Canadian Government Guilty of Violating Khadr's Rights

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which would find you dead set against about sixty years of human rights opinion, that a parent has the right to raise their child in their religion.

This is what is called a collision of rights.

Eyeball is a crypto totalitarian. He doesn't care about the personal freedoms that he doesn't care for...

You should know, you're the instructor.

Why am I going to support people wandering out of our airports when there are no jobs for them.

No hospital beds and surgeons for them.

Where are they going to go? What are they going to do? Am I going to keep having to pay for more and more unionized teachers to look after their kids? Who is going to pay for their child births and medical expenses?

Have you been to Toronto, Vancouver or (somewhat) Montreal (the majority of our population). Do you know what is happening in these places?

These people are plopping down fat and happy in Canada.

I'd like to ask who is paying for it?

It's not our politicians. I pay for their salary.

It's not Cupe local 23535332. I pay for their salary also.

It's not the teachers. I certainly pay for their outrageous pention and benefits.

Those here on the forum collecting pensions and gov't services. Well I'm paying for you too.

This website Mapleleafweb.com? Well I'm indirectly paying for this site also seeing as they recieve free office space in our public institution.

So who is paying for all these people to arrive with their palms out. Who's paying for the judges to look after Arar and Omar. These welfare indolent families from abroad.

Hmm...

It's not you, or you, or YOU.

It's...

ME! That's who! The private sector chump getting paid peanuts because the gov't is too busy taking half my money away transfer to themselves and immigrant programs in order to buy votes from them.

Damn right I will show up at a protest. We do NOT have jobs for these people to be here and I'm sick of paying out of my pocket for the Liberal political machine.

You pay for all those things on a janitor's income?

Bravo! Bravo!

The address of the next demo is 1001 Queen Street West. At 9:00 AM. It's a themed demo, (to get media attention) come as a historical nationalist (Napoleon, Churchill, Mussolini, Caesar. etc) and bring a box of fruit loops (to throw at the immigration office.) sign in at the front desk.

Have fun and once there, stay on character

Have fun and once there, stay on character

Of course you and your Liberal supports will do anything but answer the most basic question in the world:

When we have huge unemployment and Canadians looking for work, why are we letting new people in?

Ummm.. duh.

And guess what, no one EVER answers this question and has ever even done research on it.

I have. The answer is short - they vote Liberal.

If they vote, they are Canadians.

Hehehe again avoiding the question. I love the libs! hehe Love em!

They vote for YOUR party, so YOU can have power over taking MY money away for your OWN interests.

The immigrants are the ONLY ones that help you with this (stats and facts show that the Liberals would not even have official status if it was not for the immigrant vote).

I base my opinions off facts and numbers.

You? Well.. you just know that they vote in your party and you like them for that reason. If you know how it was like to compete against 50 of them at job interview, you would change your tune a bit.

And of course, you've never had to wait 9 hour in an emergency room with the whole room speaking foreign languages and dressed in rags.

You've never had to be put onto an organ transplant list with hundreds of people ahead of you that have never contributed a dime into the medical system and do not speak English.

Meh.. lets put that aside. They vote in your party and that's good enough for you! You don't need to research facts and numbers. As long as they vote in your party for your own greedy reasons you are happy.

My interest is Canadians first. And no. Canadian is not defined by holding a paper (in my eyes anyway).

Edited by mikedavid00

I base my opinions off facts and numbers.

Unpossible. You don't have enough fingers and toes.

And of course, you've never had to wait 9 hour in an emergency room with the whole room speaking foreign languages and dressed in rags.

Correct. I was in emergency last week. Got there at 10:17, released at 12.34. Of course that's Toronto, immigrant capital of Canada, so naturally the two foreigners I saw were doctors. One arab, one a russian jew.

You've never had to be put onto an organ transplant list with hundreds of people ahead of you that have never contributed a dime into the medical system and do not speak English.

No and neither have you. How do I know? No patient gets to know who is ahead of them and their immigration status/financial condition. If it was an organ transplant you were looking for my guess is it was for a colon 'cause you're full of horse poop.

The average Canadian doesn't care if he comes back to Canada or not anyways. He's only Canadian in the fact that he was born here oter than that he isn't Canadian at all. He's proven that. Let him rot wherever he is. The only ones who care about hm are his family who are Al-Queda sympathizers and the left wingers who will take the opposite stance to anything Harper says.

The average Canadian doesn't care if he comes back to Canada or not anyways. He's only Canadian in the fact that he was born here oter than that he isn't Canadian at all. He's proven that. Let him rot wherever he is. The only ones who care about hm are his family who are Al-Queda sympathizers and the left wingers who will take the opposite stance to anything Harper says.

Exactly.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The only ones who care about hm are his family who are Al-Queda sympathizers and the left wingers who will take the opposite stance to anything Harper says.

You forgot about his lawyers. They now care for him 900,000 Canadian dollars more than they did 6 years ago.

The Guantanamo Bay detainee, in a damages suit launched six years ago, has recently bumped up his claim to $10-million from $100,000, court documents show.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2529004

Edited by capricorn

Can anyone direct me to the 50 page thread that the people who say they are defending Canadian rights or human rights have made regarding the Canadian facing beheading in Saudi Arabia? I can't find it.

There's no need.

A 24-year-old Canadian man due to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia was Saturday granted a reprieve and retrial by the Middle-Eastern country's Supreme Court

Link

See, this is what happens when a Prime Minister finally gets around to doing his job.

Can anyone direct me to the 50 page thread that the people who say they are defending Canadian rights or human rights have made regarding the Canadian facing beheading in Saudi Arabia? I can't find it.

If you look very very hard, using the search tool, you may find a post...

Had he been a terrorist....well, 25 pages minimum.

There's no need.

Link

See, this is what happens when a Prime Minister finally gets around to doing his job.

No, because the lower court had already rejected the recommendation of the higher court only months earlier, and reconfirmed the death penalty. They may or may not reach the same conclusion in a new trial, but in the mean time, he says he's been tortured. What power does Canada have to do something about this? None. Saudi Arabia is a sovereign country and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not apply there. Canada (or any other country -- including the US -- for that matter) cannot guarantee that you'll enjoy all the rights and freedoms that you have as a citizen anywhere in the world. The so-called rights and freedoms in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms can even be a little fuzzy at home, but I digress. All the Prime Minister can do is make a request basically, and it's up to Saudi Arabia (or in Omar's case, America) to agree to the request or reject it.

An individual must accept some responsibility for risks taken, which is why I'd never set foot in Saudi Arabia. And on that note, if America is so bad, why do so many Canadians travel there?

An individual must accept some responsibility for risks taken, which is why I'd never set foot in Saudi Arabia. And on that note, if America is so bad, why do so many Canadians travel there?

Midnight express should not be confused with the midnight special

All the Prime Minister can do is make a request basically, and it's up to Saudi Arabia (or in Omar's case, America) to agree to the request or reject it.

I agree in the case of any normal adult who chooses to leave the country, but that doesn't describe Khadr. He was taken and deliberately placed in harm's way. Is their any evidence that Khadr obtained his own passport, bought his own plane ticket and airport staff just let a minor walk through an international departure gate all on his own without so much as raising a single eyebrow?

In the meantime...

The Government of Canada has repeatedly raised the cases of Sultan and Mohammed Kohail directly with senior Saudi ministers, and this case remains a priority for our government. We will continue to actively monitor this case and provide assistance and support to the Kohail brothers and their family. I met the brothers’ father, Mr. Ali Kohail, in Riyadh last October and raised the issue with the Saudi human rights authorities, including the president of their human rights commission.

Things appear to be unfolding for the Kohail brothers as one would expect them to when Canada acts on behalf of it's citizens.

Things appear to be unfolding for the Kohail brothers as one would expect them to when Canada acts on behalf of it's citizens.

No doubt. Does every Canadian get this benefit if arrested in a foreign country or is there some reason that would precipitate the action?

Like the death penalty?

No doubt. Does every Canadian get this benefit if arrested in a foreign country or is there some reason that would precipitate the action?

Like the death penalty?

It could just be the method of death that's got our attention. Would you be happier if the penalty for Kohail was more humane, say by injection or hanging?

It could just be the method of death that's got our attention. Would you be happier if the penalty for Kohail was more humane, say by injection or hanging?

Dead is dead.

Fact remains when Canadians are facing the death penalty the Foreign Affairs office takes extra measures. And it matters not what country they may be in.

Khadr is in no danger of being executed.