Atheism is DEAD!

davidmabus0202

Ah. I see...my mistake, my friend, as my sarcasm wasn't clear. I think Mr. Canada might be a fine person, but I have disagreed with virtually every single word he has said. I mean, I could scarcely disagree more.

I was actually on the attack, albeit in a sacastic way...and I assumed THAT'S why you said what you did.

Sarcasm is tough to get across in writing.

Watch this:

I really loved your cake.

I just loved your cake.

Which one is sarcastic ? I suggest you wrap sarcastic comments in tags as such:

<sarcasm>I really loved your cake.</sarcasm>

Edited by Michael Hardner

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarcasm is tough to get across in writing.

Watch this:

I really loved your cake.

I just loved your cake.

Which one is sarcastic ? I suggest you wrap sarcastic comments in tags as such:

<sarcasm>I really loved your cake.</sarcasm>

Of course you're right.

If I had been posting here for a long while, and everyone knew roughly where I stand, there would have been no confusion. I forgot that people can't read my mind. :)

Use the icons too:

I really loved your cake. :blink:

I just loved your cake. <_<

BTW there bloodyminded, I found this comment:

I find your views startling and insightful, and wish to subscribe to your newletter.

...to be hilarious. I was going to post something about Mr. Canada proudly wearing his red and white super hero suit with maple leaf on the chest, but I thought that might be a little over the top. :lol:

Guest TrueMetis

Wow, are you serious?

You never heard of a little fellow in the USSR who went around razing Christian Churches then?

Surely a Trotskyite like you has heard of that. Da comrade?

Ever heard of a guy who decided to kill all the jews and had Gott Mit Uns (God With Us) on the belts of his soldiers? See I can do the same bullshit you do. In fact I can do more.

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited."

-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Yea I know Godwins law.

Edited by TrueMetis

Wow, are you serious?

You never heard of a little fellow in the USSR who went around razing Christian Churches then?

Surely a Trotskyite like you has heard of that. Da comrade?

Heard of that fellow. Seems that when it suited him, he made buddy-buddy with the Russian Orthodox Church, and they became a willing conspirator with the Soviet regime.

Have you ever read a book on Soviet history? More to the point, have you ever read a book?

Atheism is a main tenant of Communism, I don't see how I'm trolling.

i think he sees you saying atheism is 'in' communism your meaning communism is a part of atheism... which is totally and irrefutably wrong. all it means is you do not believe in a god or deity, did anyone even study the different atheistic branches like Existentialism? it's simplistic definitions are thus: if your an atheist you don't believe in the prejudgments of metaphysics, but in the proofs of self and men. to be religious you must believe the unprovable, for it is so grand it can't be proven...

oh and the word dead implies a living majority going 'bye bye' and there are plenty of atheists left, plenty of Christians, Islamics, Hindu's, UFO fanatics, and TGI Fridays.

what do you want an impossible extreme to exist where any one of those groups are no more? sounds allot like 'hang the black man' to me and that i take (as an assumption) offense to... the only trolling i see is when any one states a lie as a title... as thus I'll put it in a math-like question:

which is true?

Atheism is DEAD < Atheism is NOT dead.

it's obvious...

Edited by DarkAngel_

Atheism has always been dead - it has always represented an end to everything - and a certain hoplessness that always leads to death and not life.

that's called nihilism friend, not atheism, it came from the concept but it is not as you define so strictly... if there is no god there is still faith and belief. fundamentalist restriction of the human condition is what i believe you refer to... allot of things do this it is not exclusive to nihilism even, and is one thing most atheists tend to avoid. the existentialist view "generally held that the focus of philosophical thought should be to deal with the conditions of existence of the individual person and his or her emotions, actions, responsibilities, and thoughts" (ia wikipedia) to create new rules for one self that overwrite the old and do more then improve mankind, but transform mankind into what we wish to be, passionate, chaotic, and free.

hopelessness is not a state of freedom, and godlessness is free.

First of all: Nostradamus demolishes "atheism"

To paraphrase Nostradamus "davidmabus0202 your time is sand, your posts are waves upon the seas, I am the eyes of Nostradamus all your posts are known to me".

atheism predates all religions hands down...

I don't think so. Without a common belief in a deity their can be no Atheism as you'd have nothing to not believe in. It's impossible to not believe in something that hasn't yet been defined.

So if you want to keep your train of thought that it's possible to have a non belief in a deity that hasn't been defined go ahead. My point is that a belief is needed first in order to hold a non belief of it.

Yes, I know. No matter what I say everyone disagrees with me, it's fine.