another 9-11 attack planned?

Guest American Woman

Mine was a joke.

The Front Line Assembly lyrics you refer to claim the US is responsible for the war in Darfur. Do you believe that?

:D

It makes a lot of claims. I think the overall message in the track is pretty clear about how the US deals with agression from within and from without. Mind you the track is about 15 years old (wtf... i've had that cd for that long!!!!??) Unless there was an issue with Darfur during the early 90s, I don't think there was, I could be wrong so I will claim ignorance on this one.

Originaly the tune struck a chord with me. I love the industrial/techno hybrid sound which on Millenium they did quite well. With one of the guitarists from Pantera, and a couple former members of Skinny Puppy (did not listen to them a whole lot). The first track Vigilante is a pretty powerful tune.

Dog, don't get me goin on music, cause I might not stop. Love music, 10 years a dj, 3 years of writting house/electronic music now.... its a whol lot o fun. I get better all the time.

----------------------------

Anyways, I am wondering what can now be considered an icon of capitalism, since the WTC towers exist in only a memory. If Bin Laden is really after capitalism, what would be the next target? If there will be a next attack, even the powers that be are trying to figure out what Osama's next target is.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he hasn't.....the US presence in the "middle east" has never been greater, and now includes the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Japan thought that strategy would work too....it did....for about 9 months.

This has already been going on for 8 years. An orgy of defense, anti-terrorism, and homeland security spending in respond to relatively small enemy that can operate on a small budget.

Again, this is classic guerilla warfare. The ONLY chance they have to win, is for you to do what youre doing now.

Youve spent more money swatting at this band of wackos than you spent defeating the Empires of Japan and Germany in WW2.

It makes a lot of claims. I think the overall message in the track is pretty clear about how the US deals with agression from within and from without. Mind you the track is about 15 years old (wtf... i've had that cd for that long!!!!??) Unless there was an issue with Darfur during the early 90s, I don't think there was, I could be wrong so I will claim ignorance on this one.

The Somali Civil War was on. But trouble started way before that...mid-1980s or so. Perhaps earlier.

Anyways, I am wondering what can now be considered an icon of capitalism, since the WTC towers exist in only a memory. If Bin Laden is really after capitalism, what would be the next target? If there will be a next attack, even the powers that be are trying to figure out what Osama's next target is.

I doubt Osama is doing much. But, his minions no doubt are. Are they co-ordinated enough to do another 9-11? Who knows? They seem to be going after easier targets closer to home. Can anyone afford to let them try another 9-11 or worse? If Pakistan falls to the Taliban...not impossible...or if Iran supplies nuclear weapons to terrorists...all bets are off. Al-Qaeda or their ilk w/ atomic weapons equals scary.

The Somali Civil War was on. But trouble started way before that...mid-1980s or so. Perhaps earlier.

I doubt Osama is doing much. But, his minions no doubt are. Are they co-ordinated enough to do another 9-11? Who knows? They seem to be going after easier targets closer to home. Can anyone afford to let them try another 9-11 or worse? If Pakistan falls to the Taliban...not impossible...or if Iran supplies nuclear weapons to terrorists...all bets are off. Al-Qaeda or their ilk w/ atomic weapons equals scary.

Theres no need for AQ to do much as long as Obama is continuing the GWOT. My guess is they will save the next big attack until it looks like you arent taking them seriously anymore at which point theyll have to pull of something else to stay relevant.

This has already been going on for 8 years. An orgy of defense, anti-terrorism, and homeland security spending in respond to relatively small enemy that can operate on a small budget.

..and it can go on for another 80 years if need be. What's your hurry?

Again, this is classic guerilla warfare. The ONLY chance they have to win, is for you to do what youre doing now.

Depends on how you define winning.....does that include Macdonald's and Wal-Mart in Baghdad?

Youve spent more money swatting at this band of wackos than you spent defeating the Empires of Japan and Germany in WW2.

Not in real, inflation adjusted dollars.....WW2 cost the USA about $5 trillion over a much shorter period.

The Cold War cost more than that.....and we are still in Japan, Germany, and Korea.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Theres no need for AQ to do much as long as Obama is continuing the GWOT. My guess is they will save the next big attack until it looks like you arent taking them seriously anymore at which point theyll have to pull of something else to stay relevant.

Ooooo...sneaky....maybe we will do the same thing....blow up a cave or two when they least expect it.

Originaly the tune struck a chord with me. I love the industrial/techno hybrid sound which on Millenium they did quite well. With one of the guitarists from Pantera, and a couple former members of Skinny Puppy (did not listen to them a whole lot). The first track Vigilante is a pretty powerful tune.

Dog, don't get me goin on music, cause I might not stop. Love music, 10 years a dj, 3 years of writting house/electronic music now.... its a whol lot o fun. I get better all the time.

----------------------------

I don't think we need worry about Bin Laden messing with capitalism. The bankers have beat him to it.