I Love This Man!

Christie he is the guy who cost his state 400 million dollars

Actually, no he wasn't.

then fired his guy in charge so he could collect EI

Yeah, that's why he did it. :rolleyes:

He might not of needed to fight with the teachers if he got that 400 million

Nope. The budget had to be set long before that money would have been awarded.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, no he wasn't.

Yeah, that's why he did it. :rolleyes:

Nope. The budget had to be set long before that money would have been awarded.

In early June, Christie overruled an application that Schundler had formulated from a deal with the state teachers union, on the grounds that the deal had been too favorable to the union and went against his own education agenda. "I made the choice to be bold," Christie said, "not only because I want it to be successful but it's because that's what I agree with."

Then last week, it was revealed that because of an error in the new application, which included budget numbers for the wrong years, New Jersey was docked just enough points to lose out on $400 million in federal funds. (Even worse, the Star Ledger reported that the original draft that Schundler and the union agreed to contained the correct information.)

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/christie_and_schundler_fall_out_over_race_to_the_top_blunder.php

Republican State Official Gets Fired Instead Of Resigning -- So He Can Collect Unemployment

Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) has fired his state Education Commissioner Bret Schundler, as a result of errors and misrepresentations from Schundler in a matter costing the state $400 million in federal "Race to the Top" money. At the same time, the firing has been arranged at Schundler's request in such a manner so that Schundler -- a former leading figure of the state GOP's right wing -- will be able to collect unemployment benefits.

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/republican-state-official-gets-fired-instead-of-resigning----so-he-can-collect-unemployment.php

So let us RECAP Christie is the one who threw out the right application because he said "it is too union friendly," he then told his department to come up with a new in a short amount of time. The new one had an error in it which Christie was told about but he sent on anyway and then his state was disquilified because of it. Chirstie then says someones head must roll tells his Education it is going to be him, his Education guy asks to be fired to collect EI and Christie is all about it. So becuase Christie hates teacher unions so much his state loses 400 million. Awesome Shady.

Sounds like your type of Republican he lets his state sink because of his hate for unions above all else. Students be damned we will bust those unions right Shady. It is all there in black and white just because you refuse to read the news doesn't change it.

Shady please tell me more about stuff you clearly know nothing about. Oh BTW I would point out the Teachers Union said before this happened that Christies dumb Union hate was going to cost them the 400 million because they would not have the right numbers. Christie was just to dumb to listen. Like someone on this fourm

Edited by punked

It is all there in black and white just because you refuse to read the news doesn't change it.

From your own link.

The Christie administration has denied making any such deal with Schundler, saying that he was fired when he refused to resign

So unless you, or your link can read minds. What you're saying is pure speculation. It's basically tabloid gossip. The National Enquirer would be proud. :rolleyes:

From your own link.

So unless you, or your link can read minds. What you're saying is pure speculation. It's basically tabloid gossip. The National Enquirer would be proud. :rolleyes:

Yep but after they lied about Christie rejecting the right application because he said it was to union friendly to send in their Education with a incomplete education who you going to believe? The Education guy who is a crazy Republican but still told the truth about the situation or Christie who lied about it? I will go with the guy who we know hasn't lied about this yet.

BTW did you know NJ paid a consulting company 250,000 dollars for the first appilcation Christie threw out? No you didn't that is because you really know nothing about the guy accept he hates education and you love that. Remember this guy Schundler isn't just some no name he ran for Gov of NJ twice as a Republican.

He has gone on the record to say:

Schundler said Christie, at a news conference, said what Schundler had told him "NOT to say" because it wasn't true or accurate.

"Good prosecutors don't support their argument with claims they know are false, and they don't charge people they know are innocent," Schundler said, referring to Christie's former job as U.S. attorney for New Jersey.

Fact is Christie is lying about one thing that is known. Now you want to believe he didn't lie about the second one Shady? Yah ok why? Oh because you like him gotcha.

Edited by punked

I will go with the guy who we know hasn't lied about this yet.

We actually don't know that. Again, unless you can read minds, you can't pretend to know exactly what happened.

BTW did you know NJ paid a consulting company 250,000 dollars for the first appilcation Christie threw out?

You mean the one Corzine did, that was 30 points lower than the one Christie's administration submitted?

We actually don't know that. Again, unless you can read minds, you can't pretend to know exactly what happened.

You mean the one Corzine did, that was 30 points lower than the one Christie's administration submitted?

Ummmm he released the emails between him and the governors office so go read them.

No I don't Shady, I mean the one Christie paid 250,000 dollars for and was 5 points higher but he threw out because it was to union friendly. It is like you don't know how to read I have been linking to articles talking about 4 times already. Fact is they lost by 3 points if Christie wasn't a dummy they would have had 400 million right now.

Edited by punked

Christie would not even have to have this fight if he didn't cost the State 400 million because he is an idoit. The last thing I need is an idiot who cost his state half a billion dollars because he would not listen to the very union who he makes stuff up about. Hey Shady you want to link that sorce for the teachers union praying for Christie to die?

Yep he plans on making villians out of teachers because he was to dumb to listen to the teachers and his own head of Education and threw out one application which would have won his state 400 million in favor of one which won them nothing. He does sound like your guy Shady.

Christie would not even have to have this fight if he didn't cost the State 400 million because he is an idoit.

Actually, yes he would. The 400 million is a one time thing. It would help costs beyond this year. The teachers had a system set up that was unsustainable. The rest of the public shouldn't have to pay 100% of their health care. Asking them to pay just a little bit is the right thing to do. Everyone has to sacrifice a bit to close the Corzine 10 billion dollar budget deficit.

Actually, yes he would. The 400 million is a one time thing. It would help costs beyond this year. The teachers had a system set up that was unsustainable. The rest of the public shouldn't have to pay 100% of their health care. Asking them to pay just a little bit is the right thing to do. Everyone has to sacrifice a bit to close the Corzine 10 billion dollar budget deficit.

I just don't know Shady, how can I believe this man who held a press conferance blaming Obama for losing the 400 million when it is clear it was all his fault. He is a bold face liar.

This is what his former Education Head had to say about him:

"Good prosecutors don't support their argument with claims they know are false. And they don't charge people that they know are innocent."

Sounds about right.

Edited by punked

I just don't know Shady, how can I believe this man who held a press conferance blaming Obama for losing the 400 million when it is clear it was all his fault. He is a bold face liar.

Clearly there was a cosmic screwup.

That being there are lots of one-time subsidies that die, and in our country the states are pressured to maintain the funding for the programs. There ain't no free lunch.

• 1 month later...

Sweet.

This is Bobby Jindals "Volcano Monitoring in stupid" comment all over again. Remember that one Shady? When Bobby Jindal rattled off a bunch of things he considered wasteful spending and waste of time? Then we found out Jindal used money from a bunch of those things and a Volcano went off ground planes for up to a month over the Atlantic. Remember that?

Maybe you don't like the problems being addressed doesn't make them any less of a problem. Only an idiot would take that point. However Christie is an idiot I mean his hate for Union cost his state half a billion dollars. Poor NJ. Maybe that is why Obama is pulling in a 50+ favorable and Christie only has 40-46 in NJ. Oh wait those numbers only count for Obama never for your idiot.

Edited by punked

Actually, Christie is polling above 50% in New Jersey. His trend is up. Obama's trend is down. One of them has cut his deficit. One of them has increased theirs. :lol:

Yep in crazy Shady land that is true. However here in the real world the latest numbers say different. Rutgers-Eagleton from the 08th has him at 46.

Zogby from yester day has Obama beating Christie in all NJ congressional districts on fav numbers.

http://www.politickernj.com/42483/zogby-lobiondo-57-20-andrews-leads-63-22

Oh noes doesn't fit the narrative better lie about it. Was that the plain Shady?

Sweet.

Let me say that Quebec is ripe for someone like this.

As I listened to the youtube video, I translated it into French in my mind - and in French in Quebec, this video is even more dramatic.

On the Monday following the event, as a co-founder of the RLQ, I appeared in a televised debate against Rejean Parent, the president of the Quebec teachers union. The leftist elite is so unused to being challenged in la belle province that after only a few minutes of debate, he left the show winded and speechless, unable to admit to the huge failures of the Quebec social-democratic model the unions and their puppet politicians have put in place over the last 50 years.
Eric Duhaime Edited by August1991