Forum software issues

Sir Bandelot

• Forum Admin

The editor control problems have been fixed. There was some conflicting javascript that was causing the issues.

Any IE 6.0 related issues will continue, as I have stated, IE 6.0 is an outdated browser,

Guest American Woman

The editor control problems have been fixed. There was some conflicting javascript that was causing the issues.

Any IE 6.0 related issues will continue, as I have stated, IE 6.0 is an outdated browser,

Yep, it's all good now. :) Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe someone could tell me how to fix this. After I click "cut" to post it to this forum, when I right click to post it,the words "paste" disappears and the website freezes up. I using Ex7 and this is the only site I find that I have trouble. Unless I've been barred from posting I can't find the problem. Greg?

Maybe someone could tell me how to fix this. After I click "cut" to post it to this forum, when I right click to post it,the words "paste" disappears and the website freezes up. I using Ex7 and this is the only site I find that I have trouble. Unless I've been barred from posting I can't find the problem. Greg?

In the meantime instead of right-click to paste, try ctrl-v.

It doesn't work. Everytime I click on this forum to paste it freezes, the whole page and so far this is the place the computer does this. I'm not sure why. I guess I have to type out the link.

It sounds like you are not alone in experiencing this problem. When I googled it, there were many links relating to "windows 7 paste not working". There appear to be many different causes and solutions, but mostly relating to conflicts in the computer configuration. The problem could be to do with a third-party extension in IE (eg. toolbar) You might need to remove them and reset your internet explorer settings.

Here's one link that might help to start with

Edited by Sir Bandelot

Guest American Woman

Anyone who has issues with IE that are not easily corrected should try another browser. I use Firefox and don't have any of the problems commonly raised by IE users.

I've been having problems posting with Firefox ever since I upgraded to Firefox 3.6, and I'm having issues with editing my posts with IE 8, so now I'm trying Safari ......

• Forum Admin

I've been having problems posting with Firefox ever since I upgraded to Firefox 3.6, and I'm having issues with editing my posts with IE 8, so now I'm trying Safari ......

Google's Chrome is a nice browser too...

Guest American Woman

Google's Chrome is a nice browser too...

Thank you. Turns out I'm not happy with Safari, so I'll give that a try.

Edited to add: So far I'm really liking it; it's fast and seems to offer all of the features that I like. Thank you again, I think it's going to be my browser of choice. :)

Edited by American Woman

It sounds like you are not alone in experiencing this problem. When I googled it, there were many links relating to "windows 7 paste not working". There appear to be many different causes and solutions, but mostly relating to conflicts in the computer configuration. The problem could be to do with a third-party extension in IE (eg. toolbar) You might need to remove them and reset your internet explorer settings.

Here's one link that might help to start with

Thank you so much for your help its appreciated! I`ve found the problem.