Another Liberal Conspiracy?

Only 42% of Republicans actually believe that Obama is born in the U.S. or meets the requirements of being registered as American born to serve as U.S. President. That is astounding and troubling for the Republicans.

But then again maybe they don't really care, it does not matter what the public thinks in this regard so long as their voting base remains loyal.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But then again maybe they don't really care, it does not matter what the public thinks in this regard so long as their voting base remains loyal.

My impression is that some of the thoughtful Republicans out there (and there are a few) are indeed alarmed by this. Appealing to the base does not expand the appeal the Republicans need to make inroads in support.

If independents and moderate Republicans are driven out of the party by a narrow focus, it will be a long time before the party gets off the bench.

Only a political hack like yourself would fail to recognize that only 42% of Republicans actually believe that Obama is an American.

I didn't fail to recognize it, because that wasn't the number you were fudging.

The rest don't.

They're you go again. You're lumping people who aren't sure, with people who actually don't believe Obama was born in America. Why are you doing that? Why are you being so obtuse?

Only a political hack like yourself would take comfort that 30% of Republicans don't know. Why don't they know? Because other political hacks in the Republican party keep saying he isn't or raise doubts that he is.

When did I say I took any comfort? For the love of God, stop lying, and stop making up facts. And if anyone is raising the issue of Obama's birth, it's you. How many threads in how many different sections are you planning on discussing this? You're obsessed with it.

You're a hack. Plain and simple.

I didn't fail to recognize it, because that wasn't the number you were fudging.

It certainly is the number you are fudging.

They're you go again. You're lumping people who aren't sure, with people who actually don't believe Obama was born in America. Why are you doing that? Why are you being so obtuse?

Why are you being so obtuse? Only 42% of your party believe Obama is an American. The rest don't. You seem only concerned with the number that seems positive that Obama isn't an American.

When did I say I took any comfort? For the love of God, stop lying, and stop making up facts. And if anyone is raising the issue of Obama's birth, it's you. How many threads in how many different sections are you planning on discussing this? You're obsessed with it.

That is a laugh. There are a few threads on this subject, most I haven't even commented on. Why don't you stop making up facts and stop lying?

The birthers issue is a Republican issue that won't go away. There isn't anything that the Democrats can do about it. Even the National Review is incredulous and alarmed by the direction of the right on this.

Your party is obsessed with it and your only recourse seems to be to blame Obama. Well, thoughtful Republicans know that there is nothing Obama can do to shut down this story. If many on the right won't even believe the National Review, then the party is truly lost.

You're a hack. Plain and simple.

Coming from the ultimate hack of hacks of hacks is truly amusing. Your Obama Derangement Syndrome would make even Rush Limbaugh blush.

I can't believe that there are unsure people

Probably because they've seen and heard so much about it over the last couple of months, from both sides of the issue. Plus it doesn't help that Obama doesn't have a birth certificate, and only a certificate of live birth. Most people can't relate, because most people have never heard of such a document. It probably sounds kind of made up to them.

You seem only concerned with the number that seems positive that Obama isn't an American.

Because that's the only number that really matters. Kind of like the high percentage of Dems who still think 911 was an inside job, in which George Bush took part in, or knew about. And it's actually higher than the 28% of Republicans who doubt Obama's birth.

I can't believe that there are unsure people....I can't believe that they think everyone is lying either, but I just can't believe somone is sitting on the fence with this thing.

Its simply that the tinfoil hat is on the other head, and this is the best they can do (for now). Any reason to give the masses, to inspire hatred of the opposition.

Because that's the only number that really matters. Kind of like the high percentage of Dems who still think 911 was an inside job, in which George Bush took part in, or knew about. And it's actually higher than the 28% of Republicans who doubt Obama's birth.

That a minority of Republicans actually believe that Obama is American? That is a pretty shaky foundation.

Do you have a cite that shows only a minority of Democrats believe that 9/11 wasn't an inside job?

Probably because they've seen and heard so much about it over the last couple of months, from both sides of the issue. Plus it doesn't help that Obama doesn't have a birth certificate, and only a certificate of live birth. Most people can't relate, because most people have never heard of such a document. It probably sounds kind of made up to them.

And your many Republican friends keep saying it means that there are doubts despite the fact that other thoughtful conservatives say there are no doubts.

This is a Republican issue. Nothing Obama does will change that.

Edited by jdobbin

Do you have a cite that shows only a minority of Democrats believe that 9/11 wasn't an inside job?

Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know.

Link

Yikes! Looks like the Dems have a pretty big problem on their hands. :lol:

Yikes! Looks like the Dems have a pretty big problem on their hands. :lol:

I figured that you would list that poll.

As many have noted, Bush had been briefed about the possibility of attack prior to September 11. This poll does not say those people believed it was an inside job and you know it.

And btw, this is the non-partisan, non-hackery version of the poll that was twisted by Dobbin and Daily Kos.

You know the way you toss the hackery phrase around is completely laughable. Your Obama Derangement Syndrome is legendary.

Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama is an American. It is a staggering figure.

I figured that you would list that poll.

I could cite the Zogby poll if you prefer. It contains similar, if not more devastating results. The vast majority of truthers are liberal democrats.

And I'm not sure how me agreeing that Obama was born in America makes me Obama deranged. Just more political hackery from you. Pathetic.

I could cite the Zogby poll if you prefer. It contains similar, if not more devastating results. The vast majority of truthers are liberal democrats.

That polls is as revealing as the other. It was taken shortly after Bush said that he had been briefed on the possibility of attack.

The poll itself showed only 4.2% of Americans believed Bush made it happen.

Another strike against you. Do you ever get anything right? Consistently the biggest liar and some of most pathetic posts I have seen can be traced back Obama Deranged posters.

And I'm not sure how me agreeing that Obama was born in America makes me Obama deranged. Just more political hackery from you. Pathetic.

Pathetic is blaming Obama for the views of your party. What hackery of the first order.

No see Rasmussen polls are always way off becuase they are an Internet sample poll form those who volunteer for it. The Kos poll is a phone poll from a sample of all of the US. Don't think they are different just look at the results from the 2008 election. They use a company called Diageo/Hotline it isn't Kos polling.

No, they use Research 2000, not "Diageo/Hotline". Nevertheless, R2K is quite reputable and the response from the polling community was initially skeptical... Until they started doing their own polls on the matter. Check out PPP's results due tomorrow or Tuesday. They'll more than confirm R2K.

Nonsense! People believe what they want to believe. And 58% of Republicans CHOOSE not to believe or continue to question the President’s legitimacy because their prejudice has them grasping for whatever plausible theory that fulfils their prejudice.

It's quite stunning really. For it means that the GOP is quite simply uncompetitive in any quest for control over any of the three elected branches and that the USA is set to be a one party state for the foreseeable future.

Zogby and Rasmussen! That's your evidence. Both houses are paid mercenaries who conduct push polls and are consistent outliers on any polling event where other houses participate.

Rasmussen's latest gambit is to negate moderate approval and disapproval in favor of a strongly approve/disapprove measure. That's simply a recipe to highlight comparable wingnuttery.

Truthers are absolutely the counterpoint of birthers. But truthers are not as prevalent as Zogby claimed (his results could not be replicated by any other firm) and, as far as I'm concerned, meeting an accusation that a political party is fast certifiable with the defense that your opponent "was proven to be kinda nuts once" doesn't speak well for your side.