Iran YET again in Violation of the Nuclear Treaty

M.Dancer

Iran has kept the facility, 160 kilometres southwest of Tehran, hidden from weapons inspectors, but the U.S. has long known of its existence, a senior White House official told The Associated Press. Mr. Obama decided to go public with the revelation after Iran learned that Western intelligence agencies were aware of the project, the official said before the joint statement.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/...article1301183/

What to do what to do?

Would a nuclear armed Iran give a hoot if the world woke up in the morning to find the Gulf is closed to shipping?

What use are bunker busters that gather dust?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we have Israel declare what her nuclear capabilities are before we pick on the Iranians??

Who really is in violation?

This we do know about Israel's apparent nuclear weapon force...it's an independent design that has never been tested for yield or just plain functionality. Even the Israelis would view them with a big question-mark over their heads.

How about we have Israel declare what her nuclear capabilities are before we pick on the Iranians??

Who really is in violation?

Iran.

Israel is not a signatory to the treaty. You cannot be in violation of a treaty you don't belong to.

And israel is not the topic.

The topic is Iran, a nation that has repeatedly lied. denied and deceived the Agency.

Iran.

Israel is not a signatory to the treaty. You cannot be in violation of a treaty you don't belong to.

And israel is not the topic.

The topic is Iran, a nation that has repeatedly lied. denied and deceived the Agency.

Iran is also not signatory to any nuke treaty. They were, but you can opt out of it. Legal by so called international laws

And you can't avoid talking about Irans nukes without bringing up Israel. Because for all intents and purposes Iran is building nukes to take out Israel, according to them. So if they want Iran to come clean, then they should do so as well.

Let's not be hypocrites and try to be fair about this.

Edited by GostHacked

Anyone up on Ahmedinnerjacket's history would know that...but you decided to post in this thread anyways.

He's just another nut in a nutty world, much of which is already filled to the rafters with nukes, what else do I need to know?

You figure going ballistic and freaking out around these people is a good idea? You must be nuts.

He's just another nut in a nutty world, much of which is already filled to the rafters with nukes, what else do I need to know?

You figure going ballistic and freaking out around these people is a good idea? You must be nuts.

That's right...I'm the crazy one...not Iran's president and similar ilk. How is life on Mars, anyways?

Oh, I'd definitely say Ahmadinejad is also as loony as they come.

...but it's OK if he develops nuclear weapons to put ontop of his ICBMs.

So I was right, you do figure going ballistic and freaking out around these sorts people is a good idea don't you?

If by 'freaking-out' you mean getting him to stop what he's doing and hopefully supporting a popular uprising against the current Iranian government that shoots its own citizens in the streets...then yes...I'm 'freaking-out'. But, you'd let The Holocaust occur in the name of keeping out of other nation's business...so wtf do you care? Thugs could be beating an old man by the roadside and it wouldn't be your business to stop them...no.

Iran is also not signatory to any nuke treaty. They were, but you can opt out of it. Legal by so called international laws

Since when did they opt out

And you can't avoid talking about Irans nukes without bringing up Israel. Because for all intents and purposes Iran is building nukes to take out Israel, according to them. So if they want Iran to come clean, then they should do so as well.

Let's not be hypocrites and try to be fair about this.

Given that Iran denies making nukes, the statement that according to Iran, Iran is making nukes to take out Israels nukes is either false or a just cause for israel and the west to take Iran out.

Which would you like to go with?

...but it's OK if he develops nuclear weapons to put ontop of his ICBMs.

I wouldn't say its great but what's the point of freaking out about a few more compared to the thousands that already exist?

If by 'freaking-out' you mean getting him to stop what he's doing and hopefully supporting a popular uprising against the current Iranian government that shoots its own citizens in the streets...then yes...I'm 'freaking-out'.

Great. Changing regimes the last time we freaked out over Iran really made the world a better place didn't it?

But, you'd let The Holocaust occur in the name of keeping out of other nation's business...so wtf do you care?

Ummmm, the Holocaust already occured so wtf are you talking about?

Thugs could be beating an old man by the roadside and it wouldn't be your business to stop them...no.

You really need to get a better grip on your assumptions.

Edited by eyeball

I wouldn't say its great but what's the point of freaking out about a few more compared to the thousands that already exist?

Unaware of the effects of nuclear weapons, I see. They are more than just a big bomb.

Great. Changing regimes the last time we freaked out over Iran really made the world a better place didn't it?

Well you'd prefer one where we're all speaking German...just so we didn't upset a dictator.

Ummmm, the Holocaust already occured so wtf are you talking about?

You'd ignore any Holocaust according to your stated philosophy of live and let live...or die.

Unaware of the effects of nuclear weapons, I see. They are more than just a big bomb.

Then why did we help fill the world up with so many of them?

Well you'd prefer one where we're all speaking German...just so we didn't upset a dictator.

You're obviously nuts. We're talking about Iran in 2009 not Europe in the 1940's.

Get a grip.

You'd ignore any Holocaust according to your stated philosophy of live and let live...or die.

There you go again, letting your assumptions get the better of you.

Edited by eyeball

Canada should sanction every country on Earth that has nuclear weapons.

Of course it stands to reason that the world should sanction Canada if we continue to supply uranium to countries that do because we're every bit as guilty.

That's quite the position to take given when you are on your other prescription you advocate canada arm itself with nuclear weapons.

That's quite the position to take given when you are on your other prescription you advocate canada arm itself with nuclear weapons.

Or we could do that too but I'd prefer we move to my new position.

I half expect Iran will test a bomb before December and by the time February rolls around they'll be receiving their exclusive membership card not to mention some new found respect and various concessions from the old boy's club of other nuclear armed nations. This path is both time honoured and well travelled, just like all the freaking out that follows anyone taking it.

On the other hand I expect someone will completelylose it and attack Iran and we could be mired up to our necks in the Mother of all Quags....again.