The New Black Panthers/Voter Intimidation

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't this story be covered by all media outlets?

It should have been. Especially since a DOJ attorney recently testified in front of a civil rights board regarding this very issue. But apparently all whistle-blowers aren't equal in the eyes of the mainstream media.

One suspects that had white "bubbas" in Confederacy t-shirts carrying baseball bats shown up around poling stations to heckle black voters, the media reaction-- and legal response-- would have been quite different.

-k

One suspects that had white "bubbas" in Confederacy t-shirts carrying baseball bats shown up around poling stations to heckle black voters, the media reaction-- and legal response-- would have been quite different.

-k

Sure. Because most people quite rationally recognize that there is a difference. Under your scenario, those who have been part of the far more powerful and brutal sectors would be screaming to retain the historical power that is theirs by "right."

The difference is huge...because the difference is institutional.

Certainly the Panthers are thugs, but there is no comparison between the existing situation and the hypothetical.

Whitey is not being oppressed by black people.

Edited by bloodyminded

What a surprise! The right wing propaganda source is trying to instill more fear in their white suburban audience. They go after Blacks and Latinos before going back to beating the drum for supporting foreign wars to fight the Arabs. Does Faux News ever do stories about the real security threats on American soil...right wing militias?

-k

They don't usually need to! They have local Republican officials to remove large numbers of voters from black neighbourhoods....that usually does the job down South.

Sure. Because most people quite rationally recognize that there is a difference. Under your scenario, those who have been part of the far more powerful and brutal sectors would be screaming to retain the historical power that is theirs by "right."

Certainly the Panthers are thugs, but there is no comparison between the existing situation and the hypothetical.

This "difference" is completely irrelevant. Voter intimidation should not happen, regardless of the race of the perpetrators. Criminals should be persecuted regardless of their race. Anything else is blatantly racist nonsense.

This "difference" is completely irrelevant. Voter intimidation should not happen, regardless of the race of the perpetrators. Criminals should be persecuted regardless of their race. Anything else is blatantly racist nonsense.

Of course criminals should be prosecuted regardless of race. To imply that I'm saying otherwise is to distract from what I DID say, which I consider a little irritating.

I make a distinction about racism as an institutional phenomenon...and your response implies that I don't think the criminals should be prosecuted!

After inventing this "fact" out of whole cloth--completely and 100% divorced from anything I've said or implied--you go on to call your own caricature of my views as "racist."

Well, perhaps your caricature IS racist. Fortunately, it has nothing to do with me in any way.

Edited by bloodyminded

What a surprise! The right wing propaganda source is trying to instill more fear in their white suburban audience. They go after Blacks and Latinos before going back to beating the drum for supporting foreign wars to fight the Arabs. Does Faux News ever do stories about the real security threats on American soil...right wing militias?

I knew someone would get all over Fox News for presenting this story. This is an important story that all Americans should be aware of. That is why Fox News is necessary; they provide stories that doesn't tow the line of the MSM (NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN)agenda. Voter intimidation is wrong. WIP, do you have footage of right wing militias engaging in voter intimidation?

I make a distinction about racism as an institutional phenomenon

But it doesn't matter. Nobody can do what they did. It's against the law. It has nothing to do with institutional this and phenomenon that. It's the current law. They broke the law.

This is one of the individuals in which the DOJ decided not to prosecute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5H1mHea9Hk

If someone was harrassed by a paramilitary-looking goon with a weapon as they approached the polling station, then certainly they were oppressed.

-k

Speaking of hate in America, here is a good example. Hate shows itself in many ways.

I dun't know, I think this is pretty run-of-the-mill hate, banal and stupid. Messages like this lunatic's are not likely to catch on. In the video, all we saw were people, including black people, ignoring the man's rantings as he asked "what's wrong with you?", berating a black man for having a white girlfriend, and general, obvious disaffection for everything he was saying.

It's certainly not as serious as the White Supremacist hate movement.

But it doesn't matter.

Of course it matters.

Nobody can do what they did. It's against the law.

I agree completely, and have stated as such.

Why are you pretending that we disagree on the obvious...after I've said that I agree with the obvious?

It has nothing to do with institutional this and phenomenon that.

No, not if we're drooling little simpletons who are hostile to thought...then, institutional factors and history are irrelevant.

It's the current law. They broke the law.

And again. No shit. Did you know that soy is present in a lot of prepared foodstuffs? That there are strong links between smoking and health problems? That we get heat and light from the sun?

You don't need to convince me of these, either. I'm already on board.

I dun't know, I think this is pretty run-of-the-mill hate, banal and stupid. Messages like this lunatic's are not likely to catch on. In the video, all we saw were people, including black people, ignoring the man's rantings as he asked "what's wrong with you?", berating a black man for having a white girlfriend, and general, obvious disaffection for everything he was saying.

It's certainly not as serious as the White Supremacist hate movement.

I would say this hate movement is equally as serious as the white supremacist hate movement.

Here in this very thread we see the lefties demonstrating why the left is out of touch. A thug intimidates voters but it's no big deal because he's a black thug and besides, the KKK blah blah blah. Fox covered the story so it doesn't count. I simply don't understand this mindset.

I would say this hate movement is equally as serious as the white supremacist hate movement.

I agree. Especially when you have people, like in this forum, either giving them a pass, or downplaying their hate. It only gives them more freedom to spread and grow.

Interesting situation happening. Shouldn't this story be covered by all media outlets?

race drives the DOJ....

durrr really!!

Everything in north america is based up this simple mindset: white=bad, black=good

Blacks are permitted to be racial advocates for their own race, while whites attempting to do likewise get imprisoned or dubbed "hate criminals". The media repeatedly, incessantly make excuses for blacks whenever they behave like... well... blacks, and the media emphasize and sensationalize crimes made by whites...

Its quite simple...

The Jena 6? The Byrd Dragging Death vs the Patricia Stansfield case? THe Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsome? the Duke Case?

Here in this very thread we see the lefties demonstrating why the left is out of touch.

Well, the Right certainly lacks the intelligence or ability to demonstrate it.

A thug intimidates voters but it's no big deal because he's a black thug and besides, the KKK blah blah blah.

I'm not talking about the KKK, who are an increasingly trivial component of a much larger, younger, more savvy movement.

Edited by bloodyminded