Watching the shine come off Obama

Watching the shine come off President Obama ...

Drudge's headline, today, screams "Count the lies. Obama vowed 8X to televise healthcare"

Video clips like this are all over the internet today.

In the meantime, C-SPAN is almost begging to be allowed to cover the debate live.

The head of C-SPAN has implored Congress to open up the last leg of health care reform negotiations to the public, as top Democrats lay plans to hash out the final product among themselves.

C-SPAN CEO Brian Lamb wrote to leaders in the House and Senate Dec. 30 urging them to open "all important negotiations, including any conference committee meetings," to televised coverage on his network.

"The C-SPAN networks will commit the necessary resources to covering all of the sessions LIVE and in their entirety," he wrote.

In a Tuesday afternoon press conference on health legislation negotiations, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi appeared to object to the premise behind the request.

"There has never been a more open process for any legislation in anyone who’s served here’s experience," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/05/c-span-challenges-congress-open-health-care-talks-tv-coverage/

Obama has counterattacked by putting the legislation on the fast track to passage. This streamlined process is highly unusual, and usually only used when there is a large consensus. It has the virtue of keeping the public out of the debate, because nobody will really know what is going on until it reappears as a completed work, a humongous pile of legal jargon that, probably, no one person will understand, or even have read.

"The president wants to get a bill to his desk as quickly as possible," Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said as reporters questioned him repeatedly about Obama's decision to go along with House and Senate leaders in bypassing the usual negotiations between the two chambers in the interest of speed.

They agreed that rather than setting up a formal conference committee to resolve differences between health bills passed last year by the House and Senate, the House will work off the Senate's version, amend it and send it back to the Senate for final passage, according to a House leadership aide, speaking on condition of anonymity in order to discuss the private meeting. [....]

Asked about Obama's campaign trail promise, Pelosi remarked, without elaboration, "There are a number of things he was for on the campaign trail."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9D2ETSG1&show_article=1

The problem is that there is no need for speed. The bill doesn't kick in until 2012, and then it only collects premiums for a couple of years. There's no reason this couldn't be on C-Span, except ... possibly ... for the public reaction. I don't think anyone expects the new plan to actually deliver healthcare until 2015. Check me if I'm wrong ...

The latest is that the White House is stone-walling.

On Tuesday, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs declined to answer questions about the president's campaign commitment to hold health-care negotiations on C-Span. Gibbs said he had not seen a letter from C-Span's Brian Lamb to congressional leaders requesting the coverage and thus could not comment on it.

On Wednesday, Gibbs was asked again about the C-Span commitment. The story had gotten pretty big in the intervening time, and presumably Gibbs had had a chance to familiarize himself with it. So reporters tried for a second day to get him to comment on the president's commitment to holding televised health-care talks. Gibbs' answer? "We covered this yesterday." Gibbs referred reporters to the transcript of Tuesday's briefing and said, "The answer I would give today is similar."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/White-House-We-will-NOT-discuss-broken-C-Span-promise-80829987.html

Obama is going to get crucified on this, because his reasons aren't plausible. Look for his approvals to drop another 5%. And you have to ask yourself: Is he going to pull the same thing with Cap & Trade? People are getting increasingly fed up. He is going to lose a lot of credibility over this.

Comments?

Edited by Bugs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama personifies not just the shine coming off himself but of the whole American empire. Look closely at the faces that are running the place these days. It looks like the invasion of the trolls..the delicate favourite minions of a devil that even he wants to distance himself from. You have the richest sons and daughters of the richest families with their faces all over the media..and on closer inspection you see a lot of inbreeding and genetic dullness. I guess after 300 years the place had to crack.

I'm still amazed he won the noble peace prize...

He's only starting more wars.

The mark of a good salesman.....be a closer!

But it really doesn't matter who is in the white house, they are all puppets anyways.

Awww...come on! What about Ron Paul...he would be different...right? Yesiree Bob...Ron would stop the "puppet show" for good...huh?

At least Obama had a shine to lose. Bushy boy started off with dullness and ended with it...other than the one moment when he embraced those two black teenager girls in New Orleans after the big storm. That was the only time I saw goodness in George..to bad that the said system did not let Bush be himself and do what was kind and good...but his mum would have killed him...for being a softy.

A little advice to Obama - start eating fatty foods and be a lay about for a while and gain some mass...He is trying to hard and will wear himself out. Trust me on this one...how do you think I lasted this long? I took time for privacy and restful healing...and I all the people that called me a bum worked themselves to death...so BC....waaazzzz up?

....A little advice to Obama - start eating fatty foods and be a lay about for a while and gain some mass...He is trying to hard and will wear himself out. Trust me on this one...how do you think I lasted this long? I took time for privacy and restful healing...and I all the people that called me a bum worked themselves to death...so BC....waaazzzz up?

Obama needs a Cheney.....somebody to play bad cop. Even Biden craps in his pants when Cheney walks in....he is The Godfather of Oil.

Obama needs a Cheney.....somebody to play bad cop. Even Biden craps in his pants when Cheney walks in....he is The Godfather of Oil.

Pretty close on that one..but it might be a near miss conceptually. Cheney might be the God Father of oil but someone else is holding the bag of cash...and who that person is will never be known. Asking an informed man if Bush and Cheney were responsible for economic troubles, he said no. It's not upper top dog management that is the problem..it's middle upper management..the upstarts who still gage everything with the number of dollars in hand. Cheney like my former friend...if you can call him that are not about money..they are about management..They do not lust for status or cash like us mere mortals...the other problem Obama has is his own affirmative action show case...He has hired to many black people that are not competent. He should have tossed in a few token whites and I don't mean Hillary...as for Cheney...He has the street fighters mind...and he does not posture..he destroys you from behind with a bar stool.

Here's Obama's stooge Robert Gibbs trying to dodge the question from the press.

Video

These guys are in waaaaaaay over their heads. It'd be funny if their incompetence wasn't so significant.

This always happens to the rube do-gooders who think they can wing it with just good intentions. Welcome to the Big Leagues!

Video

These guys are in waaaaaaay over their heads. It'd be funny if their incompetence wasn't so significant.

There is a bit of scripture regarding the unjust in high places. "I will send them a strong dellusion" It appears that this plague of ineptness is spreading like a disease. Maybe it's just nature taking it's final course. I just hope there are some good young and old people in the wings to take control once this thing does the final crash and burn....It's really bizarre..If you spend some time wathing the reports and speeches you will find yourself changing the channel looking for something less absurd..but it can not be found.

Video

Here is a nice one for you Shady.

"There are 43 million uninsured Americans – 4 million more than when the current administration took office. George W. Bush will reverse this trend by making health insurance affordable for hard-working, low-income families." [source: Bush-Cheney 2000 website]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................what happened there?

"There are 43 million uninsured Americans – 4 million more than when the current administration took office. George W. Bush will reverse this trend by making health insurance affordable for hard-working, low-income families." [source: Bush-Cheney 2000 website]

Er ... 9-11?

Watching the shine come off President Obama ...

Drudge's headline, today, screams "Count the lies. Obama vowed 8X to televise healthcare"

Video clips like this are all over the internet today.

In the meantime, C-SPAN is almost begging to be allowed to cover the debate live.

Obama has counterattacked by putting the legislation on the fast track to passage. This streamlined process is highly unusual, and usually only used when there is a large consensus. It has the virtue of keeping the public out of the debate, because nobody will really know what is going on until it reappears as a completed work, a humongous pile of legal jargon that, probably, no one person will understand, or even have read.

The problem is that there is no need for speed. The bill doesn't kick in until 2012, and then it only collects premiums for a couple of years. There's no reason this couldn't be on C-Span, except ... possibly ... for the public reaction. I don't think anyone expects the new plan to actually deliver healthcare until 2015. Check me if I'm wrong ...

The latest is that the White House is stone-walling.

Obama is going to get crucified on this, because his reasons aren't plausible. Look for his approvals to drop another 5%. And you have to ask yourself: Is he going to pull the same thing with Cap & Trade? People are getting increasingly fed up. He is going to lose a lot of credibility over this.

Comments?

NOT true at all!!!

The number of so-called uninsured Americans is inflated. It's counting people who switch jobs as uninsured, even though it might have been only for a day before their insurance kicked in again. It's also counting illegal aliens as uninsured Americans, when they have no legal right to health insurance. And, it's counting people who already qualifty for medicare, medicaid, and/or the children's health insurance program, but haven't signed up as uninsured.

Plus, the Bush-Cheney website hasn't existed in a long time. What's your real source?

Regardless, how is describing something Bush and Cheney said or did justification for Obama breaking his promises? :lol:

Obama needs a Cheney.....somebody to play bad cop.

You're right. Obama, Mr. Nice Guy, would definately benefit from a "bad cop" type figure high in the admin, preferebly VP. Cheney is a corrupt and heartless SOB, but i'll give him big credit for playing that role well. He had no Presidential asperations, so he could afford to get the electorate (and others) PO'd with him.

So you're saying that reversing his initial positions, and going with more of the Bush and Cheney approach is being smarter than Bush and Cheney? Oooookay. :blink:

He is smarter in context of saying whats necessary to get elected, getting the people to believe something about him that is patently false. Because Obama knew just how to bait their hooks. He is a master baiter

He is smarter in context of saying whats necessary to get elected, getting the people to believe something about him that is patently false. Because Obama knew just how to bait their hooks. He is a master baiter

And by your definition, he's also a huge liar. Of course, you're preaching to the choir, I already knew that. :lol: