Federal Liberals post doctored photo of Harper assassination

M.Dancer

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00386/Harper_as_Oswald_386665a.jpg

Rick Mercer’s advice to Liberals: “First rule of photoshop – no posting of penis pics on politicians’ heads. Second rule – no assassinations.”

The comedian’s guidance comes as Stephen Harper is depicted being assassinated by Jack Ruby on a Liberal website. Not surprisingly there is outrage in the Tory ranks.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/bureau-blog/liberal-photo-contest-takes-macabre-turn/article1401015/

I'm not outraged....nor am I surprised....Rick Mercer sums this up well...

“I’m surprised parties attempt this stuff – they always screw up. Either they are guilty of poor taste like this Liberal attempt or they come off as idiotic and not funny such as the strange Conservative websites accusing Iggy of being too well-educated.”

Unsurprisingly, no funny man has ever been described as having the comic timing of a politician.

2nd Rule... No Assassinations....

That's why Mercer is funny and the LPC appear to be the joke.

I swear some of those bad CPC habits have now drifted over to the LPC.

Another beer and popcorn moment from the LPC.

Thanks for the Entertainment. Unfortuneately, Mercer is for entertainment, political parties I monitor for Good Government.

Edited by madmax

What is it with Liberals and guns.

"Stephen Harper actually announced he wants to increase military presence in our cities. Canadian cities. Soldiers with guns. In our cities. In Canada."

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canadavotes2006/national/2006/01/12/elxn-libs-research-military.html

The location of the flash matches up with the gun and it CLEARLY is a subliminal message that the gun has been fired at the viewer.

http://westernstandard.blogs.com/shotgun/2004/06/subliminal_gun_.html

Now, they present us with an image of Harper being shot.

Liberals consistently claim they are just, caring, inclusive and sympathetic yet they display a very violent streak.

All things being equal, I'll choose the mean spirited Conservatives, puffin poop and all, over a party with such a disturbing obsession.

Come guys, this was a contest and that picture didn't make into the top ten! It was sent in by a Canadian who doesn't like Harper or was it sent in by a Tory to cause more problems for the Liberals, who knows.The saying don't sweat the small stuff, applies here. There's a lot more serious and important things needs to be done.

Come guys, this was a contest and that picture didn't make into the top ten! It was sent in by a Canadian who doesn't like Harper or was it sent in by a Tory to cause more problems for the Liberals, who knows.The saying don't sweat the small stuff, applies here. There's a lot more serious and important things needs to be done.

It was sent in and approved. Wasn't pulled till after the media got wind of it. It it was on a Tory site, you would be howling...

Yeah, I saw that you claimed not to be, but then it seemed you may have been pitching a fit. Perhaps I read more in to your post.

I am of the opinion that the Liberals do not intend to insert a subliminal message to murder the PM. I think they were tring to be funny. I think they failed even though the Harper face is so close to the original...might be the subject matter....maybe...

And I agree with Mercer, politicians are never intentionally funny. What is funny, is rabid partisan posters like Topaz poo poo'ing it...

At the core, whether it is a bird shitting on Dion or Harper in Dallas, it is the awkwardness of the response that makes the story.

This begs the rhetorical question....again. Why does the Liberal leadership put such dim bulbs in charge of something as important as PR?

It was ad hoc, sort of like you being a spokesperson for Christianity...free talent are usually amateurs.

While the Prime Minister's Office chose to say nothing about the photo, Conservative bloggers and many political commentators were livid.

"This type of garbage belongs in the blogosphere, not on a national party website of a major G8 country," wrote Greg Farries, on ThePolitic.com. The photo was posted on the website on Monday but quickly removed on Tuesday morning, with an apology.

The Toronto Star

Our own Greg gets a quote in the Toronto Star (which implies that he's a "Conservative blogger"). IMHO, having a quote in The Toronto Star is as welcome as a war wound.

-----

Morris, could you edit this thread title so that it better indicates the thread topic? I think there is a rule about that.

It was ad hoc, sort of like you being a spokesperson for Christianity...free talent are usually amateurs.

Yes, I'm well aware of that but the point being that whomever is in charge of the Official Liberal Website allowed it to be posted there.

Irresponsible, given that a group of teenage Muslim terrorists called the Toronto 18 are facing prison time over assassination plots on our PM.

In a way this will play right into Harpers hands in the next election. I'm sure his people are saving all these up. I hope they paint the Liberals like children cutting construction paper with safety scissors and certainly not capable of running a nation.

Fish stinks from the head on down.

Edited by Mr.Canada

-----

Morris, could you edit this thread title so that it better indicates the thread topic? I think there is a rule about that.

Not sure what was wrong with the original title...and I don't think I have that ability...now the title is simply misleading.

Doctored photo? Sounds like they were committing fraud.. it's photoshopped, or as the young folks say, chopped..

Harper assassination? No, it's the Oswald assassination....someone has a heavy clumsy hand..

Yes, I'm well aware of that but the point being that whomever is in charge of the Official Liberal Website allowed it to be posted there.

Irresponsible, given that a group of teenage Muslim terrorists called the Toronto 18 are facing prison time over assassination plots on our PM.

In a way this will play right into Harpers hands in the next election. I'm sure his people are saving all these up. I hope they paint the Liberals like children cutting construction paper with safety scissors and certainly not capable of running a nation.

Fish stinks from the head on down.

Could you put me back on ignore....I have only so much time to read responses to my posts so I prefer to keep the quality high.

Much ado about nothing in my opinion. Its a stupid photo contest, the Cons are just trying to use this to distract from the fact that they are likely in violation of the Geneva convention. The Cons had a picture of Dion with bullet holes all around his head on THEIR website, and it was developed and approved by Conservative staffers not sent in by some random supporter who thought they were being funny.

This is a total non-issue. nobody will care, and many will laugh.

Its a stupid photo contest, the Cons are just trying to use this to distract from the fact that they are likely in violation of the Geneva convention.

Care to post the relevant citation. Stress on relevant. I say this cause the GC are very clear who gets protection and who doesn't. It isn't a "I am sad the little terrorist is crying, :angry: :angry:.. Geneva conventions...

The Cons had a picture of Dion with bullet holes all around his head on THEIR website, and it was developed and approved by Conservative staffers not sent in by some random supporter who thought they were being funny.

Find it, or it didn't happen

I am of the opinion that the Liberals do not intend to insert a subliminal message to murder the PM. I think they were tring to be funny. I think they failed even though the Harper face is so close to the original...might be the subject matter....maybe...

And I agree with Mercer, politicians are never intentionally funny. What is funny, is rabid partisan posters like Topaz poo poo'ing it...

At the core, whether it is a bird shitting on Dion or Harper in Dallas, it is the awkwardness of the response that makes the story.

Dancer, as one against violence, it was in poor taste and even Ralph Goodale apologized for it. You have to realize that there is a wave of people out there that don't like Harper and the government and I think he's becoming the "GW Bush" of the world, the guy people love to hate.

I think he's becoming the "GW Bush" of the world, the guy people love to hate.

Is that why Harper's popularity remains high? Cause he's the Bush?

Job approval ratings:

¤ 36% Stephen Harper

¤ 34% Jack Layton

¤ 29% Michael Ignatieff

Edited by M.Dancer

Care to post the relevant citation. Stress on relevant. I say this cause the GC are very clear who gets protection and who doesn't. It isn't a "I am sad the little terrorist is crying, :angry: :angry:.. Geneva conventions...

Find it, or it didn't happen

They showed the dion with bulletholes ad last night on power and politics with Evan Solomon, find it yourself.

They showed the dion with bulletholes ad last night on power and politics with Evan Solomon, find it yourself.

If I was making the claim, I would.

I watched Soloman last night and never saw it.

Post it or it didn't happen.

If I was making the claim, I would.

I watched Soloman last night and never saw it.

Post it or it didn't happen.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/bureau-blog/about-that-assassination-photo/article1402187/

Apparently the Tories are not apologizing for the pic and it is still up on the CPC website. They claim the holes are not bullet holes. What bullshit! Anyone can see that is exactly what they are intended to depict.

They claim the holes are not bullet holes. Anyone can see that is exactly what they are intended to depict.

I though you said bullet holes? Kind of LARGE, dontcha think

They look like holes in paper.

These are bullet holes

http://alxa.ru/file/grafics/bullet_holes.jpg