Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

And just for fun I include this youtube video of Regan dedicating the Columbia to the Taliban his bestest friends.

You are unusually dishonest today. The Taliban did not exist in 1982. You know that yet for some reason you think that you have just scored a point....

sad...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I still can't make heads or tails of what you are trying to say...what are muslim stats? end by the end of the dead?

If you are trying to say that you are more likely to be killed for being muslim rather than for being a terrorist, I would say based on one murder, unequivocally, you are wrong.

If you have some actruarial source thatmight make more sense than you are currently, go for it.

Chances of being killed for being a Muslim in NY > Being and Muslim in NY and being a terrorist.

Want me to draw you a venn diagram next time?

You are unusually dishonest today. The Taliban did not exist in 1982. You know that yet for some reason you think that you have just scored a point....

sad...

Gotcha Regan just had the CIA go around the world gathering radical Muslims, Armed them, Dropped them all in Afghanistian to fight the Commies and expected when it was all done those Muslims who were now all in one place would move on.

I know who created this problem it was crazy right wingers.

Chances of being killed for being a Muslim in NY > Being and Muslim in NY and being a terrorist.

False.

Gotcha Regan just had the CIA go around the world gathering radical Muslims

False.

Armed them

False.

The Afghanistan resistance wasn't aided until the mid-80's. That's 3 strikes punked. You're out. Out to lunch! :lol:

So as it turns out one of the people who may be funding the mosque is from Saudi Arabia. But he also happens to be one of the biggest shareholders in Fox News. That's right the funding is from none other than Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal Don't you just love it? :lol:

Here's the clip. My link

Love it! My favourite part is when Jon Stewart says:

My point is this. If we want to cut off funding to the terror mosque, we must, together as a nation, stop watching Fox.

The part at the end with Evil versus Stupid was good too.

But, in the end, Fox News is evil and the viewers are stupid. :lol:

Want me to draw you a venn diagram next time?

Only if writing in coherent english is too much of a bother for you....citing an actuarial source would be better.

False.

False.

False.

The Afghanistan resistance wasn't aided until the mid-80's. That's 3 strikes punked. You're out. Out to lunch! :lol:

To bad you are wrong on all of them. Maybe you would like to find me an example of a Muslim raised in NY linked to a terrorist attack.

NO Shady the CIA was dropping religious extreemist in Afgahistain in the very early 80s. In fact the US funndled 3 billion to those groups through the ISI long before it was known they were involoved. It was called Operation Cyclone you might want to read a book. Your side created this problem.

Edited by punked

Only if writing in coherent english is too much of a bother for you....citing an actuarial source would be better.

Here is a source in the last 10 years we know one man at least in NY has been killed for being a Muslim. While no NY Muslims have been terrorists.

Edited by punked

Here is a source in the last 10 years we know one man at least in NY has been killed for being a Muslim, while no NY Muslims have beed terrorist.

Are you sure no NY muslims have beed terrorist? What if they lived in a NYC suburb?

Are you sure no NY muslims have beed terrorist? What if they lived in a NYC suburb?

I don't know have you found one yet? This has been my point all a long, people keep talking about Muslims and terrorists but they never say NY Muslims. Different populations, different belifes, everyone is not the same.

Evidently "mum's the word" from the White House regarding the mosque. Obama has said they have the right to build there, which is really how most everyone feels, but has declined to comment on the wisdom of building there.

link

If it's found to have Saudi ties, then ax the whole project and deport the Imam.

I don't know have you found one yet? This has been my point all a long, people keep talking about Muslims and terrorists but they never say NY Muslims. Different populations, different belifes, everyone is not the same.

Ever heard of Jose Padilla....born in Brooklyn? How about Fasal Shahzad, a US citizen living in Connecticut..or Mohamed Hamoud Alessa..Carlos Eduardo Almonte of New Jersey across the river from Manahatten...Zarein Ahmedzay of NYC and Adis Medunjanin of Queens...

That's 6 american terrorists living in NYC or the suburbs.

Now I'm not going to use your nonsenical logic and say that an american mulsim is more likely to be a terorist than to be killed for being a muslim...but since you own that twisted logic, I expect you to affirm that would be true.

Ever heard of Jose Padilla....born in Brooklyn? How about Fasal Shahzad, a US citizen living in Connecticut..or Mohamed Hamoud Alessa..Carlos Eduardo Almonte of New Jersey across the river from Manahatten...Zarein Ahmedzay of NYC and Adis Medunjanin of Queens...

That's 6 american terrorists living in NYC or the suburbs.

Now I'm not going to use your nonsenical logic and say that an american mulsim is more likely to be a terorist than to be killed for being a muslim...but since you own that twisted logic, I expect you to affirm that would be true.

Agreed, the muslim getting killed is a more likely scenario.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/nypd_charges_man_with_hate_crime_after_allegedly_stabbing_muslim_cabbie.php

According to Detective Marc Nell, at 6:14 pm last night, the driver picked up Michael Enright, 21, of Brewster, NY, at the intersection of 24th Street and 2nd Avenue in Manhattan. The cab proceeded to drive north, and Enright asked the driver, who Nell identified as a 43-year-old Asian male, if he was Muslim. After the driver responded that he was, Enright allegedly stabbed him repeatedly with a Leatherman tool, according to police.

"[Enright] stabbed the driver in the throat, right arm, left forearm, right thumb and upper lip," Nell said.

I think by the report that the dude survived the attack.

Guest American Woman

"look at the infidels they fear us so they won't allow a mosque to be built"

Could you be more wrong? Since there are 100 mosques in NYC, it's hardly "fear" that's behind the objection to this property. Not this mosque, this property. Put it elsewhere and all will be fine. You do get that, don't you??

But keep talking as if your claim is the reality. Even though it couldn't be farther from the reality. <_<

Edited by American Woman

Agreed, the muslim getting killed is a more likely scenario.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/nypd_charges_man_with_hate_crime_after_allegedly_stabbing_muslim_cabbie.php

I think by the report that the dude survived the attack.

Yes Punk already made that claim based on one incident...it doesn't take a lot of brain power to show that the claim is nonsense.

Guest American Woman

Yes, if we all bow to paranoia and fallacious, bigoted thinking, all will be fine...

Um...

Sorry, but I won't be bowing to you and your ilk's thinking any time soon ......

Guest American Woman

If it's found to have Saudi ties, then ax the whole project and deport the Imam.

Yes, because that's so what my post said/was about.

Do you actually see what other's write, or does your monitor have words from an alternate universe on it? :huh:

Could you be more wrong? Since there are 100 mosques in NYC, it's hardly "fear" that's behind the objection to this property. Not this mosque, this property. Put it elsewhere and all will be fine. You do get that, don't you??

But keep talking as if your claim is the reality. Even though it couldn't be farther from the reality. <_<

A lot of the opposition is just garden variety xenophobia. Like I said before... the number that polls show being against the mosque is almost identical the number of Americans polled that have an unfavorable opinion of Islam.

In any case... the objections are probably rooted in a number of different things and you dont have a clue how much of this is just driven by dislike of Islam.

As for the fact theres lots of other mosques... irrelevent. Those mosques were contructed without a big public scene being made. Its entirely possible or even likely that if you had publisized those projects in the national press then polled people on whether or not they thought construction would go ahead, that a majority of people would have been against those as well.

Indeed... protests are starting to pop up throughout the US for mosques that arent even in NewYork city.

Put it elsewhere and all will be fine. You do get that, don't you??

Thats not true...

Its not fine in Tennessee.... its not fine in Temecula, California....

Hundreds demonstrated against a proposed mosque in a small town in Tennessee (pictured above). And some residents of Temecula, California, are opposing the local Muslim community's plan to build a bigger mosque, saying it could become a hotbed of radical Islam.

The New York mosque isnt the only one being targetted. Theres way more to this than just concern over the WTC site.

To bad you are wrong on all of them.

No, actually I'm right about all of them.

NO Shady the CIA was dropping religious extreemist in Afgahistain in the very early 80s.

No, actually, that's not true either. But how were they dropping them in? With parachutes? :rolleyes:

In fact the US funndled 3 billion to those groups through the ISI long before it was known they were involoved. It was called Operation Cyclone you might want to read a book. Your side created this problem.

Why would you single out Reagan for a program that began 2 years before his election under Jimmy Carter? Just wondering.

Here is a source in the last 10 years we know one man at least in NY has been killed for being a Muslim. While no NY Muslims have been terrorists.

More lies.

Four arrested over alleged New York terrorist bomb plot

Link

Yes Punk already made that claim based on one incident

You gotta love how they can extrapolate their claim from one incident. But extrapolating Islam and terrorism from thousands of incident is ridiculous to them. :rolleyes:

Oh the irony.

A lot of the opposition is just garden variety xenophobia.

I disagree. But I know forsure that a lot of the support and defense is based on garden variety political correctness and a refusal to acknowledge basic reality.

No, actually, that's not true either. But how were they dropping them in? With parachutes? :rolleyes:

Why would you single out Reagan for a program that began 2 years before his election under Jimmy Carter? Just wondering.

More lies.

You gotta love how they can extrapolate their claim from one incident. But extrapolating Islam and terrorism from thousands of incident is ridiculous to them. :rolleyes:

Oh the irony.

I disagree. But I know forsure that a lot of the support and defense is based on garden variety political correctness and a refusal to acknowledge basic reality.

If the recent rash of mosque-a-phobia is really about the WTC center, I gotta ask.

How far exactly DO mosques have to be from ground zero?

3 blocks obviously isnt enough.

Tenesee doesnt appear to be far enough.

Temecula, California doesnt even appear to be far enough!

Its pretty obvious that this isnt just about one particular site.

More lies.

Oh the irony.

You mean these men who were 100 miles out of NY Shady? That is your proof you are more likly to be a terrorist if you a Muslim in New York city? K.

Yep started under Carter and he was wrong to do it. Noe-conservatism and Noe-Liberalism are both stupid I would expect you to defend them and to ignore the evidence that points to the fact YOU WERE DEAD WRONG!

Edited by punked

You really don't think that terrorists and their sympathizers won't spin this? That's rather naive.