Another Liberal Conspiracy?

Harper your a dumb ass!

For the record, it looks like the article I linked in my post mistakenly reported the fine to have been levied by federal authorities. In fact, it's the provincial government that imposed the $562,000 fine on the City of Ottawa.

The City of Ottawa has been sentenced to pay a $562,000 fine for a sewage spill that flushed millions of litres of raw sewage into the Ottawa River in the summer of 2006.

The penalty levied by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment Friday afternoon is far less than the $78-million maximum that the city could have been asked to pay, and is close to the minimum allowed for the length of the spill. However, the ministry said it is the largest fine ever handed to a municipality for this kind of spill.

The city, which pleaded guilty in September to two charges under the Ontario Water Resources Act, has 30 days to pay the fine, which is officially $450,000. An additional surcharge of $112,500 will go into a fund to help victims of crime.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2008...10.html?ref=rss

There are other articles which state it is the province fined the City.

"Dumb ass Harper", in cooperation with the province and the City, are to spend $100M to fix the problem to prevent future spills into the river.

The City of Ottawa, the provincial government and the federal government are to spend $100 million in the coming years to upgrade the city's sewage system to prevent future spills and overflows.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2008...10.html?ref=rss

Now, back to the scheduled topic. :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are out of your mind.

Nope. This is another example of your political hackery. Using your own poll, a poll by the way from the non-partisan Daily Kos, clearly states that 28% of Republicans believe that Obama wasn't born in America. Do you even bother to read the polls you cite? Or do you just skim the headline, and then copy and paste? It's pretty shoddy posting standards.

Standards of a political hack.

Nope. This is another example of your political hackery. Using your own poll, a poll by the way from the non-partisan Daily Kos, clearly states that 28% of Republicans believe that Obama wasn't born in America. Do you even bother to read the polls you cite? Or do you just skim the headline, and then copy and paste? It's pretty shoddy posting standards.

The Kos has a polling company you know that right? An independent polling company. It has an Margin of Error of 2%.

I figured you'd be upset about who owned the polling company.

58% of Republicans don't believe Obama is an American. I know you want to focus on the 28% who are certain of that and forget about the rest who just don't know after hearing months of right wing questioning.

Your political hackery of playing footsie with all this and blaming Obama for the Republicans thinking this way is only going to hurt Republicans long term.

Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama is an American.

No matter how you slice it that is not a number that will not go away. And elected Republicans are going to hear from more and more people in their party about what they are doing to get to the truth or to oust Obama.

How will you as the ultimate Republican supporter deal with that? Blame Obama? That certainly won't help with the mounting pressure on your own elected Republicans.

Edited by jdobbin

The Kos has a polling company you know that right? An independent polling company. It has an Margin of Error of 2%.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, expect other polling companies to ask the question as well.

Then I guess it will be all polling companies are tainted.

Edited by jdobbin

It isn't a claim it is a real number.

He is trying to say that the issue is Obama wasn't born in the U.S. and it not about his citizenship.

That is the absurd claim.

If he wasn't an American then, he isn't an American now since it would entail naturalization or sponsorship by American parents. Since that didn't happen, it obviously means that a majority of Republicans don't believe he is American.

McCain was born in U.S. controlled Panama Canal Zone. His citizenship was automatic with simple paperwork.

Edited by jdobbin

He is trying to say that the issue is Obama wasn't born in the U.S.

If he wasn't an American then, he isn't an American now since that would entail naturalization or sponsorship by American parents.

McCain was born in U.S. controlled Panama Canal Zone. His citizenship was automatic with simple paperwork.

You guys don't have a clue.....there are many ways to get American citizenship while not actually being born in the USA. Polls do not accurately reflect any sampled population in this context.

If you are going to make this kind of crap up, at least get the story straight. Sheeesh!

The interesting thing about all this is that if Republicans believe Obama was born in Kenya, then not only is he foreign born but he isn't an American since his family didn't apply for citizenship later on.

In short, for some people at these town halls, Obama is not an American citizen at all.

The interesting thing about all this is that if Republicans believe Obama was born in Kenya, then not only is he foreign born but he isn't an American since his family didn't apply for citizenship later on.

Pure conjecture.

In short, for some people at these town halls, Obama is not an American citizen at all.

Some are Democrats too...oh my! :lol:

Yes, you are.

Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama is an American. That would entail being born in the U.S. or having citizenship granted as it was on the case of McCain based on U.S. territory or paperwork from American parents.

If the rest don't believe he was born in the U.S. or don't know, they fall into the category of not believing or not knowing he is American.

And that's just the plain truth no matter how you slice it.

Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama is an American. That would entail being born in the U.S. or having citizenship granted as it was on the case of McCain based on U.S. territory or paperwork from American parents.

If the rest don't believe he was born in the U.S. or don't know, they fall into the category of not believing or not knowing he is American.

And that's just the plain truth no matter how you slice it.

See...he is just making it up as it goes along. I was able to spin the story in a different direction with just a few facts.

He just isn't. He has a poll what do you have? A bunch of crazy Republicans.

If someone believes the figures are wrong about Republicans believing or not knowing Obama is foreign born, I am all ears.

If he is foreign born as they say, he is not an American since his family has never applied for his citizenship.

Edited by jdobbin

He just isn't. He has a poll what do you have? A bunch of crazy Republicans.

Have you actually read the poll? His poll? Because if you have, you'd know that it clearly states that 28% don't believe Obama was born in America. Dobbin lies to arrive at his 58% number by adding the 30% of those who were polled and answered not sure. Being not sure, and believing Obama wasn't, are two different things. But what else would we expect from a political hack like Dobbin.

Oh, and btw, now that Daily Kos polls are accepted in this forum, I don't wanna hear so much as a peep from any of you if I post a Rasmussen poll. You f'ing hypocrites.

Have you actually read the poll? His poll? Because if you have, you'd know that it clearly states that 28% don't believe Obama was born in America. Dobbin lies to arrive at his 58% number by adding the 30% of those who were polled and answered not sure. Being not sure, and believing Obama wasn't, are two different things. But what else would we expect from a political hack like Dobbin.

Oh, and btw, now that Daily Kos polls are accepted in this forum, I don't wanna hear so much as a peep from any of you if I post a Rasmussen poll. You f'ing hypocrites.

No see Rasmussen polls are always way off becuase they are an Internet sample poll form those who volunteer for it. The Kos poll is a phone poll from a sample of all of the US. Don't think they are different just look at the results from the 2008 election. They use a company called Diageo/Hotline it isn't Kos polling.

I guess we could go to the Obama is not an American thread. 58% of Republicans now believe he isn't an American. Keep working at it and you can it to 100%! Make it the main campaign issue!

You're a clever one Dobbin. When a thread doesn't quite go the way you planned, you try and change the channel - and it often works......like this one did! There's always an abundance of people who will comply and go off-topic to make their point. You slippery Liberal devil.

Edited by Keepitsimple

Only a political hack like yourself would fail to recognize that only 42% of Republicans actually believe that Obama is an American.

The rest don't.

Only a political hack like yourself would take comfort that 30% of Republicans don't know. Why don't they know? Because other political hacks in the Republican party keep saying he isn't or raise doubts that he is.

Even the National Review, a conservative voice in media is alarmed by what they are seeing and throw cold water on the whole thing. For their troubles, they are now under fire from many on the right.

Only 42% of Republicans actually believe that Obama is born in the U.S. or meets the requirements of being registered as American born to serve as U.S. President. That is astounding and troubling for the Republicans.

I certainly have not made a deal about polling companies. My only concerns is the methodology and the questions. If both follow standard practices then then the ownership of the polls has no major concerns for me. In other words, it could be a Republican party poll but if it follows standard practices, it is an acceptable way to identify public opinion.

You're a clever one Dobbin. When a thread doesn't quite go the way you planned, you try and change the channel - and it often works......like this one did! There's always an abundance of people who will comply and go off-topic to make their point. You slippery Liberal devil.

It must be some clever Liberal conspiracy.

Actually, for the most part, that's precisely what they. Liberal shills, PRETENDING to be Conservatives, signing up to these groups just to try to promote the illusion of discontent.

If I should sneak into a harmonious organization to try to spread conflict, I'll fail. If I succeeed in sparking a conflict, then that means the fuel was there already.

Now, this is just an accusation, with no proof yet. But for the sake of argument, let's assume the Liberals are in fact doing this. Sure they're in the wrong there, but that still doesn't change the fact that they could have succeeded in igniting the fire only if the fuel was there already.