One of Obama's closest friends part of federal probe

One of Obama's closest friends part of federal probe

E-mails and other records of Dr. Eric Whitaker -- one of President Obama's best friends -- have been subpoenaed by a federal grand jury, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned.

The investigation involves "faith-based initiatives" and health-awareness campaigns funded by the Illinois Department of Public Health when Whitaker ran the agency for former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, according to copies of subpoenas obtained under the state's Freedom of Information Act.

Obama has said he recommended Whitaker for that job, which Whitaker landed in April 2003. The president's friend resigned in October 2007 to join Obama's wife, Michelle, as an executive at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Link

Add Eric Whitaker to the long list of Chicago scumbags that Obama's been friends with. Let's see, Whitaker, Blagojevich, Tony Rezko, Bill Ayers, and of course, Rev. Wright.

I'm probably forgetting some.

Do they have matching tattoos, or are they just BFFs on Facebook?

Speaking of which, I was really hoping for a FoxNews inspired "Obama LIED" thread about how he criticized portable media and yet enjoys his blackberry.

I believe that was the official GOP-bot talking point of the day.

Edited by BubberMiley

I really hope you all don't think Obama is squeaky clean, because nobody raises the kind of money he did if he doesn't have friends in low places.

I like how your ideology is so fluid that you will even adopt Marxist principles to criticize Obama.

I agree that capitalism leads to the inevitable corruption of those in power by the irresistable influence of piles of money.