What exactly is the blockade of Gaza?

tell me about these 'Minor' violations of international law. What makes them so 'Minor'?

What makes them minor is their scale relative to the violations of international law committed by other regimes, which incidentally seem to get much less attention than Israel. Israel's violations are on the scale of, "oh we used some munition that happens to not be on the approved list anymore", or, "we boarded some ship a few km out of the area in which we legally should have boarded it". Other nations violate international law on the scale of killing people by the millions. That's what makes them minor.

I admit that I am this dub person and I have assumed another identity.

Glad to see we're making progress.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't one of your options for all parties, including Israel to follow international law?

Let's assume for a moment that Israel would acquiesce to the demands of the UN...

Do you think this would stop the Arab,and other Islamic countries,from trying to destroy Israel?

I don't really know when it opened or when those photos were taken. If this restaurant is in fact open and operating, the food is being smuggled through the many tunnels. There is, however, a video on the restaurant site that shows Mahmoud Abbas dining at the restaurant. How recent do you think that video is and how recent is the web site made?

At the bottom of the web site, it says: 2008, RootsClub.Ps

Hey if your not happy with the site there is thousands to pick from , it's called goggle....But your explaination suggests that if you have money i guess there is a way to get what ever you want...but this guy must have a clientel, or he would go out of bussiness, so someone is buying his product...

And the pool how do you explain the pool...i mean here we are in the middle of Gaza bullets flying bombs exploding homes being dozed down, infra structure in desparate need of repair, hospitals which are in need of major repairs....the blockade happers all construction amterials....and in the middle of all that someone yells out LETS BUILD A MASSIVE POOL....so out comes the construction material....from where maybe the tunnels.....maybe from the pool store....who knows....kind of defeats the look at me and my condition when they are swimming around in thier new pool.....but can't drink or eat....i find it hard to swallow....but for you my site is to old....and the rest is propaganda....

don't trust Israeli propaganda. They will go to any length to falsify information. They censor and manipulate information. I just don't see why the following organizations, who are in the Gaza strip would lie:

- UN Aid program

- Amnesty International

- HRW

- Red Cross

- Justice Richard Goldstone

- Numerous Israeli human rights organizations

Is the outdated web site your response to these organizations?

Most of these agencies are run by locals....in bosina during it's food crisses we where camp right next to a massive food storeage warehouse , it sat there rotting, because they could not deliver it....They UN soldiers offered to do it....they refused they did not want to be tied to UN soldiers....

Funney thing though they had no problem selling it....to the locals...that was youre UN aid program at work....i know it was a different time and place....but it has left a bad taste in my mouth...

Check the Goldstone report and show me where it is confirmed that the ambulances were being used other than to carry the injured during the Gaza attack. This is not the first time you are repeating a myth.

What about the rest of the information, specifically the food shortage that the blockade has created? Do you have anything to say about that or are you here only to show your unconditional support for your team while turning a blind eye to facts?

Naomi,do tell us exactly how weapons get into the hands of Hamas?Are they brought in openly...or are they SMUGGLED?

Check the Goldstone report and show me where it is confirmed that the ambulances were being used other than to carry the injured during the Gaza attack.

That is like asking lictor about the causes of the second world war....goldstone wasn't on the scene ...he asked the criminals and they asnwered accordingly...just one of the reasons why the goldstone whitewash is worthless....used only by the enemy.

Let's assume for a moment that Israel would acquiesce to the demands of the UN...

Do you think this would stop the Arab,and other Islamic countries,from trying to destroy Israel?

The Arab League has a peace proposal called The Arab Peace Initiative, which came out in 2002 and again, re-endorsed in 2007. In it, they have proposed the following:

- Endorse and recognize the internationally recognized 1967 border

- Recognize Israel and consider the Arab-Israeli conflict over

- Sign a peace treaty with Israel and establish normal relations with her

Do you support the Arab peace proposal?

So Army Guy, with his few photos and links is basically saying that:

- UN Aid program

- Amnesty International

- HRW

- Red Cross

- Justice Richard Goldstone

- Numerous Israeli human rights organizations

Are ALL lying about the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

I stopped believing in the neutrality of these groups around about the time Jenin became a household name.

I stopped believing in the neutrality of these groups around about the time Jenin became a household name.

Tell me what happened in Jenin and those groups' involvement in whatever happened in Jenin that makes you stop believing in their neutrality.

Show me these other videos.

You and others have posted this video, pretending that it's from the Gaza attack. You realize that you've damaged your already bad reputation of lying and deceit.

How far will you go to try to justify atrocities?

I don't consider the death of a handful of morons who try to club soldiers to death to be an atrocity.

Edited by Argus

Tell me what happened in Jenin and those groups' involvement in whatever happened in Jenin that makes you stop believing in their neutrality.

What happened in Jenin was that the international aid groups and international media fell for a campaign of distortion, lies and propaganda hook line and sinker and launched a sputtering outraged attack on Israel even worse than they have over the ship interception. As you well know, the "Jenin Massacre" was the big cause for you people - until it was exposed as nothing but a lie and a con.

I dislike being conned. I really do. The the fact that they were all so ready to accept the blatant lies without doing ANY fact checking has made me leery of their claims ever since.

Edited by Argus

What happened in Jenin was that the international aid groups and international media fell for a campaign of distortion, lies and propaganda hook line and sinker and launched a sputtering outraged attack on Israel even worse than they have over the ship interception. As you well know, the "Jenin Massacre" was the big cause for you people - until it was exposed as nothing but a lie and a con.

I dislike being conned. I really do. The the fact that they were all so ready to accept the blatant lies without doing ANY fact checking has made me leery of their claims ever since.

You didn't really share with me. What were the lies? Which of the humanitarian organizations fell for lies? Can you show me some news pieces? Links? What exactly was their response to these supposed lies?

Right...but you believe absolutely in the integerity and honesty of the IDF and Israeli officials.

I mean, we don't even need human rights groups, aid groups, NGO's, media or media watchdogs, or anyone to hold anyone to account.

We can just trust the military and government to tell us the plain facts.

Awesome.

Servile, indoctrinated...but awesome.

You didn't really share with me. What were the lies? Which of the humanitarian organizations fell for lies? Can you show me some news pieces? Links? What exactly was their response to these supposed lies?

He hasn't looked into it personally. He heard someone else say this (perhaps word for word, perhaps not), and took it on faith.

If he feels like it, he may peruse some of the more reactionary propaganda sites for some spin to offer you.

Hamas also uses schools and hospitals as weapon depots. Therefore, it forces Israel to have to choose between targeting a legitimate military target or letting Hamas remain armed. Hamas plays the propaganda game very well.

Hamas also uses schools and hospitals as weapon depots.

post proof of this.... and i don't mean comments made by an IDF official. show me investigations which have determined this has happened.

Hamas also uses schools and hospitals as weapon depots. Therefore, it forces Israel to have to choose between targeting a legitimate military target or letting Hamas remain armed. Hamas plays the propaganda game very well.

Far better than Israel does. The latest "peaceful" convoy organized by Islamists but with no lack of Western "activists" is an awfully good demonstration of just how effective the Islamists and other radical Muslim groups, many with affiliations to such charmingly pro-human rights regimes out of Tehran and Damascus.

Far better than Israel does. The latest "peaceful" convoy organized by Islamists but with no lack of Western "activists" is an awfully good demonstration of just how effective the Islamists and other radical Muslim groups, many with affiliations to such charmingly pro-human rights regimes out of Tehran and Damascus.

who are you and why are you repeating a lie?

you're saying that ships were a weapon depot?

who are you and why are you repeating a lie?

you're saying that ships were a weapon depot?

How is it that you seem to be able to type sentences, and yet seem functionally illiterate.

Did I say the ships had weapons? The purpose of those ships wasn't to sneak weapons into Gaza, the purpose is to embarrass Israel. The whole thing was dreamed up by Turkish Islamists. It's a con game, a con game that moronic Western activists and fools like you gladly drink up.

How is it that you seem to be able to type sentences, and yet seem functionally illiterate.

Did I say the ships had weapons? The purpose of those ships wasn't to sneak weapons into Gaza, the purpose is to embarrass Israel. The whole thing was dreamed up by Turkish Islamists. It's a con game, a con game that moronic Western activists and fools like you gladly drink up.

Who "drank it up"?

OF COURSE the mission was to bring world attention to the blockade. I havent seen anyone argue that wasnt the case.

Right...but you believe absolutely in the integerity and honesty of the IDF and Israeli officials.

No, but I believe my eyes when they show soldiers sliding down ropes and mobs of club wielding "activists" setting on them.

Servile, indoctrinated...but awesome.

I am indeed awesome, and also intelligent, and capable of reasoning. Sorry if these tend to get in the way of your silly ideological arguments.

He hasn't looked into it personally. He heard someone else say this (perhaps word for word, perhaps not), and took it on faith.

I simply assumed that people who make it their business to hate Israel with such a breathless passion would have at least a nodding acquaintance with one of the major events to take place there over the last decade.

Mythbusters

If he feels like it, he may peruse some of the more reactionary propaganda sites for some spin to offer you.

Where does your news come from? The PLO? Al Jazeera? Or one of the innumerable I-hate-Jews/Israelis web sites?

Edited by Argus

No, but I believe my eyes when they show soldiers sliding down ropes and mobs of club wielding "activists" setting on them.

I am indeed awesome, and also intelligent, and capable of reasoning. Sorry if these tend to get in the way of your silly ideological arguments.

No... youre just a typical sports fan who made up his mind long ago, and sees everything through that lense.

post proof of this.... and i don't mean comments made by an IDF official. show me investigations which have determined this has happened.

Investigation that happen weeks after the event and are accompanied by Hamas minders are useless.

Hey Achmed...Shazaam just called...Goldstone is coming over....move the rockets our of the school and into the mosque

Well, when the Egyptians decide they want to open the border and feed Gaza I will be on top of Israel's ass.

But they do not want them either

That alone is very telling

Naomi may be in need of medical treatment as a rather rabid supporter of terrorist organizations. Heck even Jordan will not take those in the west bank and if memory serves me - Lebanon locks their "guest" up in camps as well.

So the Arabs do not want them and Israel is stuck with them

If Gaza truly wants peace they will stop firing rockest and come to the table asking to open trade and diplomatic exchange.

Never happen - but I would say this.

If Hamas puts down it guns, bombs and rockets the situation will change for the better. If Israel does that first - the Israelis would be dead.

Hell, Hamas killed the competition during the election - if you can call it that - it was a rigged vote and anyone running ahgainst them got real unhealthy real fast.

Borg