China, Enemy to Muslim World

Guest American Woman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the article have to specifically say "capitalism" in order for you to accept that my opinion is what it is? I know what capitalism is and I know what the article said and I know what bin Laden/et al has said about capitalism in the past. So putting it all together, my opinion is what it is.

I've ignored nothing. I think, however, that the reason al Qaeda has now, for the first time, threatened to attack targets outside of China is because "China's profile in the Muslim world still grows with its economic ambitions and interests. This expanded global reach [...] has put Chinese citizens and enterprises in harm's way." And I think that ties into capitalism. You don't have to agree with me, and furthermore, I don't care if you agree with me or not. But it's my opinion and I have as much a right to my opinion as you do to yours. As I've said repeatedly now, everyone outside of al Qaeda is speculating as to the 'why's' of its actions. Everyone has their opinions.

That's your opinion. Nothing more.

You came up with the opinion that Al Queda is threatening China because of capitalism even though the article is about a Muslim minority group, China's dealing with them and Al Queda's response to China's dealing with them.

I hear Foxnews is hiring.

Perhaps if you give me something other than shit to work with...

I don't owe you or any other enemy an explanation of anything. You can suck-up to Islam all you wish while rewriting history along with all the leftards. What's next from this idiot way of thinking? D-Day = Western Capitalist Aggression?

Guest American Woman
You came up with the opinion that Al Queda is threatening China because of capitalism even though the article is about a Muslim minority group, China's dealing with them and Al Queda's response to China's dealing with them.

I would think you would understand by now, but one. more. time. This is the first time al Qaeda has threatened China's interest and Chinese outside of China. So yes, I think, in light of the comments I've already referred to, that China becoming more capitalistic is making China more global and more threatening to al Qeada. China has had problems with a Muslim minority group before, yet al Qaeda has never threatened Chinese or China's overseas enterprises before.

I hear Foxnews is hiring.

A bit off-topic, and I would have thought of you as more the Toronto Star type, but hey -- a job's a job, so go for it.

Guest American Woman
In any case, I don't think overreacting AQ's threats or attacks is a wise strategy or policy. Obviously, AQ's strategy is using every excuses they can make to convince Muslims around the world that there is a worldwide conspiracy ploted by American and Israeli against Islam so AQ can turn them to AQ supporters. If China overreacts these events, china will fall into their scheme.

I see China did issue some warnings to Chinese overseas, but I rather doubt we'll see any overreacting by the government, and one of the main reasons I feel that way is because I don't think China "openly" reacts to things. So China may quietly go about dealing with this, and with the US in the forefront, all that a lot of people seem to care about, China's actions can go unnoticed as 99% of the attention is focused on the U.S.

Apparently al Qaeda sees China's rising worldwide interests, recognizes the importance of these interests, and sees China as another global threat, and has therefore threatened to attack these interests. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the threat carried through-- or at least an attempt being made.

Apparently al Qaeda sees China's rising worldwide interests, recognizes the importance of these interests, and sees China as another global threat

"Apparently", you can write whatever you want and pass it as an opinion, whether it's misinformation or not.

From your own article, in the second paragraph:

Libi, a Libyan national and al-Qaeda suspected third in command, railed against China's treatment of the Uighurs, a Turkic Muslim minority group in the country's far west who chafe under Beijing's rule. Uighurs complain of government discrimination, from being frozen out of jobs to having their language and religion suppressed. Those grievances and frustrations seemed to boil over this summer, when ethnic riots city of Urumqi left nearly 200 people, mostly Han Chinese, and were answered by a ruthless state crackdown. The Chinese hope, said Libi, "for [the Uighurs'] demise and destruction so that their numbers would decline and Islamic identity would be dissolved."

"Apparently", this is not about the ethnic riots and the crackdowns. This is about Al Quaeda and the Muslim world's hate for capitalism.

Who says I was wrong? :rolleyes:

I've also posted other quotes from my link, so I'm quite aware of what it says. Now, having pointed that out, unless you have some inside information, all any of us are doing, and have been doing since 9-11, is stating our opinions as to "why" the threats are being made. I'll try to spell it out for you. You post that Canada is at risk because you are in Afghanistan. I think you are wrong and that you would be at risk whether you're in Afghanistan or not.

Canada is under threat because we're in Afghanistan. But if we weren't in Afghanistan, we'd probably be under threat for something else.

People who say "if we just didn't offend the extremists, we'd be safe!" really annoy me. The problem with their argument is that we don't decide what offends the extremists. The extremists decides what offends them.

Australia offended the Muslim extremists by intervening in the genocide in East Timor. Wondering why all those Australians died in the Bali bombings? It's because their government took action to end a humanitarian disaster. Shame on those terrible Australians for preventing the slaughter of thousands of innocents.

The mere fact that non-Muslim people are working at sites in Saudi Arabia is offensive to extremists.

Gay bars offend extremists. One of the guys involved in the 1993 WTC bombing had also bombed a Greenwich Village gay bar in 1990.

Naomi, if you feel we should pull our troops out of Afghanistan to appease the extremists, what else do you think we should do to appease the extremists? Prevent Canadians from going to Saudi Arabia? Shut down gay bars? If the African Union came to Canada and said "The situation in Darfur is worsening! We need help!" would you say no because it would offend the extremists?

Basing our policies around what might offend the extremists isn't rational, because the extremists themselves aren't rational.

-k

People who say "if we just didn't offend the extremists, we'd be safe!" really annoy me. The problem with their argument is that we don't decide what offends the extremists. The extremists decides what offends them.

-k

Its a little silly to quibble about what offends extremists once they've become extremists, virtually everything we do is likely to offend them. Its our old policies, like sucking up to dictators and diddling with their countries internal affairs, that contributed to the development of extreme views in the first place that are the issue. It really annoys me that this aspect of our argument is either ignored, dismissed or worse, forgotten. The whole point of pointing that out has been to avoid making the same insane mistakes time and time again.

Maybe its finally sinking in though...

For the first time in decades, a U.S. administration is backing an elected civilian government over its traditional military allies. This is almost a U-turn in U.S. strategy in the Third World and bodes well for the world.

Story

I just hope it isn't too little too late. What's disheartening is knowing that our hawks think Obama is a fool for acknowledging how badly the past actions of previous US administrations, like backing a bloodthirsty murderer in Iran for example, have contributed to such lousy relations and extremism in the present.

For the first time in U.S.-Pakistan relations, American aid will be directed at Pakistan's economy and social infrastructure and not entirely toward its armed forces. The result is an uproar among the beneficiaries of the country's military-industrial complex whose sense of entitlement seems to be in a state of disbelief.

I'd be even more concerned about the uproar in our own military industrial complex and their sense of entitlement. Like I said I just hope it isn't too little too late.

If Mr. Obama wants to rescue American prestige and avoid a defeat in Afghanistan, he should first strengthen the civilian democratic government in Islamabad. If the rogue retired generals of Pakistan and their Islamist media cohorts succeed in toppling democracy in Pakistan, all is lost.

The road to Kabul passes through Islamabad. Without a stable civilian, democratic government in Pakistan, there is no possibility of even a semblance of victory in Afghanistan.

Edited by eyeball

That's all about Uyghur separatists in China. It's just a coincidence that Uyghurs are Muslims linked to Al-Qaeda. Same kind of pattern could be used to blame China as big enemy of Buddhists since Chinese oppressed Dalai Lama monks in Tibet. Al-Qaeda doesn't represent whole Muslim world, that's it.

That's all about Uyghur separatists in China. It's just a coincidence that Uyghurs are Muslims linked to Al-Qaeda. Same kind of pattern could be used to blame China as big enemy of Buddhists since Chinese oppressed Dalai Lama monks in Tibet. Al-Qaeda doesn't represent whole Muslim world, that's it.

But some idiot in Al Queda who says the Uyghurs have to have a jihad against China is really stupid. The Chinese will execute you for fraud. What do you think will happen to any Uyghurs that try an intifida against the Chinese regime? Wiped out is my guess.