"Gay Marriage Opponents Inch Closer to Death"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HERE COMES THE SIXTH!

Michael - there are more important issues on earth than this one..yes it is interesting in a vacarious sympathetic way - but serves no real purpose. HUMAN rights are paramont - not rights based on sex - race - or anything else. Times have changed and if you have not noticed - persecution knows no bounds..time to protect everyone all at once instead of deviding our resourses on special interest groups...If you look around the social and economic abuse the world has suffered lately did not descriminate on the base of sex or sexual orientation - they are smashing the shit out of all of us.

SEVEN

Gay marriage and the debate around it is a ploy at devide and conquer..what else could it be - it does not unite - it devides..and who ever is putting out the bait seems to be gettin a few bites..I would ignore this seduction if I were you.

Michael - there are more important issues on earth than this one..yes it is interesting in a vacarious sympathetic way - but serves no real purpose. HUMAN rights are paramont - not rights based on sex - race - or anything else.

Sure thing - human rights including preventing homophobia.

Today is national homophobia today.

NO DEAL !

BUT I love you - I really do...if you would just shave a little closer and wear that frilly pink thing again.. Michael..in all mild seriousness. PEOPLE can do what they want - I just warn them of the possiblities..and from what I have seen..dealing with a few institutional scoundrels in my time - all the way up to the Supreme Court - is that the status quo is maintained - and all social decisions are carefully calculated to assist in the continued holding of power by some creepy elite - gays and lesbians should not trust these f*kers.

BUT I love you - I really do...if you would just shave a little closer and wear that frilly pink thing again.. Michael..in all mild seriousness. PEOPLE can do what they want - I just warn them of the possiblities..and from what I have seen..dealing with a few institutional scoundrels in my time - all the way up to the Supreme Court - is that the status quo is maintained - and all social decisions are carefully calculated to assist in the continued holding of power by some creepy elite - gays and lesbians should not trust these f*kers.

And the bizarre fantasy melts away into a plain old vanilla conspiracy theory...

Edited by Michael Hardner

Sure thing - human rights including preventing homophobia.

Today is national homophobia today.

Preventing phobias (fears) is a daunting task my friend - most people function in a state of fear - that is how the world is governed. I really think that homo-phobia is a mis-nomer - most people do not have a fear of gay people..they might get irritated because of the strange dialect that most seem to have...what is that accent that they develope anyway..and that walk..what's with the walk? ANYWAY..no person should be persecuted and all are equal under God "It rains on the good as well as the wicked"

People do not seem to understand ancient scripture - God does not play favorites..good or bad it's the same to him it seems..keeping order and a tidy house is our job.. I may not fully respect gays and lesbians - but if someone was to lay a hand on one or abuse one..I would protect - because it is the right and orderly thing to do - BUT if an extremist group effect or attack me or my valued life - then I will repell that attacker gay or straight .

Gay marriage and the debate around it is a ploy at devide and conquer..what else could it be - it does not unite - it devides..and who ever is putting out the bait seems to be gettin a few bites..I would ignore this seduction if I were you.

Banning slavery divided... giving women full property rights and later the vote divided... Rosa Parks refusing to sit at the back of the bus divided.

Social issues very often cause divisions. A just society shouldn't shy away from divisive issues.

No one is asking you to like gay marriage. As I see it, it isn't any of your damned business what two consenting adults do, or who they choose to live with, marry or have sex with. I'm not even sure why you care so much, or why you put so much effort into such bad arguments. Are you really that afraid of homosexuals?

WashingtonCityPaper

That puts things in perspective, and I suppose explains why harsh opponents to gay marriage are hard to find. Even in the US there are mostly nuanced positions on this one to be found, usually framed in 'states rights' or somesuch.

Since there is a rather large and rapidly growing Muslim population in North America,I was wondering what you think of their views on gay marriage?Would you direct any of your criticism towards that group or do they get a pass,unlike the Catholics for example? <_<

Since there is a rather large and rapidly growing Muslim population in North America,I was wondering what you think of their views on gay marriage?Would you direct any of your criticism towards that group or do they get a pass,unlike the Catholics for example? <_<

I don't think anything of anybody's views on gay marriage, for the most part. People have their own reasons for being against it.

What criticism have I made ? None. If people are against it, then that's their business. You seem to think I have said something against the Catholics, but that's your imagination talking.

you can sense the same thing on this forum, those furthest to the right generally have one foot in the grave...

this is natural social progress, when I was a kid the entire country was much further to the right than we are now (yesteryears liberals are todays conservatives and todays liberals were yester days NDP)and by the time my kids are my age the country will be much more tolerant and further to the the left than we are today...

prepare for a massive shift to the left once us "Boomers" are dead and buried and the politcal power base moves to a more socially enlightened and educated generation...

What sort of a "massive shift to the left" do you think Canadians are in for?Will the Bob Rae version of Ontario spread across the nation?Perhaps a Hugo Chavez type massive shift to the left?How about a Fidel Castro type massive shift to the left?Which one are you hoping for?

Socially, the drift goes leftward... fiscally it goes rightward....

If you don't believe me then look up social conditions in the deep south in the 1950s then look up the top marginal tax rates. They needed money to pay for building the Interstate system, defense and Hoover's dresses.

If that were true, Canada would have a decent "inter-province" highway system....it doesn't.

The US Interstate Highway System was paid for with mostly motor fuel taxes.

What did the higher tax rates pay for then ? We spent ours on universal healthcare.

Got a pencil....

1) Nuclear weapons

2) ICBMs

3) Submarines

4) Supercarriers

5) Bombers

6) Fighters

7) Tankers

8) Tanks

9) Satellites

10) Mercury / Gemini / Apollo

11) Heavylift cargo aircraft

12) Vietnam War

13) Korean War

14) Great Society programs

15) Education

16) Foreign aid

.....you get the idea...right?

Nope...by then all we had to do was seal the deal: "We shall have no kings."

The rest, as they say, is history.

AND that is exactly why Jesus - I and God are out of a job..never to that into consideration during the declaration - that you might bring harm and poverty to us demi-gods. Thanks a lot - I should launch a suit on you guys for wrecking my life..