Ignatieff not connecting with women

Dubbed a cerebral sex symbol when he entered politics, Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff now faces a wall in his appeal to women. They don't much like him.

Source/Full Story

So the truth has finally come out or perhaps the G&M are finally coming clean. The Liberals seem to purposely not concentrate on their own policies but instead depend on sex appeal to win elections.

I'm sorry but I give the women of this nation much more credit than the Liberals do. I trust they make an informed decision without emotion or voting for the man who is a pin up.

Ignatieff has the support of Samantha Power as well who called him a "fun guy to hang out with". This is the same Samantha Power that has called Hilary Clinton a monster and called for a US led invasion of Israel. Does Canada really need this right now? Does Ignatieff hold the same views?

Ignatieff was supposed to be the Canadian Obama and be a different sort of politician. I don't see any of that in him at all. In fact just the opposite, more of the status quo.

I like to think that women, just like men, prefer a person of substance. Obviously, it takes time to warm up to someone like Stephen Harper, who is intensely private. It's taken awhile for him to get comfortable in his political skin. I think he'll always feel a little awkward in the limelight but he's starting to handle it a lot better - especially on the international stage where he comfortably holds his own with any leader. This article just reinforces many of instincts that posters had about Ignatieff.

They called him stuffy, drab, arrogant, inauthentic, paternalistic, unmemorable, unsexy and, most of all, untrustworthy.

I like to think that women, just like men, prefer a person of substance. Obviously, it takes time to warm up to someone like Stephen Harper, who is intensely private. It's taken awhile for him to get comfortable in his political skin. I think he'll always feel a little awkward in the limelight but he's starting to handle it a lot better - especially on the international stage where he comfortably holds his own with any leader. This article just reinforces many of instincts that posters had about Ignatieff.

Has Ignatieff connected with anyone not already in the tank for the LPC, male or female?

Has Ignatieff connected with anyone not already in the tank for the LPC, male or female?

Of course he has. No one can be that educated and that much of a political animal without attracting voters.

There was that guy at O'Flannagan's just off Yonge St. I heard that he likes Mike.

By the way Mr. Canada, quit it with all the mundane threads. We get it. You are in love with Stephen Harper. I would pay good money to put you and Jdobbin in a room together and watch you two have a cheerleading fight. It would be good old fashioned LPC vs CPC fun.

By the way Mr. Canada, quit it with all the mundane threads. We get it. You are in love with Stephen Harper. I would pay good money to put you and Jdobbin in a room together and watch you two have a cheerleading fight. It would be good old fashioned LPC vs CPC fun.

Why do you insist in personalizing? I have no problems criticizing Liberal policy and have done so often here when it comes to the gun registry, spending too much under Martin or for not trying to amend bills to improve them out of fear of an election.

Try to reel in your comments rather than acting out as you are doing.

Why do you insist in personalizing? I have no problems criticizing Liberal policy and have done so often here when it comes to the gun registry, spending too much under Martin or for not trying to amend bills to improve them out of fear of an election.

Try to reel in your comments rather than acting out as you are doing.

I'm just making the observation that Mr. Canada, like yourself, is so dedicated to his chosen team that he's lost all sense of objectivity. The passion obsession you demonstrate in promoting your views leads me to the cheerleading comparison, minus the skirts and pom-poms of course.

Polls apparently indicate that women don't like Stephen Harper. And polls apparently indicate that women don't like Michael Ignatieff either. I am wondering: what politicians have women liked? Jack Layton? Stephane Dion? Did women like PMPM? Did women like Chretien? Day? May?

I'm picking a Prime Minister, not somebody to go to coffee with.

And I hope that other women feel the same. Women have swung toward the Conservatives over the past 6 months... so the conclusion is that Michael Ignatieff became less sexy? Maybe women have swung toward the Conservatives for the same reasons men have. Maybe the threat to force an election didn't play well. Maybe the commercials in the forest didn't go over well. Maybe they're just not hearing policies and positions they find appealing. I dunno, I feel a little insulted by articles like this. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm just weird... maybe other women voters really are looking for a Prime Minister they could go for coffee with and just can't picture themselves in a Second Cup chatting with Iggy by the fireplace. Who knows. But personally I don't believe women are as vapid as this sort of article suggests.

And what is with those stupid pie-charts that have most of the pie gone? Are they supposed to represent a uterus or something? Look, assholes, just because the article is geared toward women doesn't mean you can print crap like that and expect people to swallow it. If you want a pie chart, print a full circle, including a center and a complete circumference so that people know how much pie is there. If you want a bar graph, print a frickin bar graph. You can't print a bar graph, bend it, mess the axis around, and pretend it's an acceptable graphic just because the women reading your stupid article are probably bad at math anyway. What crap. Women expect better, "Michael Valpy" and whoever your dumb-ass editor is.

Ignatieff is not connecting with men, mice, and minerals either.....

moss? marsupials? martians?

-k

You can't print a bar graph, bend it, mess the axis around, and pretend it's an acceptable graphic just because the women reading your stupid article are probably bad at math anyway. What crap. Women expect better, "Michael Valpy" and whoever your dumb-ass editor is.

Kimmy that made my day. I lol'd. Nicely said.

then you would be wrong, women see things differently then men, we are not the same....how many polls do see that ask men or women what they think of politicians style or charisma?...they ask it because it matters to many people, it's shallow and stupid but political parties do it to neutralize the other parties appeal on that perception...that done they hope to persuade those of who aren't swayed by personal style to make the difference on election day...