weber

A while ago all the sports leagues changed the rules in the name of "equality" to allow women into the locker room even when the men were changing (note; this noble egalitarian appreciation of gender neutrality most certainly does NOT exist in womens sports leagues, where men may not enter any rooms where women are undressing).

This Washington Post reporter has clears up some misconceptions about locker-rooms and privacy:

Uh, male reporters are allowed in WNBA locker rooms.

To repeat, MALE REPORTERS ARE ALLOWED IN WNBA LOCKER ROOMS. They're there to, you know, do their jobs. Not to pick up dates or stare at women. To quote from Ann Killion:

The WNBA -- the playoffs are going on right now -- has the same rules as the NBA. Open locker rooms at designated times. In the NCAA tournament, the same rules govern both men and women's locker rooms -- they're both open at specific times. During the regular season, NCAA institutions can make their own rules about locker room availability, but during the tournament the NCAA has a uniform policy. When Stanford played UConn in last April's championship, if you wanted to see how devastated Jayne Appel was after her terrible shooting night, you needed to be in the locker room. I was there. So were my male colleagues.

So you can argue all you'd like about inviting reporters into locker rooms, but please don't say there's a double standard.

NOTE: Some of you point out that the women aren't technically naked in these WNBA locker rooms. That's besides the point. No one is forcing NFL players to disrobe in front of the media. The locker room is open, and they're choosing to get naked.

(...)

After NFL games, there is a 10-minute cooling off period, during which the locker room is closed to the media. This period often lasts longer, sometimes significantly so. By the time we enter the room, some players -- often including Chris Cooley, for example -- are already showered and changed. There is also a private training room for players who'd like more privacy, plus the shower area.

Last Sunday, for example, Clinton Portis never appeared in the public areas of the Redskins' locker room, as far as I could tell. No one saw his package. Not one reporter.

(...)

Also, some players choose to do all their interviews while still in their game uniforms, and then shower and change after the locker room empties. Andre Carter, for example, generally sits at his stall and does every single interview while still in football clothes, and only then goes to shower after the reporters are gone.

So if you're a shy type and you don't want to be seen naked, it's very, very easy to avoid.

-k

What it comes down to is this: TV Azteca, and the NFL, and the men in that locker-room all benefit from Ines Sainz using her ass to market their product. She is helping pay their rent. If they have a problem with it, they should revise their policies accordingly. If not, they should thank the lady and let her do her job.

Exactly, it's about someone selling their ass. In other circles there is a name for that as well as names for the people they work for and their customers. So maybe what happened in that room was just honesty for a change.

Exactly, it's about someone selling their ass. In other circles there is a name for that as well as names for the people they work for and their customers. So maybe what happened in that room was just honesty for a change.

Wow. It IS 2010, people know that right ? Sexual Harassment is unacceptable, whether you're a nurse or a waitress at Hooters. Sorry.

I wouldn't talk disrespectfully to a hooker either.

But then, I like women.

who said anyhting abour disrespect I have no issues with hookers they understand the game, you don't...

I'd be surprised if you ever had sex...

I'm not gay, but it's interesting that you use the term as a method of insult.

Did you know that homophobes are pathetic losers?

What's wrong with our gay brothers and sisters, Wyly? come on, spell it out; educate us. Don't be chicken.

where was the insult, I speculated you were gay it was a resonable assumption...I have no issues with gays, I'm often over at my gay friends home...
:) Oh sure, it takes tremendous courage to make suggestive comments. O the bravery!

You don't even believe what you're typing here, Wyly. You don't believe what you're saying.

Of course it'd be normal to feel hot and excited. I'm talking about controlling one's behaviour.

Is it that you have literacy issues, and can't read? Or is that controlling your behaviour is mysterious and impossible? Can't control your behaviour, Wyly? what the fuck's wrong with you?

I have absolute control that's why I was always popular with the ladies, knowing what to say and when to say it...the ladies all like the bad boys...
The only impotence we're seeing around her is that of your intelligence.
:lol: eeeww I hit a nerve with the limp dick remark :lol: :lol:

Wow. It IS 2010, people know that right ? Sexual Harassment is unacceptable, whether you're a nurse or a waitress at Hooters. Sorry.

hmmm last time I was at Hooters lewd(but good natured) comments was still part of the daily banter all in good fun and the ladies play along...there is a difference between harassment and sexual banter, it's all in how it's delivered and recieved...

hmmm last time I was at Hooters lewd(but good natured) comments was still part of the daily banter all in good fun and the ladies play along...there is a difference between harassment and sexual banter, it's all in how it's delivered and recieved...

In my professional life, the most amusing and light moments I recall of exchanges between men and women colleagues are those that had double entendre, that is, words or expressions capable of two interpretations with one usually risqué. No offence was intended and none was taken. It was just normal repartee at a more innocent and less stressful time.

I'm reminded of this famous Mae West jewel. "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" :lol:

But if Sainz is the 'ho here, then the guys in the locker-room, and the NFL, and TV Azteca, are the pimps. And the guy at home in front of his television is the John. Present company excluded, of course.

-k

But if Sainz is the 'ho here, then the guys in the locker-room, and the NFL, and TV Azteca, are the pimps. And the guy at home in front of his television is the John. Present company excluded, of course.

-k

You got it. I don't watch the locker room stuff no matter who is doing it. But that isn't the reason, it just doesn't interest me very much.

who said anyhting abour disrespect I have no issues with hookers they understand the game, you don't...

It's not a game for them. It's a profession. As human beings, they deserve respect.

I'd be surprised if you ever had sex...

A lot of people would be confused if I hadn't. Not least the three children with my astonishing good looks. And since I don't have a brother, I'm convinced of the parentage.

Exactly. I agree completely.

And when a woman complains about it, it must be considered possible that it has then left the arena of being good-natured. It can be a subtle matter, I fully concede.

Edited by bloodyminded