Hiroshima & Nagasaki - On the 65th Anniversary of Nagasaki

jbg

Eyeball is making an absolutely terrible case for it, but a system which puts more of the decisions of government in the direct hands of voters via referendums makes sense to me. Obviously, some things need to be protected by a constitution which is much harder to change (i.e. rights), and other things need to be decided quickly and/or securely (i.e. military/foreign affairs matters), but there are many other decisions which can be placed in the hands of people.

My position is no different than what you've just stated at all. You just don't want it used on the particular issue I'm making it around is all.

In the meantime we can afford the time it takes to think about and vote on who our allies should be.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the meantime we can afford the time it takes to think about and vote on who our allies should be.

That's simple, whoever can best help us if we are attacked.

As Churchill famously said of the British alliance with Stalin "If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons."

Edited by ToadBrother

As Churchill famously said of the British alliance with Stalin "If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons."

Be fair don't confuse the eyeball with the logic of Mr. Churchill.

Stop that immediately!!!!

If Lictor reads this,and he might show up under his many pseudonyms,he's going to tell us all what a tragic and horrible mistake it was that the Allies sided with Stalin...

If Lictor reads this,and he might show up under his many pseudonyms,he's going to tell us all what a tragic and horrible mistake it was that the Allies sided with Stalin...
The mistake wasn't in siding with Stalin temporarily. The mistake was giving him anything more than the U.S.S.R.'s continued independence. There was no reason other than Roosvelt's addled brain to throw Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary etc. under the bus. Maybe Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia were beyond salvation in that they were occupied early on and even since their new independence have not been a model of stability (though I still want them to stay independent).