Romeo LeBlanc funeral

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen anything Any other Catholics here who are bothered by this? It seems disrespectful to me.

A catholic can't accept communion if theybaven't been to confession. But they can accept the blessing.

Harper isn't a catholic so strictly speaking he shouldn't accept communion.

Edited by M.Dancer

When Harper went to former GG, he decided to take part in the Holy Communion, he accepted the Holy Bread and instead of placing it in his mouth he left it in his hand and walk away. As said in the news report , it against the church not to place in your mouth as it being part of Jeus. The PMO is saying that its true but the video proves different and the video is at the bottom of the link. http://www.windsorstar.com/Life/Harper+acc...0777/story.html

As a Catholic I care so little it hurts. Their are too many other issues that would make Jesus cry going on out there to care about this anyway. If Catholics focus on this I will just be sad we need to focus on the poor and the meek. On helping those who need help this is what Jesus Taught not to care if someone eats his body or not. God.

When Harper went to former GG, he decided to take part in the Holy Communion, he accepted the Holy Bread and instead of placing it in his mouth he left it in his hand and walk away.

Sarcasm alert! All this fuss could have been avoided if Harper would have had a taster with him to make sure the wafer wasn't poisonous before he consumed it. You just never know these days. This is potentially the worse scandal ever to hit the Conservative government.

As said in the news report , it against the church not to place in your mouth as it being part of Jeus.

There was a time you couldn't touch the host with your hand so the priest would place the host on your tongue. Neither could you touch the host with your teeth and if you had eaten less than one hour before communion you could not receive communion. I remember as a youngster, the host would stick at the top of my palate and all I could hope to escape hellfire was that the wafer would melt and I could swallow it ASAP. Sometimes it would take up to 30 minutes.

muchado about nothing... it is kind of humourous though!

Not even humorous, just really stupid. I can sympathize with the Prime Minister. The first time I was in a Catholic Church, I was freaking out as everyone was walking up to receive Communion. My wife (a Catholic) saw my distress and said "You don't have to go up, or you can go up and just receive a blessing." I agree with some other observers, the PM should have been told. I hardly expect a non-Catholic, particularly one who, as I understand it, receives Communion at his own church, to be up on the rules of the Catholic Church.

Not even humorous, just really stupid. I can sympathize with the Prime Minister. The first time I was in a Catholic Church, I was freaking out as everyone was walking up to receive Communion. My wife (a Catholic) saw my distress and said "You don't have to go up, or you can go up and just receive a blessing." I agree with some other observers, the PM should have been told. I hardly expect a non-Catholic, particularly one who, as I understand it, receives Communion at his own church, to be up on the rules of the Catholic Church.

I'm an Anglican, and I knew that. I would be really, really, really surprised if Harper didn't know that. In fact generally the Priest at a Catholic Mass announces that yu can only receive if you are a confirmed Catholic, did that not happen in this case?

And it is funny, trust me. I know about these things.

It shouldn't have been reported as news to the mainstream. The whole circumstance is personal and private.

And in the end, I don't believe it anyway. I can't believe that he could be ignorant about the sacramental importance of communion, or that he would treat it frivolously- as a matter of faith. much less political appearances.

A stunning accusation.

It shouldn't have been reported as news to the mainstream. The whole circumstance is personal and private.

And in the end, I don't believe it anyway. I can't believe that he could be ignorant about the sacramental importance of communion, or that he would treat it frivolously- as a matter of faith. much less political appearances.

A stunning accusation.

I watched the video clip carefully. How on earth can anyone tell for sure that he pocketed the wafer?

The priest hands him the wafer and then blocks the camers's view. By the time he moves out of the way anything could have happened! Harper could have buttered it before eating!

Who's to say how long the priest blocked the view? With this kind of clip maybe there was an editing snip to make it seem faster than it actually was. It could be excused as just "editing for brevity".

Besides, there's no way Harper would have done something so stupid! It would have been like being caught kicking a kitten!

This is all just total crapola from people who would blame tsunamis and bad weather on Harper. He's not my hero either but I won't spin crap just to make him look bad! Politicians can do that all on their own.

It's summertime, folks! The media are all VERY hungry for a story!

Maybe they'll get a picture of Ignatief picking his nose. Or Douceppe drinking Molson Canadian. Or a man biting a dog...

Edited by Wild Bill

This thread gives yet more insight into the bizzaro world of the Harper Haters. Any suggestion of wrongdoing by Harper, whatever the source, whatever the lack of evidence, is instantly accepted as proven fact leading to indignant condemnations of the prime minister's moral character.

These are the same people, for the most part, who thought nothing was wrong with Chretien's boys passing brown paper bags of stolen cash back and forth across the table in a dark Italian restaurant.

It's doubtful this occurred. Harper is many things but stupid simply isn't one of them. There's no way he would ever risk alienating ever catholic voter in this country. Regardless of his own personal beliefs I have every bit of faith that he would do the politically expedient thing and take the communion as proscribed.

This thread gives yet more insight into the bizzaro world of the Harper Haters. Any suggestion of wrongdoing by Harper, whatever the source, whatever the lack of evidence, is instantly accepted as proven fact leading to indignant condemnations of the prime minister's moral character.

These are the same people, for the most part, who thought nothing was wrong with Chretien's boys passing brown paper bags of stolen cash back and forth across the table in a dark Italian restaurant.

DEFLECT!!!!! I think all of us had issue with the brown paper bags, just as we had a problem with Mulroney accepting cash in an envelope.

In all honesty, I really couldn't care if he stuck the wafer up his arse, but I must say, it looks bad to have him lie about it. But having said that, he's told a few whoppers since coming to the public eye, nothing should surprise.

It's doubtful this occurred. Harper is many things but stupid simply isn't one of them. There's no way he would ever risk alienating ever catholic voter in this country. Regardless of his own personal beliefs I have every bit of faith that he would do the politically expedient thing and take the communion as proscribed.

As punked said (and he's far from a Harper lover as I recall) most Catholics couldn't give a crap about this. I'd accept communion at a Catholic Church and I'm not Catholic. Why? I dunno for fun why not? Who the hell cares? The only people who would actually get upset about this are backwards and uptight fools.

Nobody cares except the morons trying to score political points against Harper.

I don't really care, but there are people ti which Church law is important. The reality is that he never should have accepted the communion, because he hasn't (as far as I know) taken first communion. Again, I don't care, but there are definitely people that will care.

As punked said (and he's far from a Harper lover as I recall) most Catholics couldn't give a crap about this. I'd accept communion at a Catholic Church and I'm not Catholic. Why? I dunno for fun why not? Who the hell cares? The only people who would actually get upset about this are backwards and uptight fools.

Nobody cares except the morons trying to score political points against Harper.

You're right not many people care about it except those who are truly devout Catholics. Like I said I doubt it happened but Harper is too smart to screw up like this. Considering the polls he's not in a position to jeopardize any amount of potential votes. He may not be particularly pragmatic but he's certainly politically savvy.

There's no way he would ever risk alienating ever catholic voter in this country.

Who stands to gain the most if this pseudo scandal is built up to ridiculous proportions? The Liberals of course, who are courting the religious vote.

We even have a thread dedicated to this very topic.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index....showtopic=14222

Touring Liberal blogs is telling, in that since Warren Kinsella blogged on the matter, other bloggers have put up similar entries to condemn Harper.

Who stands to gain the most if this pseudo scandal is built up to ridiculous proportions? The Liberals of course, who are courting the religious vote.

We even have a thread dedicated to this very topic.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index....showtopic=14222

Touring Liberal blogs is telling, in that since Warren Kinsella blogged on the matter, other bloggers have put up similar entries to condemn Harper.

OMG!!! Is this true??????

I don't really care, but there are people ti which Church law is important. The reality is that he never should have accepted the communion, because he hasn't (as far as I know) taken first communion. Again, I don't care, but there are definitely people that will care.

You don't care, but you have to keep posting about how terrible it was that he did this thing - even though you don't, of course, know if he did this thing or not. But he's still a terrible man for doing it!

But that nice Jean Chretien was a wonderful man.