Cyberwar is a reality now

This picture shows how evil western media is.

/facepalm.

Had this student be killed? Do you have any idea what happened after it? Why western media always love to tell Lie by cut things and give you small part and explain it according to their taste.

If you are reletively new to this planet as a human, you would not know. Those of us alive to witness on tv and in the papers about Tienemmen Square know pretty damn well what happened after, Yes the student was killed, that is why it made the headlines it did.

Does this look like a riot to you?? Look it yourself. and find the tank in the video:

Engrish prease???

Crush peaceful student protesters with Army? It is more likely happen in western countries, like what happened in Kent State U, May 4, 1970.

The Ohio National Guard screwed up. There is no other way to say it. I will say protesting does take place more often in democratic societies. Protesting does not seem to happen in china much anymore.

I will also retract my statement about Tank Man being dead. According to most reports, there is nothing clear stating he died during the protests.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ohio National Guard screwed up. There is no other way to say it. I will say protesting does take place more often in democratic societies. Protesting does not seem to happen in china much anymore.

I will also retract my statement about Tank Man being dead. According to most reports, there is nothing clear stating he died during the protests.

At least you can do a google search on the ohio national guard screw up. Society can say without fear from gov't reprecussions that it was a screw up. Try doing a google search on Tiananmen square protests on google.cn and see what kind of results you get...

As for tank man, that is a toss up.

---

I think it's safe to say that China is not a free country that allows protests when all sides of the political spectrum on a political forum agree on that. Given what happened in Vietnam, I'll give the western media my confidence in reporting objectively.

If you are reletively new to this planet as a human, you would not know. Those of us alive to witness on tv and in the papers about Tienemmen Square know pretty damn well what happened after, Yes the student was killed, that is why it made the headlines it did.

I will not ask you for proof, even it is true, he is just another victim of the western powers who designed and financially supported the protest - they are the murder.

Does this look like a riot to you?? Look it yourself. and find the tank in the video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=otTbOxLesg0

Engrish prease???

English lies?

In case you are not willing to know the truth, you can put your head into sand.

The Ohio National Guard screwed up. There is no other way to say it. I will say protesting does take place more often in democratic societies.

And Democratic Nations do kill more people with their army in the whole world at least in current century.

Protesting does not seem to happen in china much anymore.

That is none of western nation's business, you'd better take care of your own people and improve your own human right.

You mean democracy won't work in Germany?

The Nazis used the democratic institutions of the Weimar Republic to gain power. Break out the history books.

Please note, I'm not defending the anti-Nazi laws in Germany. I think they were necessary in the immediate post-war years, but particularly since Reunification, I think the odds of neo-Nazis having any meaningful capability of seizing control the way the Nazis did in the late 1920s and early 1930s is highly unlikely.

Anyone ever blame Singapore has no multiparty elections?

I don't think fondly of any country that rejects the freedom of anyone to run on under any banner or under no banner at all for elected office.

But you're just throwing red herrings around anyways. I meant what I said. That you don't like it and run around looking for similar examples doesn't exactly overwhelm me with the strength of your argument.

I will not ask you for proof, even it is true, he is just another victim of the western powers who designed and financially supported the protest - they are the murder.

So wester powers incited chinese people to take to the streets to protest the communist government that cracks down on religious and peace organizations.

English lies?

In case you are not willing to know the truth, you can put your head into sand.

Unless you want to teach me Mandarin or Cantonese, Min, or Wu, we are at a standstill. I dont' speak any chinese language. So the video you posted is completely wasted on people like me. That is why I asked for and english version.

That is none of western nation's business, you'd better take care of your own people and improve your own human right.

Hard to become part of the global village if you are an isolationist.

....Try doing a google search on Tiananmen square protests on google.cn and see what kind of results you get...

I think it's safe to say that China is not a free country that allows protests when all sides of the political spectrum on a political forum agree on that. Given what happened in Vietnam, I'll give the western media my confidence in reporting objectively.

And this is the problem Google is having with China. They worked with the Chinese government as much as they could to satisfy their concerns needs. But now with the Chinese hack-attacks on Google and other US entities, including the Pentagon, I'd be more happy if Google just shut down the Great Firewall of China. Imagine what culture shock would happen to the Chinese masses that can fully access anything on the Internet.

And this is the problem Google is having with China. They worked with the Chinese government as much as they could to satisfy their concerns needs. But now with the Chinese hack-attacks on Google and other US entities, including the Pentagon, I'd be more happy if Google just shut down the Great Firewall of China. Imagine what culture shock would happen to the Chinese masses that can fully access anything on the Internet.

It is not the problem if censorship or email hack, those exist for long time and exist in everywhere that have internet and from everywhere.

It is because Google feel it can not earn money in China, ( less than 5 percent of its total ). And face lawsuit in China.

Last month, the CWWCS said, Google had scanned 18,000 books by 570 Chinese writers without their consent for its online library, Google Books, which is available only to Internet users in the US.

Google has issued a public apology to Chinese writers and admitted that it scanned books under Chinese copyright for its Google Books digital library project.

That's not true. The Canadian armed forces are not there to kill innocent people and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Answer the question: ARE THERE ANY INNOCENT PEOPLE KILLED BY CANADIAN ARMY IN AFGHANISTAN?

There was no violence until the Chinese powers sent their tank to crush the students, and you don't seem to be bothered by that one bit. Why is it ? What would you say if your Canadian children wanted to protest tuition hikes on campus ? Don't you think society works when people can speak their minds.

The protesters has been there for months that makes people can not work, makes bus can not drive, if this happen in Canada, will the government involved with armed cops? BE HONEST, ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

You constantly quote accidents and anomalies - small isolated incidents where one person died - as a counter-point to the horrible atrocities that happened in 1989.

Is this one person died a HUMAN BEING? Did he protest peacefully? Is he live in a country the like to teach other nations human right? In this nation, did thousands of native kids dead in residential schools and more been abused and sex abused? ANSWER THIS QUESTION!

Do you really think one person dying from a police accident is equivalent to the government ordering tanks in to shoot young people who were *singing the Internationale* and wanted to improve China ?

Please answer me that one question honestly.

I have repeatedly said the death of Dudley George shows poor human right in Canada. This is not accident. Thousands of kids die in residencial schools is not accident, 99% native people die since 1400s is not accident. Those clearly show the poor human right situation in Canada.

Chinese government ordering army to keep order in Chinese land and shoot those who attack and kill other people when necessary is a correct action that protect more people's live and property and well being and make a peace environment for Chinese to build their better life.

They are not equivalent.

If you are honest, you should know this clearly because I have told you several times.

All I talk here is with the honestly belief of myself.

I strongly suspect if you are honest to your heart about your talking here.

Edited by bjre

Answer the question: ARE THERE ANY INNOCENT PEOPLE KILLED BY CANADIAN ARMY IN AFGHANISTAN?

Define killed. Are the Canadian army lining up civilians and executing them like the chinese do in tibet, or are the civilians in the way of two warring factions and caught in the crossfire? Big difference.

The protesters has been there for months that makes people can not work, makes bus can not drive, if this happen in Canada, will the government involved with armed cops? BE HONEST, ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

All police officers in Canada are armed, however, they will sit and watch protests until the protesters become violent, then they respond with the appropriate levels of force, not shooting random people like in China. However the police will ensure that the protester's right to protest will be ensured no matter how long that protest is. Unlike Tiananmen square where the army is called in and hundreds of people die.

Is this one person died a HUMAN BEING? Did he protest peacefully? Is he live in a country the like to teach other nations human right? In this nation, did thousands of native kids dead in residential schools and more been abused and sex abused? ANSWER THIS QUESTION!

All political parties formally apologized for the residential school issue and the students have been compensated by the gov't. Lets see the Chinese do that with the Tibetans and their own citizens who have been through far worse. Great Leap Forward anyone? How many millions of people died under Mao's watch?

I have repeatedly said the death of Dudley George shows poor human right in Canada. This is not accident. Thousands of kids die in residencial schools is not accident, 99% native people die since 1400s is not accident. Those clearly show the poor human right situation in Canada.

Dudley George was thought to have been armed, but apparently you don't think police officers have a right to defend themselves. Be that as it may, the police officer was found guilty in a criminal court and has been punished. Were the soldiers in the Tiananmen square riots punished for mowing down protesters? The native people dying since the 1400's is the brits and frenchies problem not ours.

Chinese government ordering army to keep order in Chinese land and shoot those who attack and kill other people when necessary is a correct action that protect more people's live and property and well being and make a peace environment for Chinese to build their better life.

I get it, criticize the party, and the Chinese army shoots people. Mao and Stalin thought that shooting "troublemakers" was a correct action that made a peaceful environment too, but apparently in China those people aren't allowed to have opinions. But then again the only thing the Chinese army is good at is killing civilians, western soldiers are too much of a handful for them.

You get to come here and are able to spout off nonsense. None of us agree with your nonsense, but all of us agree that you should be able to spout off your nonsense. I can go up to any police officer and call Harper any name under the sun, chances are I will be laughed at. In China if I call Hu Jintao anything other than favorable in front of a chinese police officer, my ass goes off to the gulag. Do you not see the difference?

All I talk here is with the honestly belief of myself.

I strongly suspect if you are honest to your heart about your talking here.

And this is why western powers meddle with commies like you so that more and more people aren't exposed to tyranny. Good thing it worked.

Guest TrueMetis

Bjre is clearly insane if he thinks Canada and China are comparable in terms of human rights. He needs to do three things 1) Realize that killing peaceful protesters is wrong 2) stop justifying the actions of a country that doesn't have a bill of rights that it enforces and 3) learn some basic freaking grammar.

Bjre is clearly insane if he thinks Canada and China are comparable in terms of human rights. He needs to do three things 1) Realize that killing peaceful protesters is wrong 2) stop justifying the actions of a country that doesn't have a bill of rights that it enforces and 3) learn some basic freaking grammar.

Insane or a party member...

Maybe Jintao's got him on a mission.

1) Realize that killing peaceful protesters is wrong

Anyone still refer 1989 Tiananmen violent riot as "peaceful protest" is a liar.

Declare you don't understand Chinese is not an excuse if you are not a blind person that can not see the images in the video.

Edited by bjre

Although I have not found time to study Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms carefully, I assume it is a nice thing. However, the real world I see is not so bright here.

I understand its impossible for you to compare Canada's charter of rights and freedoms against China's non-existant one. C'mon and show us some courage and give it a shot anyway.

Edited by Born Free

I already answered it.

No, they won't.

Yes, he was a human being.

They are not equivalent.

No, they're not equivalent as I have said. You bring up accidents, security mistakes, and crimes that were done independently by others - NOT ordered by the government - and investigated and prosecuted after the fact.

These are not the same thing, so stop bringing them up. If you have examples that were:

* Human Rights abuses ordered by the government

* Resulted in direct violence

* Not investigated

* Covered up by the government

* Ignored by the press

Go ahead and bring them out. Otherwise, don't try bringing up ridiculous things like the Vancouver airport incident or Chinese herbal medicine.

You answered the question yourself here:

They are not equivalent.

You are brainwashed, and even though you have left China, you repeat official Chinese lies as a parrot would. As such, we should pay you as much attention as a parrot.

Anyone still refer 1989 Tiananmen violent riot as "peaceful protest" is a liar.

Declare you don't understand Chinese is not an excuse if you are not a blind person that can not see the images in the video.

bjre, you know that that proves nothing. The only images that show violence appear to have happened after the army was sent in. China is bad at a lot of things, I guess propaganda too.

Here's a better video. At :23 there's a nice clip of the crowd peacefully singing "The Internationale" (before it goes into a recorded clip) and images from the protest:

Does it not stir your heart to hear the youth singing this idealistic song ?

Here's a better video. At :23 there's a nice clip of the crowd peacefully singing "The Internationale" (before it goes into a recorded clip) and images from the protest:

How funny, is there any eiffel tower near Tiananmen square as in the video you provided?

You post a video with some pictures without violence, can it prove there was no violence?

If I have only seen a picture that you were sitting there, can I draw a conclusion that you never eat and never sleep?

You are the exact the same liar as your western media. Period.

How funny, is there any eiffel tower near Tiananmen square as in the video you provided?

You post a video with some pictures without violence, can it prove there was no violence?

No more than your video proves there was violence.

I guess them singing The Internationale was part of the western plot, hmm ? And I guess it didn't stir your heart.

Keep parroting the party line from China, bjre, and your posts here will be regarded as squawks and met with crackers...

No more than your video proves there was violence.

I guess them singing The Internationale was part of the western plot, hmm ? And I guess it didn't stir your heart.

Keep parroting the party line from China, bjre, and your posts here will be regarded as squawks and met with crackers...

I'm a cracker (white)!!!!!