56% of Canadians are anti-semites!

Why? Because..

In this International BBC Poll:

27% of Canadians have a positive view of Israel, while 56% have a negative.

This a big contrast to the United States where, 41% have a positive view of Israel and 33% a negative view.

Israel is viewed quite negatively in the world, possibly because the poll was conducted less than six months following the Israel/Hezbollah war in Lebanon. On average, 56 percent have a mainly negative view of the country, and just 17 percent have a positive view, the least positive rating for any country evaluated. In 23 countries the most common view was negative, with only two leaning towards a positive view and two divided.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is'nt it time for you to take a vacation...Ya' know....At a place...

Let's not call it a facilty,because that has ugly connotations...

Just a nice,calm place where you can get your thoughts and mind together?

I have a suspicion that you are not part of the 56% anti-semite Canadians.

Why is this surprising? We've got a huge Arab and Muslim population, and it's growing - we know that they hate Israel, by and large. Furthermore, we know Canada is very left-leaning ideologically, and this is also reflected in our media. I don't know which came first, media bias or public opinion (obviously they each influence the other), but in Canada I see equality on the anti-Israel bias is between media reporting and public opinion. In other words, Canadian media and Canadian public opinion are predominantly anti-Israel and predominantly ignorant. The vast majority of comments I read on the CBC website (to say nothing of the articles, themselves), for example, are virulently anti-Israel, anti-semitic, and full of ignorance.

Edited by Bob

Is'nt it time for you to take a vacation...Ya' know....At a place...

Let's not call it a facilty,because that has ugly connotations...

Just a nice,calm place where you can get your thoughts and mind together?

Thing is... shes posting topics on a subject shes obviously interested in. Youre writing posts about HER, and quite a few of them. Just sayin... not sure what kind of position youre in to tell others theyre wasting their time.

Why is this surprising? We've got a huge Arab and Muslim population, and it's growing - we know that they hate Israel, by and large. Furthermore, we know Canada is very left-leaning ideologically, and this is also reflected in our media. I don't know which came first, media bias or public opinion (obviously they each influence the other), but in Canada I see equality on the anti-Israel bias is between media reporting and public opinion. In other words, Canadian media and Canadian public opinion are predominantly anti-Israel and predominantly ignorant. The vast majority of comments I read on the CBC website (to say nothing of the articles, themselves), for example, are virulently anti-Israel, anti-semitic, and full of ignorance.

The vast majority of comments I read on the CBC website (to say nothing of the articles, themselves), for example, are virulently anti-Israel, anti-semitic, and full of ignorance.

Sweet. Link us to some anti semetic CBC material... then we can demonstrate for about the tenth time that you dont even know what the word means.

Edited by dre

You're suspicions(paranoia) would be correct...

My cousins go to Anshe Shalom synygogue in Hamilton,Ont.

That's quite odd. We could be related.

So what do you think of the 56% Canadians who have a negative view of Israel?

Related by marriage?

I think alot of people don't like people being tough in a tough region...

Iran has been listed second to Israel with the second most negative view by the world.

Edited by naomiglover

That's like asking the question celebrities ask all the time...

"Do you know who I am?"

The standard answer to both is,if you have to ask that question,you already know the answer...

No really.

Am I crazy for criticizing Israel?

For speaking out against censoring criticism of Israel?

For speaking about the influence of the Israeli lobby in Canada?

Are those crazy topics to discuss?

No really.

Am I crazy for criticizing Israel?

For speaking out against censoring criticism of Israel?

For speaking about the influence of the Israeli lobby in Canada?

Are those crazy topics to discuss?

Really..

The answer to your craziness lies in the questions above...

Let's see if you can find it...

Edited by Jack Weber

Guest American Woman

Thing is... shes posting topics on a subject shes obviously interested in.

I'm genuinely curious. If a person were interested in criticizing Islam, if that were the subject they were interested in, and someone called them on the bajillion threads they started about every negative "topic" there is about Muslims/Islam, along with the myriad of posts they made on the subject, would you defend them and respond with "they are posting topics on a subject they are obviously interested in?"

The way I see it, if someone is interested in only on subject, perhaps they should be limited on the number of threads they can start on that topic within a certain time frame. Seems to me that would make for a more balanced, well-rounded board rather as opposed to a board with tons of threads on the same topic started by one poster.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way. And again, I'm referring to any single poster starting numerous threads on one subject. I've commented on others regarding this behavior, none who have reached this level, so I'm not singling her out.

But right now it's 'another day, another series of threads by naomiglover criticizing Israel.' I wonder how many new threads we need on one subject. I feel as if it gets to the point where other discussions/topics are purposely being buried as certain forums within the board are dominated by criticizing Israel.

As it stands, this board is beginning to feel more and more like an "anti-Israel" propaganda board than a political board, and I'm starting to lose interest fast. I'm genuinely interested in how others feel; if they feel my comments/observations have any merit.

Edited by American Woman

Thing is... shes posting topics on a subject shes obviously interested in.

Topics? What topics? I see one topic with fifteen different threads. They're all so similar that it's impossible for me to even remember which one I answered which post in.

There is no reason this idiotic poll post couldn't be in one of the other threads. It certainly doesn't deserve it's own. So a lot of people have negative thoughts about Israel. So what?

Here's a thought for the naomiglovers of the world who seek to reassure themselves that anyone who is critical of Israel gets labeled an anti-Semite. It's not true.

Most Canadians who are consistently critical of Israel are simply ignorant, stupid, or both. But of course, as I've said before, while not everyone who hates Israel is an anti-Semite, all anti-Semites hate Israel.

Edited by Argus