Video Evidence of NAACP racism

If all this is over an edited video, why would she not have even tried to defend herself and keep the position? Clearly, she felt there must have been sufficient evidence of racism that trying to mount a defense would be hopeless, so she "resigned".

Who knows how many more instances of "not helping whites as much as she could" would have been found if investigators started digging through records.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all this is over an edited video, why would she not have even tried to defend herself and keep the position? Clearly, she felt there must have been sufficient evidence of racism that trying to mount a defense would be hopeless, so she "resigned".

Who knows how many more instances of "not helping whites as much as she could" would have been found if investigators started digging through records.

Or she resigned to have a better case for damages in court when she sues in court. BTW she helped that white farmer in the end. It is like you didn't read anything in this thread.

It's not doctored. It's 3 unedited minutes of her talking. Spin, spin, spin.

I wouldn't call her race baiting. But definitely racist.

Wrong Shady...

Please watch it again from 1:45 onward until Mr.Breitbart cut's the film...It sounds as if she's realized something and was explaining her change of heart,but then Mr.Breitbart ends everything to satisfy folks like you and Licky...

We noe have evidence ,from the wife of this oppressed farmer that Ms.Sherrod actually did precisely what she was supposed to do...So much so the farmers wife is defending her!

The only race baiter,besides you and lictor,is Mr.Breitbart who clearly has an agenda to promote.In this case,it was a tit for tat thing because one of his beloved Tea Party "patriots" was found out to be overtly bigoted...But I've heared that there is no racial animous in the Tea Party moovement at all!

Remember Shady,you're siding with Lictor here...This is a white supremecist who thinks we should have sided with the NAZI's in WW2.He thinks that resegregating blacks in the US is perfectly acceptable.Barring that,he has promoted some obscure Langer/Lincoln Plan to repatriate Blacks to Africa...

Think about that for a moment and ask yourself why he started this thread....

Edited by Jack Weber

Or she resigned to have a better case for damages in court when she sues in court. BTW she helped that white farmer in the end. It is like you didn't read anything in this thread.

I never disputed that she helped him. However, she said herself that she didn't want to help him as much, at least not at first. Additionally, if this particular case was her "epiphany" as was claimed, where she realized that the true divide is between rich and poor, not white and black, then what about all the hundreds or thousands of cases she must have processed before that? How many whites had she dealt with before this particular white farmer that so moved her? How many of them got shafted because she was a racist that had not yet had this supposed revelation?

Well she resigned so not sure about Wrongful Dismissal. However I have read rumors that a legal fund might be in the works to sue Brietbart and Fox. I hope that is true and that Obama rehires her.

I'l bet it was one of those,"Either resign or you're fired!" type of things...

I never disputed that she helped him. However, she said herself that she didn't want to help him as much, at least not at first. Additionally, if this particular case was her "epiphany" as was claimed, where she realized that the true divide is between rich and poor, not white and black, then what about all the hundreds or thousands of cases she must have processed before that? How many whites had she dealt with before this particular white farmer that so moved her? How many of them got shafted because she was a racist that had not yet had this supposed revelation?

Well considering this took place 24 years ago and she was hired 24 years ago to do that job, then none. It seems this was her first such case and she realized skin colour doesn't matter. That was the whole point of the story, she was taught something growing up got a job and saw in that job that all types of people need help. The last part is the part that was edited out of the video.

I'l bet it was one of those,"Either resign or you're fired!" type of things...

I'm actually coming around to your way of thinking. From what I've now read and heard, she may definitely have a case of wrongful dismissal. Apparently the told her to pull over during her drive, and resign over the phone.

I'm actually coming around to your way of thinking. From what I've now read and heard, she may definitely have a case of wrongful dismissal. Apparently the told her to pull over during her drive, and resign over the phone.

Back peddling just like fox. It is no longer her fault it is Obama's. Shady likes that cause it gives him a chance to rail against Obama never mind the lying right wing media Shady loves.

Back peddling just like fox. It is no longer her fault it is Obama's. Shady likes that cause it gives him a chance to rail against Obama never mind the lying right wing media Shady loves.

Wrong. I still think what she said was racist. And I still think the audience clapping for that part is pretty disturbing. However, you're absolutely right about Obama. They handled it about as bad as it could be handled.

Wrong. I still think what she said was racist. And I still think the audience clapping for that part is pretty disturbing. However, you're absolutely right about Obama. They handled it about as bad as it could be handled.

Gotcha she is a racist but Obama(who didn't do anything) shouldn't have fired her because?.?.? I really don't follow any of your dumb its Obamas fault spin. It is the liars like you fault this happened in the first place. Keep editing those videos though.

Keep editing those videos though.

Keep lying about the video. It wasn't edited. It's 3 straight minutes of her talking. First she says she didn't do all she could do. Then when interviewed she said she did. Why did she say she didn't the first time?

Guest TrueMetis

Keep lying about the video. It wasn't edited. It's 3 straight minutes of her talking. First she says she didn't do all she could do. Then when interviewed she said she did. Why did she say she didn't the first time?

edit

1.a. To prepare (written material) for publication or presentation, as by correcting, revising, or adapting.

b. To prepare an edition of for publication: edit a collection of short stories.

c. To modify or adapt so as to make suitable or acceptable: edited her remarks for presentation to a younger audience.

2. To supervise the publication of (a newspaper or magazine, for example).

3. To assemble the components of (a film or soundtrack, for example), as by cutting and splicing.

4. To eliminate; delete: edited the best scene out.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/edit

It was edited.

Glenn Beck calls a spade a spade and says the tape was edited. Shady you are behind on the right wing media on this one.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/07/glenn_beck_defends_shirley_sherrod_its_possible_th.php?ref=fpa

Not it wasn't. It was 3 minutes of unedited video of her speech.

But out of context as Glenn Beck says LOL never thought I would type those words.

"taking a videotape of me at an AA meeting where I say, 'And you know what, I have to tell you something. I was drunk everyday. I was completely out of control," and stopping the tape before he said he found Jesus.

Sorry edited.

But out of context as Glenn Beck says LOL never thought I would type those words.

I agree it wasn't in full context.

Sorry edited.

Nope. There are no edits within the 3 minutes. Like I've already said, which is fact. It's 3 minutes of unedited, uninterrupted video of her speech.

I agree it wasn't in full context.

Nope. There are no edits within the 3 minutes. Like I've already said, which is fact. It's 3 minutes of unedited, uninterrupted video of her speech.

Yeah that means it was CUT or EDITED before she made her point that racism is wrong and she learned that.